Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-11-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Buick on the ball....

I know we've all talked about how well GM, in general, is doing with designs, quality improvements, etc. Over the last few weeks (mostly because the wife and I are buying an Enclave...already ordered it, just waiting now), I've been paying more attention to Buick. Theire quality is coming back, big time. Their designs are coming back too. Check these out and tell me that Buick doesn't have something going for it. I know most of you guys/gals are the sports car/2+2 types, and I am too. But I'm also a truck guy and a family guy, so I have to keep an open mind across car line ups.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/11/d...-debuts-in-us/

Okay, the trick doors and interior lighting probably wouldn't make production, but the vehicle looks pretty good...still only a concept, so they are headed in the right direction.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...s-ar50355.html

Another one that looks good. I think GM should build this one as a Buick, change the body panels a bit and also build it as a Caddy. Bring back the Eldorado nameplate. Yeah, I know Caddy already has a 2 door convertible, but that's a different market. The Eldorado was another one of those "attainable by the common man" luxury convertibles. My wifes grandparents still have their '85 Eldorado convertible and when it's cleaned up and the top's down, that car still looks sweet out on the streets.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:40 AM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Personally, I really like the Enclave.

I wish you and your wife many enjoyable years of ownership. Please post some pics. once you take delivery.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #3
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

I'll try. I haven't been able to get the pics of my truck posted in that "post up your ride" thread, but I'll work on it.

We had to order it because we're getting the oddball option. The Enclave comes standard with 7-passenger seating....(2-2-3 although, I don't know who they think they're kidding...there's no way 3 people sit in that last row...and if they're kids small enough to do so, they need car seats which don't fit, but...). So, we're getting the 8-passenger seating (2-3-3). No dealers are ordering their allotments that way. Plus, we already have one of those portable DVD-players (unit, two screens, etc) so we don't need the built in ones that all the dealers are ordering as well. Make it worse, we want the Ming Blue which seems to be a rare color.

I'll see what I can do about getting some pics posted up when we get it.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:35 AM   #4
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
I love the Enclave and the Acadia. The Riviera concept is awesome looking, but you're right...the doors and lighting won't make it to production.

One of these days someone needs to actually make a car like that. Someone has to be first, why not a GM brand?
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #5
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I think the Enclave is one of the best looking SUV/Crossover vehicles out there.

Actually, all 3 (Enclave, Outlook and Acadia) are great looking.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I prefer the Velite to the Riviera, it looks like a real car and not some fancy concept that will never see the light of day. But if nothing has been said about it being produced then I'd say the chances are pretty slim that we will ever see it
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:50 PM   #7
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Buick has my attention 100%. If Saturn wins the "most improved" award for 07, Buick will be winning it soon. They need to make like Saturn and make the Enclave the oldest vehicle in their lineup within a couple years.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:15 AM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=Buick+Enclave

Here's the thread I posted for the Buick Enclave. Seriously, I love this SUV. Congratulations on your purchase...I'm jealous! And like Moose said, please post pix when you take delivery. I'd love to see it!

As far as the other two links...the second one doesn't do too much for me. But, that first? THAT FIRST???

That's an amazing looking car. I really like that Riviera. I'll take it as is, but w/ some minor tweaking to the dash. That car has some STYLE. I completely agree that Buick is on the up and up w/ their styling dept. Some very nice cars recently.

Quote:
Someone has to be first, why not a GM brand?
Great point. Lead the pack, GM. If anyone can do it...!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #9
truvkngfan

Drives: Porsche928,AMV8,Acadia,Accord
I agree with you guys, the Enclave, Acadia, Outlook are in my opinion the best looking crossovers out there. I had to bring my Dodge Ram in for service last week and had an inspection done before I ran out of drive train warranty and found out it needed several thousand in repairs (of course not covered). I told them to button everything up, don't fix anything and I drove it 2 blocks to the GMC dealer and traded it in on an Acadia. It is such a smooth vehicle. I didn't think of adding it to the 'my rides' thread, but I guess I should soon.

I don't know about how the Enclave's come, but at least the Acadia in Minnesota almost always seem to come in the 2-3-3 seating arrangement.
truvkngfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #10
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by truvkngfan View Post
I don't know about how the Enclave's come, but at least the Acadia in Minnesota almost always seem to come in the 2-3-3 seating arrangement.
Really? We started out looking at the Acadia and almost all of them around here were the 2-2-3 setup. It doesn't make much sense to me, but that's just me I guess. We probably would be already driving our Acadia if the dealer had had a 2-3-3 setup on the lot. They only had that setup in their only Enclave, so we went to check it out. After looking at it, my wife wanted to drive it. It's quieter than the Acadia and has a little nicer ride, but not much else is significantly better/worse one way or the other.

We went home and I priced them out comparably online....the Enclave came out about $200 more, so we decided to go that route. I only assumed that the Buick would be a lot more. I had not really looked at that time. The dealer actually told me that there are a couple setups in which the Acadia comes out with a higher price. It's all because of the "standard" features on the Enclave that you have to get as "options on the Acadia".

Anyway, post up some pics of that Acadia. What color combo did you get?