Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-27-2014, 10:48 PM   #1
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
El Paso, TX/Las Cruces, NM Gathering Cruise & Luncheon

CAMARO5 EP/LC LUNCHEON & CRUISE
-SATURDAY, JANUARY 25th, 2013-

On Saturday January 25th, around 20 Camaros and over 35 members from Albuquerque, Alamogordo, Silver City, Las Cruces and El Paso gathered together in the borderlands region of New Mexico and Texas on a very georgous day for a cruise and luncheon through Southern New Mexico's oldest scenic route of Highway 28. The route itself was designated as the Oņate Trail, as it is part of the route Don Juan de Oņate, a Spanish conquistador, took into New Mexico 400 years ago to spread Roman Catholicism by establishing new missions up to northern New Mexico. But you're not here for a history lesson, you're jere for Camaros!

We gathered at the local Las Cruces Pic Quick were we would meet everyone attending from the Las Cruces, NM area and await the arrival of our northern Albuquerque brothers and sisters to arrive. Once all members were present we traveled South to El Paso and going east through the Franklin Mountain State Park and join up with the folks from El Paso. After a lot of photo ops were taken our cruise began.

Beginning on Trans Mountain we ventured West where we would drive on the two lane Onate Trail/Highway 28 through the local agriculture communities such as La Union, Anthony, La Mesa, San Miguel and Stahmann Farms gaining the attention of all the locals and tourists that flock to the areas for the fine food of Chope's and weekend cruising in their hot rods, exotics, and harley cruisers. Ending the early afternoon cruise at the Old Historic District of Old Mesilla, we made it it just in time for our lunch reservation at La Posta de Mesilla where we indulged in the local mexican cuisine of enchiladas, tostadas compuestas, chile con carne and stuffed sopapillas.

After we stuffed our faces, the cruise continued on for those that still had a little more room for some sweets at Caliche's Frozen Custard. We hopped back into our Camaros and drove through the center of Las Cruces, continuing in receiving the attention of passer byers and constant challenges of the local 5th Gen V6 Mustangs. It tends to get old after a while. Arriving at Caliche's at around 5:00PM, we were able to enjoy our root beer floats, frozen Custard and icy cold colas with the always beautiful setting of the sun in Las Cruces.

On a side note, last Monday, January 20th, my close friend of nearly 14 years was involved in a terrible car accident coming back home from Truth or Consequences. His injuries were very severe and had to be airlifted to emergency care out at El Paso, TX. He suffered a broken neck, collapsed lung, and spinal damage which requires many surgeries in hopes to realign and does not guarantee that he will regain feeling in his lower extremities. My dear friends and myself had put together in fundraiser to help his family with the medical bills as he does not have insurance and the procedures in which he will undergo can reach up to $80,000 and that not not include the helicopter lift. My friends and I have been doing a lot of different fundraising as much as we could to help relieve as much stress from his mother and father that we can.

Well this Camaro Gathering was planned two weeks prior to the incident and I did not feel right to try to push a fundraiser on this gathering as we had planned the cruise in advance. Don't ask why, I just felt guilty doing such. Well the amazing goodness of my Camaro collegues' hearts, they got wind of the incident and the fundraiser me and my friends have been putting together that I was presented in the middle of the cruise while giving thank yous for those that came and joined with $150 to help my friend Jason Torres. This had really made my day and brought actual tears to my eyes on the cruise to Old Mesilla, (shhhh...don't tell the guys that I cried) making realize how great and good hearted people really are in today's day and age for shedding their hard earn money for a random stranger that they have never met. I am truely grateful and blessed to a have a family as Camaro Family. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your care and amazing hearts.

I do want to place the fundraiser link on here in hopes that we can raise a few extra dollars whether it be $1, $5, or even .50 cents to help our friend Jason in his time of need. It's through Fundly.com and is the "Helping Hand for Jason Fundraiser" . Thank you all who are part of this Camaro community for being who you are, for everything that you do and coming together for those in need. God Bless.

NOW ON TO THE PICTURES!!!!!
Pictures are a collection that were put together and taken by various members of both Camaro5 EP/LC Chapter and Camaro Club of New Mexico in attendance.

Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #2
ZoMBiE_KMF
Camaro Club of NM

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, Sold: [COTW 2/20/12]
A lot of good pics. Awesome time this weekend definitely worth the call in.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #3
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Great pics!
Old 01-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #4
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoMBiE_KMF View Post
A lot of good pics. Awesome time this weekend definitely worth the call in.
It was such a dunntime and I'm glad that you cats came down for the day. Totally wished that you could've stayed for the night as a bunch of us still went and met at the brewery after the gas up. Maybe next time though. But let's start planning on the traveling itinerary for Camaro5Fest. The sooner we get this, the easier it is for everyone to start asking for time off and determining whether that will be able to attend or not, but we should totally dowe were thinking of and making Las Cruces the pit stop for the Wednesday night.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:48 AM   #5
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
looks like you all had fun, congrats on the gathering charlie
sucks couldn't attend
i will keep your friend on my prayers
Old 01-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #6
A.VEE.BEE
So Cold!

Drives: Summit White 2015 2SS
Old 02-02-2014, 01:18 PM   #7
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.VEE.BEE View Post
Thanks, it was a collection of many of the members who posted them on Facebook, their respective club forums and those who sent me them via text.