Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: Orginal Bumper or the New SS Bumper (BumperGate Has begun)
Original Front Bumper 53 37.86%
SS Prototype Bumper/Convertible Bumper 87 62.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2008, 11:26 AM   #15
bowtiedriver

Drives: 2009 WhiteHot G8 Gt
I like the aggressiveness of the ss prototype bumper, but I cant stand that it pushes the fog lights out away more towards the edge of the car. Therefore I voted for the original.
bowtiedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:06 PM   #16
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I like the SS bumper much better. It looks much more agressive than the one we've been seeing on the pre-pro models. I've never liked when fog lamps were aligned perfectly under the headlights. They should be further out, or much further in. The SS one fixes that.

The ONLY thing I don't like on the SS is the horizontal bars in the lower opening. There are too many. Stick with the one bar cutting thru the center instead of the busy looking multiple bars.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:35 PM   #17
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Increadibly tough decision...would need to see them in person....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #18
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
That is how I feel, I like them both.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #19
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
On second though, I'm with Tag'. Let's not put the carriage before the horse - let's see BOTH cars, now, and then decide

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:26 PM   #20
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
The original bumper would be my first choice with the RS as my second choice. I do not really care for the SS bumper, but, I am sure we'll have some choices.
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:08 PM   #21
Strider-No.9

Drives: Dodge Stratus
Think both are nice but I like the second one better.
Strider-No.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:12 PM   #22
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
OG bumper 4 life

but that RS one looks sick too!

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:08 PM   #23
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
The photochopped bumper with the big air dam with 2 bars across is great, the prototype one with the three bars with vertical ones looks retarded. I'm all for the bigger air dam if it looks like the concept bumper and adds a single bar across like the chop. Otherwise I want the concept bumper.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:29 PM   #24
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
all I got to say is quite your whining. it's a personal opinion and believe me as the poll is showing more people like the new bumper. granted it's close 17 to 24 but still the proof is in the pudding. the aftermarket will be for you.

Here's the REAL problem with this whole bumper issue...

Currently, a FEW people prefer the dorky bumper over the original bumber. Okay, that would be fine except for one very important fact that you guys overlook. The truth of the matter is that a whole bunch of $$$ went into designing, developing, fabricating, and testing this thing. Designers and testers cost money. I imagine they have to pay to get them crash tested too. Molds are not free either, and the paperwork to offer an additional option and the shipping and stocking of this part is not free either.

So what?

Well, I personally don't think any of you guys would have complained if only one bumper was ever offered, even on the top dog or SS models. The original bumper looks like the concept and the concept we all seem to agree that we love.

So, money was sunk into this thing that about half the people HATE, and it's already going on the limited production model. That means the money invested in the SS bumper has to be spread out over the SS model sticker price.

So, the MORE things in common between the SS model and the Base model, the lower the sticker price is of the SS... or... the more IMPORTANT things can be used to differentiate the models instead of cosmetics.

How would you feel if you find out that the SS could have had 6-piston brembos on all 4 corners as standard equipment but it got deleted because the rhinoplasty blew the budget?

I don't think fooling with the looks of the car is as important as making improvements to the mechanicals. I don't know why they fiddled with the nose at all because it looked GREAT to begin with.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:45 PM   #25
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Either one is WAAAY better than last years Camaro..... oh yeah, we did not have one........ I am glad it is back, I will take either bumper. I like the RS pic though.

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #26
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
So, money was sunk into this thing that about half the people HATE, and it's already going on the limited production model. That means the money invested in the SS bumper has to be spread out over the SS model sticker price.
Whoever said that? I don't see anyone expressing those feelings. In Fact, if you search the thread, you'll find the only person who uses the word at all (besides me, now) is you........

I think this is more of a preference thing, given that there is no "I don't mind either" option in the poll (which I would fit very snugly in, fyi)...and if the 'SS' facia was the only choice, I'm certain 99% of those who don't prefer it would have no problems with it.

Which leaves....you and one other (because nobody's ever truly alone in their opinions). I don't think GM did any wrong by investing this "massive" amount of money you percieve into a new facia...which I doubt was little more than a computer render, and a cut-die. (and take into account the numbers of new dies that are constantly revised, and recut.)
Old 06-25-2008, 10:59 PM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Oh boy.....if I may...

Ok...as good as I can do this w/out sounding like an ass or offensive....

Personally, from ALL the pictures I've seen so far, I like the concept bumper better. BUT, you MUST remember that hundreds of people complained about the front bumper/facia after it was released (hell, I did too! and got published in CHP bitching about it!!!). It was like they loved everything else but hated the bumper. A lot of people are still unsure about it to this day.

Now, LOOK AT THE POLL
It's almost split down the middle......which means that there's quite a few people who still didn't like the concepts front bumper.

AND....WHO is to say that one will be offered on one model over another?? Camero? I trust the guy wholeheartedly, but GM could easily say ANYONE can order the updated bumper or concept bumper or this one will be offered on this model and that on the other.

We've heard from the desciples on this already and one of their biggest concerns was to make it OBVIOUS that the top model be DIFFERENT than the base models. Do you remember the differences between the Z28 and V6 from the 4th Gens? A painted roof pillar and some badges. wow.

IMO, GM is seriously trying to make different models..........DIFFERENT. They are trying to make everyone happy and LISTEN.

Look. If you don't want it, you don't have to get it. IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. If you want one over the other, you can, I"m sure, order it....if not through GM, from aftermarket.

I highly doubt GM would EVER offer 6 piston Brembos on all 4 corners for all their SS models just by not making another bumper. Really.....we're not talking that much cost at all. A guy draws up the design, the make sure it works on a computer model, and then clay it. We're talking a couple grand to make a one off bumper. BIG, BIG, BIG difference that making all SS's standard w/ Brembos.........

Just give it some time...and remember

"Keep the faith"
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #28
discoteka

Drives: Oramac
Think how much cooler a Camaro with the SS bumper will look with a intercooler...