Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-09-2018, 05:40 PM   #15
Coleroad

Drives: 13 Camaro
Now I have a wind restrictor even when I need the backseat. It makes for even less buffeting with both than just having the windscreen alone. I've got a red led strip mounted under it, and hooked up to the brake lights. Still haven't decided if I want to do a etching on it. It's a very clean installation compared to the one you can purchase. Makes it look like it could have been factory installed. All for only $30.
Attached Images

Last edited by Coleroad; 06-09-2018 at 05:59 PM.
Coleroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:30 PM   #16
Coleroad

Decided to not do a etching on the wind restrictor. I instead used a 14-15 3rd brake light overlay.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2018, 09:31 PM   #17
ROKDWLR

Drives: 2015 Camero LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
Decided to not do a etching on the wind restrictor. I instead used a 14-15 3rd brake light overlay.
That looks very clean. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any pictures of how you mounted it?
ROKDWLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:48 PM   #18
Mr V

Drives: 2011 VR SS Vert
I purchased the OEM windscreen from another member on the forum. This one works much better than the windrestrictor. As others have stated, the windrestrictor is more for looks, does not do much for wind. I left my windrestrictor on and added the OEM one. We did over 500 miles with the top down last weekend and was surprised how well is works. Usually my wife's hair would blow forward and now it does not. Definitely would recommend to anyone looking to cut down on the wind. We could talk easily with the reduction in noise. Very easy to install. The little arms fold out and go in a slot next to the backseats kind of under the seatbelts. The two posts you see sticking out on the side are spring loaded and go into a hole in the side panel behind the seats. Mine already had the plugs removed so the previous owner must have had one. Part number is 92219688.
Attached Images

Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:51 PM   #19
Coleroad

Because I hate wiring, I was dragging my feet on do the led's. So now final finished product on the wind deflector project. Put the red led strip down, and hooked it up to the third brake light.
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2018, 08:32 PM   #20
ROKDWLR

Drives: 2015 Camero LT Convertible
Mr. V. Thank you for the info! Great feedback! I don't have those holes in my rear side panels but will add them. Coleroad. Thank you. You saved me hundreds.
ROKDWLR is offline   Reply With Quote