Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-25-2019, 11:35 PM   #15
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerdave1 View Post
Yeah I was a bit surprised about the oil around the threads however it looks worst in the photo then what it actually is. There was no oil sitting in the spark plug recess like I have seen on a quick internet search.. Who knows if the previous owner may have put a dab of oil on the threads to prevent seizing up... I hope that's all it was.

I installed the old plugs for the time being as I could not make up my mind on which plugs to buy. Local auto parts store gave me two options; NGK Iridium ($9/each) and NGK Ruthenium HX ($13.5/each)..

I assume the stock plugs are platinum so either would be an improvement I assume..

Any suggestions?
How many miles on your Camaro and how many miles on the plugs is what I'm wondering. If it runs fine now don't worry about it.
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:57 PM   #16
rangerdave1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
It has 52k miles, and runs great. Idles smooth, pulls hard. No smoke, no smells.
rangerdave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:34 AM   #17
Chris49066SS

Drives: 2010 SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerdave1 View Post
Yeah I was a bit surprised about the oil around the threads however it looks worst in the photo then what it actually is. There was no oil sitting in the spark plug recess like I have seen on a quick internet search.. Who knows if the previous owner may have put a dab of oil on the threads to prevent seizing up... I hope that's all it was.

I installed the old plugs for the time being as I could not make up my mind on which plugs to buy. Local auto parts store gave me two options; NGK Iridium ($9/each) and NGK Ruthenium HX ($13.5/each)..

I assume the stock plugs are platinum so either would be an improvement I assume..

Any suggestions?
The stock plugs are iridium
Chris49066SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 12:38 PM   #18
LsxDoctor
15 Year LS1Tech Member

Drives: 2010 ss 391ci LS3
Change those! Personally I run NGK TR6 or some cheap copper autolites, I change mine very often though. Given your mods I'd stick with OEM

GJDM
LsxDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote