Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-20-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
Will Overkill

Anyone heard from him recently?

I sent him data and a request on 6/4 and have not heard a peep.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:25 PM   #2
jimmyp

Drives: 2013 Camaro Convertible
I think he was out of town working on some s/c kits. I've been waiting for a response from him too.Hopefully soon.
jimmyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:47 PM   #3
Camaro1037

Drives: 2015 Camaro Ls
Will ?? Who is that !!??
Oh yeah the guy that never answers emails,etc,etc.
Yeah I think he is chillin with Waldo somewhere.?

Been waiting since Mid April

http://www.carsponsors.com/applicati...ut/Camaro1037/

Last edited by Camaro1037; 06-20-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Camaro1037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:56 PM   #4
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
Been waiting for a reply since May 5th.
Jazzzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #5
sspade

Wow. This is scary.

He should not advertise "free retunes for as long as you own your vehicle" if he doesn't have the time or manpower to stand behind it.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
Old 06-20-2017, 02:18 PM   #6
Camaro1037

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Wow. This is scary.

He should not advertise "free retunes for as long as you own your vehicle" if he doesn't have the time or manpower to stand behind it.
I could not agree with you more on this matter. Dont get me wrong when he does the tune. The results are amazing. Yet you say free for life as advertise. Yet he is m.i.a lately .

Old 06-20-2017, 02:30 PM   #7
CamaroSpeedFreak

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I placed my order early April got the Autocal Early May and the tune Early June. Worth the wait for sure but drove me crazy waiting to go FAST
CamaroSpeedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:55 PM   #8
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
I've never had an issue on communication or retunes, but he does travel often.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:47 PM   #9
Silent...

Drives: 2012 2LT RS White Born: 11/10/11
I'm so glad that I went with another tuner who was very responsive, has a proven product, and ships timely. Within a week I was up and running. If you have questions, please send me an IM.
*Grey Hockey Stripes; Heritage Grill; GM GFX - Unpainted Argent Gray; GM Dovetail Spoiler; Rivercity Creations custom painted rear bowtie, RS & Taillight Bezels; MRR M017 Graphite Wheels; Nitto NT555 G2; ACS 4Teen Heat Extractor
*RX Catch Can;CAI; MF Exhaust; VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB; Overkill Stage 1 Supercharger System; Hotchkis Comp Sway Bar Set w/ End Links, Cadillac CTSV 4 Piston Brembos on all corners with SS Black Hat Rotors

Youtube Channel - HPDE Driving Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpO...8aw6hgX3O1Uh7A
Silent... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:33 PM   #10
Jazzzed

I also had a tune request back in March after I purchased a mod, and NEVER heard back from that one either. I'm 0-2 on retune requests. Personally, I'd prefer to pay for them. At least I'd get a response. Well maybe...
Old 06-20-2017, 05:48 PM   #11
sspade

I think Will just got wayyy too big way too fast. I don't think he's at home on the couch ignoring people but still...

Now he has a supercharger kit that is $6500 which I'm sure is getting the bulk of his attention at this point.

Its a tough situation but at the end of the day - we all paid $500+ for his tuning service and have not gotten the best customer service.

I agree, maybe if he charged a small amount for retunes he would have more incentive to respond to people.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:02 PM   #12
Jazzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
I think Will just got wayyy too big way too fast. I don't think he's at home on the couch ignoring people but still...

Now he has a supercharger kit that is $6500 which I'm sure is getting the bulk of his attention at this point.

Its a tough situation but at the end of the day - we all paid $500+ for his tuning service and have not gotten the best customer service.

I agree, maybe if he charged a small amount for retunes he would have more incentive to respond to people.
And gave up our powertrain warranties. What is your new mod sspade? I ask because it seems that we're both in line for a 80mm ported intake manifold next.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:08 PM   #13
sspade

The only thing I added since my original tune was the WW relocate and Air Scoop which may or may not require an updated tune BUT...

The main reason I sent him data was because I have been experiencing intermittent stuttering and power loss... particularly when I have the cruise engaged on the highway and going up a hill. Very tough to capture but this has happened probably 4-5 times since Ive been tuned.

Not sure what to make of it. Car runs like a top otherwise.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:00 AM   #14
Camaro1037

Guess he is know to do this ?
http://www.gmls4.com/index.php?topic=1761.0