Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-13-2015, 07:38 AM   #43
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
"You keep your car spotless, I don't understand why I have to pick up your clothes off of the bathroom floor" *eyes roll*
THIS^^^ oh well what can i say
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:08 AM   #44
Infantryman11C
High Angle Hell

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
I get that all the time. I'm very anal when it comes to my car. no food, no drinks other than water and no smoking. I bought her a Yukon and told her our kids would not eat or drink or have crayons or markers in the thing because they DESTROYED her Lincoln MKZ. She doesn't care about it. I do. I'm looking at the resale value of the vehicle. She just doesn't like to yell at them or something. I'm the bad guy. I just know if I spend 40k on my sports car and another 50k on her suv I want them to look nice for awhile. I work too hard for them to be destroyed.

Brothers don't always have the same mother
Always remembered, Never forgotten
Infantryman11C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:16 AM   #45
USMUCL

Drives: 2014 Red Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvydvr View Post
Ok, just to get things straight here's my values... God, Family and Country. But my beloved wife has 4 other cars to drive and all I ask is for her to PLEASE...pulease.... be careful with this one... I served 24 years in the Navy as Special Operations, Diver etc and this was my gift/reward to myself and I really do just want to keep her nice... that's all... HOOYAH
My wife and kids come before anything else... without debate... but come-on... don't try to "girl" my car...hahaha...btw... she also "lets" me buy any gun I want...WHAT A WOMAN!!!
Your priorities are where they need to be. As I explained to my 9 year old daughter, taking care of my car does not mean it is more important than her or her mother. Honestly, it is pretty rare that taking care of one excludes the other.

And thank you for capitalizing God's name. So many smucks on the internet have forgotten this small sign of respect.
USMUCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:22 AM   #46
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMUCL View Post
Your priorities are where they need to be. As I explained to my 9 year old daughter, taking care of my car does not mean it is more important than her or her mother. Honestly, it is pretty rare that taking care of one excludes the other.

And thank you for capitalizing God's name. So many smucks on the internet have forgotten this small sign of respect.
HOOYAH!!! Like General Scott of the famed Flying Tigers said "God is my co-pilot." I figure through 5 combat tours, racing superbikes in the canyons of Southern California and now a track Camaro I have put my Guardian Angel into therapy My Wife and I are VERY Blessed and we give all the honor and Glory to GOD!!! My wife is a Christian singer with 4 CD's, we travel most weekends speaking/singing (her not me, I'm horrible), and prison ministry in NW Florida. I agree that most "smucks" have forgotten what honor and respect are, but just remember this:
"All that it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
And... I have it under good authority that God drives a Chevy!!!
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:48 AM   #47
1LEMan

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro RS/SS
^^^^ This!!!! Well said. I owe it all to Him!
1LEMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:51 AM   #48
nvydvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguns95 1LE View Post
At two atmospheres, I never hear my wife.
Diver? HOOYAH Deep Sea!!!
Old 01-13-2015, 11:33 AM   #49
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
It took me 3 wives and 4 girlfriends to finally find a women who thinks as I do when it comes to CARS She was also Poor growing up and having a NICE car is something that matters Keeping it that way is Just part of having it. She's a Keeper this one.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:44 AM   #50
nvydvr

I am trying subliminal messages and while she's sleeping I whisper, over and over, "you love cars"... Hopefully my tactics are working Boy I hope she's not reading this.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:57 AM   #51
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
I should not have quoted you. it was a mistake. I meant the thread in general. Trying to make the point that most of our wives and friends and family respect our cars and our feelings towards them even if they don't understand it.
I did not really believe that you don't let them ride in your car Lol.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Jim
No worries Jim, this is the internet..shit gets misunderstood all the time. lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:25 PM   #52
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Sounds like my ex-wife. She would say it's "just a car to get from a to b", and treated them as such. And beat the crap out of my truck while i was out of the country.
My wife now, she gets it. She's doesn't have "the gearhead" like I do, but she gets it. Even taught herself to drive my car, a manual, while I was gone for training a few months after we married. She goes to car shows with me, has changed her own oil and brakes, and just gets it.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:29 PM   #53
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
That's why no Glutious Maximus but my own has ever been behind the wheel of my baby!
Old 01-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #54
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue10CamaroSS View Post
My cousin (who lives in a trailer) said that to me and my girlfriend when we moved the Corvette 427 from off the road into the driveway.

She wasn't too happy when I told her the car cost more than her residence.
hahahah thats a good one man!!!

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:04 PM   #55
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
No worries Jim, this is the internet..shit gets misunderstood all the time. lol

Thanks man.

jim
Old 01-13-2015, 02:28 PM   #56
nvydvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue10CamaroSS View Post
My cousin (who lives in a trailer) said that to me and my girlfriend when we moved the Corvette 427 from off the road into the driveway.

She wasn't too happy when I told her the car cost more than her residence.
That is awesome, I almost spit my Coke out when I read this... too funny