Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Local Marketplace

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 06:40 AM   #43
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Posted in other threads

Originally Posted by RedTexasSS
REMOTE TUNE BY TAMPA TUNING

When you are ready to tune your Camaro, I highly recommend Tampa Tuning. A friend and I purchased HP tuners and contacted Phil at Tampa Tuning for mail orders tunes. His prices are very reasonable and he is very easy to work with. You simply download your stock tune file, along with your list of mods and email them to Phil. He works his magic and sends the tune file back to you. You upload the new file to your vehicle. He will ask you to use the scanner function in HP tuners and send him a scan file. Phil checks the scan and makes adjustments to the tune until every thing is perfect. He transformed my Camaro into a real beast. It has awesome power and the transmission shifts great, it's a blast to drive. Phil tunes the torque management and you will be amazed at the performance of the trans.

Great job, Phil. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboy10
I agree, did the same thing, Phil is amazing at what he does. My car is a different animal.

Thanks guys. I treat my mail order calibrations like I do from my dyno runs. We do back an forth with data collection and changes until im happy with my numbers. Then we're done.

Guy ask me if I do remote tuning on Forced Induction vehicles and I say mostly No. I don't mine providing something that will make the car, but in FI cars to much can happen to fast, and it needs to be real time for monitoring.

Enjoy the car and the remote tuning program, with HP Tuners
Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87
Recently did my cam swap on my own. Phil was nice enough to meet me up at my job the next day and do a street tune just so I could drive the car around smoothly and safely (he was golfing in the area...that wasnt a guarantee he can meet everyone all the time haha).

The next day he went with me to the drag strip for the Modern Muscle Shootout and did some more tuning while there between runs.

Couple days later he made sure the car was all the way dialed in perfect on the dyno. Beyond the amazing tuning abilities...Phil is the most reliable and stand up guy there is.
-------
I also had a buddy with his Corvette C6 who had a diablo tuner and cat back on it. He ended up taking his car to Phil the same day I did and ended up getting it dialed in perfectly. He called me right after to let me know the the car felt so much better instantly and was completely shocked at just how much of a difference it was having Phil fine tune the car over his handheld. He had a complete trans and engine tune done and loves his car even more now.

Phil is the best!

This Camaro is a Animal now. Just a little story. Ytown was installing a cam, and asked me if I could stop by to load a start up tune so the car would not stall. The stars aliened that I was able to at the end of day after playing golf. But guys that know me, know I just cant stop with a upload. Ytown did a little driving around his parking lot building, so I adjusted his Fuel trims, Idle, Wanting to stall, and we had two shot at little WOT in 3rd gear. I did enough to make the car run good and not die out, but no wear did I add enough to make it powerful. At the end he asked me how much he owed me, and I said nothing, Im not done. I just want you do have a good car to drive to the track.

The next day, 6 or 7 guys from the Tampa Tuning race team were at Bradenton track, YTOWN gets in one clean run and I have more data collection from my scanner than from a parking lot. So I make some calibration correction, then the car dies and the code is for the hand ported throttle body. I clear it, Ytown get a good dig, but dies again with the throttle body code. So I tell him follow me home, I have 15 LS3 cores there, Ill give you a stock core just to make sure that was the problem before his scheduled dyno tuning on Monday. As soon as I plug in the new throttle body, the check engine light went off and never came back.

Then two days later, I got him on the dyno. I know my baseline calibration was good, but I didn't make it to potential. I just wanted to car to be drive able for the weekend so I could get it on the dyno Monday. Adding to stock throttle body back on fixed the codes the was pushing him into reduced power.

The start up calibration dyno run pulled 475RWHP with a blip of 492 RWHP. The 475 RWHP would have been great for most guys, but I want to spend a couple hours calibrating it on the dyno fixing some surging, the idle RPMs, hanging idle, fueling, and main spark timing.

End results from bolt on, intake, a cam equaled 506 RWHP
Old 01-24-2015, 07:11 PM   #44
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Ytowns Camaro

Old 01-25-2015, 09:16 PM   #45
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

LFX calibrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsLoyalist View Post
This was my 2012 Camaro RS. And as all the other posts regarding Tampa tuning, Phil was great. Took about 2.5 hours and Phil explained everything that was going on. Throttle response is great and very smooth. Really kicks in on the higher RPMs. Chirped the tires getting on the interstate. Phil is worth the trip from Miami.
Thanks for stopping by, and im glad you enjoyed the new fun car.
here's your dyno on 89 octane

Phil
Old 01-25-2015, 09:27 PM   #46
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Greg's stock 2015 ZL1 6l90 with 2000 miles

only mod with an air intake mod through a 6L90

Old 01-25-2015, 09:30 PM   #47
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
Do you do LFXs?
We do now!
Old 01-26-2015, 12:38 PM   #48
DOCE 1

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Tune 2011 2SS/RS L99

Hi Tampa tune,

I sent you an email with a couple questions, but I will repost here. I installed a K&N intake, 1.7/8 long tube headers, cat delete, and upgrade iridium plugs. The headers do not have a bung hole for the rear O2 sensors.

Will my car run drive with the rear O2 sensors off?

Can you tune my factory computer or do I need an aftermarket computer?

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2015, 06:17 PM   #49
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCE 1 View Post
Hi Tampa tune,

I sent you an email with a couple questions, but I will repost here. I installed a K&N intake, 1.7/8 long tube headers, cat delete, and upgrade iridium plugs. The headers do not have a bung hole for the rear O2 sensors.

Will my car run drive with the rear O2 sensors off?

Can you tune my factory computer or do I need an aftermarket computer?

Thanks!
I shot you an Email saying :
You'll throw a couple codes from the voltage change with the O2 extensions, and the cats being relocated, but the car will be fine to drive. You can drive it without issues cruising and normal driving, I would just resist the urge to go wide open because it will lean out some with the new airflow, but you'll be fine driving the car to me. when your check engine light comes on from the codes, if you have the remote start option, to fob wont work for remote starting.

Thanks
Phil
Old 01-26-2015, 06:36 PM   #50
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Ford Calibration

Don't shoot the messenger ( or the calibrator ), but we are going to add the Ford line to our calibration capabilities. We have worked closely with HP Tuners and SCT to develop the Ford strategies and will offer our same great performance to our Ford friends.

HP Tuners has the capabilities to calibrate the following Ford vehicles :

Ford
Year
Model Type
05-14
Mustang 4.6,5.0,5.4,5.8 (Except Boss Track key flash)

05-14
Mustang 3.7, 4.0
BA, BF, FG models (Including A6 TCM support)
05-12
Crown Victoria 4.6
07-14
Edge 3.5 (Except Ecoboost)
02-11
Escape 2.3, 3.0
06-14
E-Series Van 4.6 (Except Diesel)
05-14
Expedition 5.4
04-14
Explorer 4.0, 4.6 (Except Ecoboost)
07-12
Fusion 3.0
06-07
Freestar
05-07
Freestyle
09-14
Flex (Except Ecoboost)
04-10
F-Series 4.6, 5.4
11-14
F-Series incl. SVT Raptor (Except Ecoboost, Diesel)
F-Series 3.7
Fusion 3.0
07-12
Ranger 2.3
Sport Trac 4.0
04-14
Taurus 3.0, 3.5 (Except Ecoboost)
03-05
Thunderbird

Old 02-02-2015, 05:43 AM   #51
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

LFX Calibrations

For you LFX guys:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392880
Old 02-02-2015, 08:57 AM   #52
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
I have a 2012 LFX Camaro scheduled next week. Im going to deep dive into it and start calibrating the V6 Platforms. Ill PM you when we transitioning our strategies to the LLT line.
I would be interested as well.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:29 AM   #53
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBill View Post
I would be interested as well.

Bill,
We can do the 3.6 LLT engine line.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:01 AM   #54
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

2013 ZL1 6L90 with ID850, LT Headers, intake, upper and lower pulley changed.

Just "bolt ons " lol

Old 02-24-2015, 06:48 PM   #55
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Catching up on a couple recent Dyno Calibrations

This is the strongest to date L99 Camaro. Just bolt ons. It was one of those freaks of GM

ZL1 with a ported snout and upper and lower pulley with bolt ons

Stock C6 A6 Corvette

Just a little Northstar caddy power.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:53 PM   #56
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

completely stock 2011 A6 Camaro

Closed Thread

Tags
corvette camaro tuner tampa orlando