Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-26-2009, 02:04 PM   #57
gpholl53

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS Red Jewel
Anything worth having is worth waiting for.
You ordered the one you want for a reason.
gpholl53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:02 PM   #58
SamIyam

Drives: 2010 1SS
I have to believe too it'll be worth the wait... for the past two days, I've been logging onto the Chevy "build your own" clicking on Summit White and rotating that sucker around and staring at it... It's like watching water boil.

I ordered mine on Christmas Eve... went down with my family and my 91 year old grandma (who still drives) and put the $500 deposit down.

I ordered a summit white 1ss, automatic, black cloth interior, trunk mat, upgraded stereo and polished wheels. It's exactly the way I wanted it... not one option more, not one less. Funny story, I actually didn't originally order the polished wheels, then I logged on to this site and saw polished vs. un-polished wheels and called them back!

The only thing I'm not satisfied with is the dorsal fin on the top and the fact that you can't get a limited slip with the automatic.

Sam
SamIyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #59
Lazertoast

Drives: TORMENT - 2SS / M6 / Black on Black
I love that I ordered mine. It was made just for me. I was notified when it was born, when it boarded the train on the way home, and when it hit the lot. That this beautiful car was made just for me absolutely rocks.
Lazertoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:08 PM   #60
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIyam View Post
Funny story, I actually didn't originally order the polished wheels, then I logged on to this site and saw polished vs. un-polished wheels and called them back!
Funny thing is, I had originally ordered the polished instead of the Midnight Silver until I saw them on this site. I went back to the midnight silver!

I am probably going to have them powder coated at some point anyway.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #61
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Orderd mine last Tuesday evening and do not regret it a bit. I could have got one from Michigan but I just like the idea of ordering and tracking the car. Me and my 13 year old daughter just put in the tracking # so it will be fun for her and I watching the cars progress.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:49 PM   #62
SamIyam

Drives: 2010 1SS
What is the URL for entering the tracking #?

Too bad they didn't have a video camera of the production line!

Sam
SamIyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #63
tangorover

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Nothing compaires to Summit white or special ordering your Camaro. I waited a year to order exactly what I wanted and have G.M. build it for me.
Ordered 6/16 and in my driveway 8/21.
You car was the inspiration for my Stripes. I had decided on SW as the color from the beginning but when I saw you posts with the strips I knew I had to have them. I have actually to date not seen any IOM stripes in any so the stripes were a leap of faith.
I am going to stick with it. Your post made me realize that Its gonna be SW with IOM or nothing! So wait be damned!
tangorover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #64
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIyam View Post
What is the URL for entering the tracking #?

Too bad they didn't have a video camera of the production line!

Sam
camarotracking.com
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote