Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #99
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Thanks Dylan. I haven't read it all but I will.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:45 PM   #100
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@SCG View Post
So this thread sparked an interest in me to do some documenting of different towels for our forum. Its a long read, but anyone interested in some examples and up close documentation of various towel types have a look:

SCG Forums - a guide to microfiber
Excellent literature for the evening.

Loved how the camera didn't even like the cheap bulk towels.

Now this makes me interested to see what The Rag Company GSM is. I would calculate it myself but don't have a scale to weigh these on that would be accurate.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #101
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@SCG View Post
So this thread sparked an interest in me to do some documenting of different towels for our forum. Its a long read, but anyone interested in some examples and up close documentation of various towel types have a look:

SCG Forums - a guide to microfiber
Ok I read it and this is great info. Wonder if this could be make into a sticky for our forum. Probably reduce the confusion on microfiber towels.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:42 PM   #102
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
I am now corrected about the Costco micro fibers ,after inspecting my car out in bright sunlight and seeing very fine scratches . I have learned a lot on this site . So let us cut to the chase and get the right mircro fiber for job . What is the best ,and where can I get them for the best price ??????
Old 08-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #103
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
I am now corrected about the Costco micro fibers ,after inspecting my car out in bright sunlight and seeing very fine scratches . I have learned a lot on this site . So let us cut to the chase and get the right mircro fiber for job . What is the best ,and where can I get them for the best price ??????
Depends. What are we talking about? Drying? Buffing polish/wax/ sealant? Drying wheels? Door jambs/engines?
Old 08-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #104
GONIF

washing and Drying the paint
Old 08-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #105
shaggy2002

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS w RS 1LE
Seems that Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy is one that a lot of people reference for drying your car. That is the one I am going to purchase.
shaggy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #106
Wuiquen

Mmm washing I can't commend much. But I hear that microfiber Mitts or pads are great. Microfiber madness has some wash media that are amazing but cost more moola than normal. Drying I say drymecrazy from microfiber madness. Its soft and safe for clear coat. Car pro has it. Also absorbs water like crazy. Believe me, its the best towel I have ever used. One pass, all water gone and no streaks
Old 08-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #107
Wuiquen

Ohh and I just got meguiars wash mitt. Heard great reviews and it's 5 dollars in amazon.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #108
flyinlow89
Smoke Alotapotomous

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofast908z View Post

I often fix the work of guys who've detailed for 35+ years. Often means they're stuck in their old school ways and usually hack a car up. Probably was the s**t 35 years ago though.

This is exactly what I thought. Reminds me of my dad telling me how to clean my car when I was 15. Any soap was fine, if nothing's around dish soap works. Grab the sponge off the garage floor and the old chamois hanging from a nail on the wall....dry it then slap a good coat of turtle wax on the paint and some armor all on the dash. I would swear the paint was flawless. Now it would give me anxiety. Truth is people get stuck in their ways and detailing has come a long way in 35 years. Hell....even 5 years
Old 08-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #109
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy2002 View Post
Seems that Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy is one that a lot of people reference for drying your car. That is the one I am going to purchase.

I just used my new Dry Me Crazy towels today and I was blown away at how they work. There is no substitute, just buy them.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:44 PM   #110
GONIF

Ok ,I'm sold . Now is there sponsor on here that has a good price so I can buy some ?
Old 08-11-2014, 07:24 PM   #111
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
Ok ,I'm sold . Now is there sponsor on here that has a good price so I can buy some ?
Not a sponsor here but search for Car Pro USA. They have them
Old 08-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #112
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinlow89 View Post
This is exactly what I thought. Reminds me of my dad telling me how to clean my car when I was 15. Any soap was fine, if nothing's around dish soap works. Grab the sponge off the garage floor and the old chamois hanging from a nail on the wall....dry it then slap a good coat of turtle wax on the paint and some armor all on the dash. I would swear the paint was flawless. Now it would give me anxiety. Truth is people get stuck in their ways and detailing has come a long way in 35 years. Hell....even 5 years
Oh yea I forgot I am a idiot, yea I use my car wash sponge off the garage floor and Tide Detergent to wash my Camaro with and then follow it up with a good coating of Dupont No.7 (If you even know what that is)..Some of you guys are nothing but idiots and like to claim your know it alls....
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote