Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-02-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
What to do next

So every Christmas I do a new larger mod and need a idea what to do this year. Looking for the best hp gain or acceleration. My mods are in my sig. Thought about high flow cats and a ported TB but not sure if thats worth it.
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:30 PM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
TB and high flow cats or catless downpipes, sure. I'd say get an air scoop for your intake too. (And probably a Magnaflow 11386 res x, goodness, ditch the stock cats and you're gonna be in drone town)
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:08 PM   #3
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
2nd the scoop.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:26 PM   #4
The camaro show

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
TB and high flow cats or catless downpipes, sure. I'd say get an air scoop for your intake too. (And probably a Magnaflow 11386 res x, goodness, ditch the stock cats and you're gonna be in drone town)
Whats the best brand for those?
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:01 PM   #5
DSX_Camaro

I dunno! I know Phastek has one, as do Rotofab and JRE I think.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
Old 12-02-2019, 04:33 PM   #6
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
Get a scoop and hi-flo cats. The cats will easily exceed all of your current performance mods combined. Get ready for fun...

Last edited by yzark99; 12-02-2019 at 04:43 PM. Reason: less contusion
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:41 PM   #7
The camaro show

would you guys recommend the solo Hi flo cats?
Old 12-02-2019, 05:17 PM   #8
DSX_Camaro

What kind of sound do you want? Do you like how your exhaust is now, with the sort of light rasp from having the H pipe (but with the stock resonators I presume)? The Solo HFCs have resonators on them so while you will gain some volume it will also eliminate most if not all of the rasp and maybe shift the tone deeper slightly. ARH HFCs will add rasp and volume, period. Performance equal. It's all about what you want.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:50 PM   #9
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Throttle controller.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:29 AM   #10
DSX_Camaro

He's Overkill tuned. Not needed.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:56 AM   #11
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

I'm quoting from my post when I installed them: The sound is much better. There is now a low-level burble under the great SOLO cat-back sound at start-up and idle. The car now growls at half-way down on the throttle pedal; where it used to take nearly flooring it to get the same effect.

YMMV: I have an auto, and Overkill tuned, and when I shift to M the sound doubles and gets raspy, and then changes into nasty ricer fart pipe if I floor it. I imagine with the MRT it will get even harsher since that cat-back has a different tone compared to the Solo version. In your case the Solo resonators may be necessary to prevent the rasping from annoying you too much.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:16 PM   #12
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzark99 View Post
...and then changes into nasty ricer fart pipe if I floor it.
Thats the opposite of any mod i want on my Camaro so i'd run away.
I've heard so many horrible V6 exhausts and it just plain gives Camaro owners a bad name.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:11 PM   #13
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

^ Simple solution, keep it in D and don't floor it if you use M. With the tranny tune, D is now like M was from the factory, and now M is even more aggressive. I use D 90% of the time, and there is no need to floor it as 1/2 pedal really threatens grip; especially when cornering. Probably due to OEM tires still on the car.

Last edited by yzark99; 12-05-2019 at 04:24 PM. Reason: spelingz
Old 12-10-2019, 12:32 PM   #14
The camaro show

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
What kind of sound do you want? Do you like how your exhaust is now, with the sort of light rasp from having the H pipe (but with the stock resonators I presume)? The Solo HFCs have resonators on them so while you will gain some volume it will also eliminate most if not all of the rasp and maybe shift the tone deeper slightly. ARH HFCs will add rasp and volume, period. Performance equal. It's all about what you want.
My goal would be performance, A little deeper tone would be nice though.