Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
chevyguy_72
EVIL SS

Drives: SIM '11 2SS/RS and '13 BD Avalanche
Camaro and droid bionic... Bluetooth issues...

I have the newest software(i think) DB DD (which still could be the issue since that is months old) My Bionic sounds absolutely horrible on bluetooth... Its almost like it still using the mic on the phone over the car mic when connected... If i put it under my leg i cant be heard at all by the other person... Its very choppy and distorted the rest of the time...

My old droid worked fine in there... also my work BB work crystal clear so it might be the software not compatible with the bionic or some weird setting on the bionic i havent found yet? Anyone else having issues? any ideas to help?
Thanks
Old 09-21-2011, 08:55 PM   #2
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
I just synced mine today, I have never used a car bluetooth so I can't compare, but it worked great for me.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
lots of Motorola phones have been experiencing bluetooth issues in the past couple years, not sure if it's the hardware by Motorola or the android software not cooperating. My guess is hardware since some phones seem to be fine.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
I'm having issues with my Verizon Thunderbolt. It shows private call on the screen, and will not connect over the cars system
Old 09-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #5
chevyguy_72
EVIL SS

Drives: SIM '11 2SS/RS and '13 BD Avalanche
Its really weird... i think they are leaving the phones noise canceling mic on when bluetooth is on which it shouldnt be.... cancels out everything you are saying... Just guessing because they tell you not to cover it or it will effect your normal call... does the same thing when i cover it on a bluetooth call...
Old 10-01-2011, 01:25 AM   #6
Mouchet

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I ran into this today with my Bionic. I removed it from the paired device list (as well as my old droid which I had neglected to delete before) re-added it and had 10 successful test calls in a row distortion free whereas before 9/10ths of the calls were distorted like you are describing. In between those 10 test calls I did disconnect (not unpaired) the phone and turned off the car entirely (including retained accessory) and then reconnected the phone case it had something to do with the way the phone was reconnecting.
Mouchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #7
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
I gave up trying to get my thunderbolt to work months ago. Ear piece FTW
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #8
Dion_1969

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS LS3
Send a message via Yahoo to Dion_1969
My Bionic works just fine for calls. Anyone able to get it to connect as a GPS so it will give directions over the car speakers?
Old 12-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #9
Big Top Gt
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2010 2SS/RS (LS3)
Send a message via AIM to Big Top Gt Send a message via Skype™ to Big Top Gt
My phone calls work, but I can't get it to work with streaming audio.

The GMusicConnect option never appears in my list.

The only thing I get is "General Motors", but that only shows as phone connectivity.

Am I doing something wrong here? I hate using the wire for music.
Big Top Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #10
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
My thunderbolt works great with my car. The only thing is my calls also show up as private. But it did the same with my old eris droid.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:15 AM   #11
insomniac2k2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM
You have to go into the setup menu and setup the streaming portion from there. Just follow the directions. Bluetooth streaming and phone controls work fine on my old Droid incredible and my HTC rezound.

After paired, you need to be in the aux in tab. Hit the select on the right nob and tell it to connect to your phone. Yes its a bit wonky.....

Sorry, I'm typing this off memory, but you will get the idea....

And yes, nav audio streams just like everything else when you are in the aux in mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Top Gt View Post
My phone calls work, but I can't get it to work with streaming audio.

The GMusicConnect option never appears in my list.

The only thing I get is "General Motors", but that only shows as phone connectivity.

Am I doing something wrong here? I hate using the wire for music.
insomniac2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:53 AM   #12
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
I have a Droid Bionic, and have had no issues with the Bluetooth connections. It took a couple of try's to get it to pair, after that, no issues

Phone sounds as good as any factory Bluetooth system, and had no problems pairing with the A2DP streaming audio through the AUX input. The audio sounds good to me.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:22 AM   #13
Big Top Gt
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2010 2SS/RS (LS3)
Send a message via AIM to Big Top Gt Send a message via Skype™ to Big Top Gt
Thanks guys. I'll mess with it again when I get home.
Big Top Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #14
drobbins2

Drives: '12 ss
I have a bionic (rooted) and it works fine over bluetooth for both phone and streaming audio (which is two different chips in the car). Make sure you give the car complete access when it requests it on the phone.

Also, try doing a battery pull on the phone just in case. As a side note, any 3rd party software you have installed on the phone can interfere with normal operation. For example, I had a ton of stuff installed, and a couple weeks ago it started not letting me receive incoming calls when I was on I was on a call already (screen would not turn on). So I uninstalled near 90% (I kept only stuff I KNOW I could trust) of all the 3rd party software I had installed (games, widgets, etc) and the problem disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguy_72 View Post
I have the newest software(i think) DB DD (which still could be the issue since that is months old) My Bionic sounds absolutely horrible on bluetooth... Its almost like it still using the mic on the phone over the car mic when connected... If i put it under my leg i cant be heard at all by the other person... Its very choppy and distorted the rest of the time...

My old droid worked fine in there... also my work BB work crystal clear so it might be the software not compatible with the bionic or some weird setting on the bionic i havent found yet? Anyone else having issues? any ideas to help?
Thanks
drobbins2 is offline   Reply With Quote