Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-24-2010, 12:45 AM   #71
Spiv
Why you gotta be hatin'?

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
They called me once as my trial came to an end. I told them that I hadn't had much time listening to it as I was using my Ipod. I told the lady that I had received the initial mai lthing (the one that has the channel lists). And that if I wanted the service I would set it up at a later date. Since it ended, I haven't received even a call or mail, no charges either.
Spiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:01 AM   #72
Trailbreaker77

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition
I called them last night to make sure a bill would not show up in the mail. I told them I only had the three month trial and it should have bee up in February but while I was out this weekend it was still working. I was told that it takes two weeks for my car to stop getting the signal and it should stop by next week. I made crystal clear that if a bill shows up my second call will not be as nice.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:48 AM   #73
MSG'

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro
I waited a month after the free trail ended, then answered thier call, I got it for half price
MSG' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:42 PM   #74
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My XM was just ON when i picked up my car. It went for 3 months, actually more like 4, then it stopped. I never talked to anyone at XM, never got a call from them. I've gotten one or two things in the snail mail and thats about it. I started using XM for a little while because I haven't gotten around to buying a new ipod yet (my old 3G doesn't work with USB). But after a few months you realize it's just another bunch of radio stations, that play a small set of songs over and over again. And the quality is not nearly as good as my iPod. I thought XM was supposed to be "CD Quality" sound. I'd called it marginally better than good FM.

OnStar on the other hand, I did have to set that up when I picked up the car. They tried hard to sell me minutes, all while I'm trying to drive my manual camaro in the snow, over to the gas station with my salesman. In a car that has bluetooth built in, onstar phone is the dumbest feature ever. But I did get the 1 year of free regular service, and I'll probably renew their emergency service when it comes up. But I don't think I gave them any credit card info either.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #75
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
I subbed for 6 months (I've had the car since June) because they sent me a pretty decent offer, and I honestly like XM. Thing is though, I need to save money now. So I call them and no one could assure me I wouldn't get charged again. Can you believe that? These guys are the shadiest mf'ers I've ever dealt with.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:06 PM   #76
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Oh you want sneaky?

My sister said XM called our house and she picked up. The lady kept insisting to talk to me but I wasn't home, so the lady asked my sister, "Oh, well then maybe you can approve the re-activation?"

Old 04-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #77
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I subbed for 6 months (I've had the car since June) because they sent me a pretty decent offer, and I honestly like XM. Thing is though, I need to save money now. So I call them and no one could assure me I wouldn't get charged again. Can you believe that? These guys are the shadiest mf'ers I've ever dealt with.
If they bill your CC, just call the CC and tell them you cancelled. Your CC will take care of it from there and you won't have to pay.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #78
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Forgot Baseball!!!! Go cubs......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogey View Post
Love it for college football, Formula 1 racing, Nascar etc. Couldn't live without it.
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:57 PM   #79
Patfan1987
CGM is the Best! Thx GM

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro, Auto + Sunroof
So i gave OnStar my Credit card # when i picked up the vehicle. Is that how XM gets your CC#? If so i cancel that card and got a new one so i think ill be ok.....

I havnt had a problem with XM before and i really like there programming. When i got my receiver stolen they transferred the remaining months to my dads account because i wasnt going to buy a new receiver since i was getting the Camaro in 6 months, so theve done good by me so far.

Proud Owner of a CGM 2 LT/RS Auto Transmission w/Sunroof and Spare Tire
Patfan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #80
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: 2015 Spice Red Metallic 2LTZ Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patfan1987 View Post
So i gave OnStar my Credit card # when i picked up the vehicle. Is that how XM gets your CC#? If so i cancel that card and got a new one so i think ill be ok.....

I havnt had a problem with XM before and i really like there programming. When i got my receiver stolen they transferred the remaining months to my dads account because i wasnt going to buy a new receiver since i was getting the Camaro in 6 months, so theve done good by me so far.
I believe if you look on the Onstar maintenance or your website to Onstar they have your XM radio ID number in the lower right corner. Its like that on mine.
Baldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #81
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patfan1987 View Post
Yes onstar shares all of your info with XM including CC number and phone number.

Quote:
With whom does OnStar share my information?

We may share the information we collect with our service providers so that they can provide services to us. This would include sharing your information with roadside assistance providers, emergency service providers, the police, our wireless service providers, credit card processors, data management companies and others as may be required, to deliver the OnStar services. We may also share information we collect about you or your car as required by law, or to protect our rights or property or the safety of you or others.

We may also share information we collect about you or your car with the following (this does not include the sharing of credit card information or of location or speed information as described in this statement):

* the maker of your car*; its subsidiaries, affiliates, a successor or an assignee of a significant part of your car maker’s or OnStar’s business, to enable it to evaluate the safety, quality and functionality of its cars, to contact you with important information about your car or for marketing purposes;
* your dealer, to assist it in servicing your car or for marketing purposes;
* your satellite radio provider and our wireless service providers, to enable them to contact you with important information about your satellite or wireless services or for marketing purposes;
* your fleet company, if you drive a car that is part of a fleet; and
* your rental company, if you drive a rental car.
When you sign the papers for the car do not put down your contact information and put down NA (not available) to prevent the salesman from putting it down for you. When you first activate Onstar, do not buy the extra minutes and do not give them your phone number, or tell them you don't have one, same applies for your e-mail address.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #82
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
They've done that to me on every car that i've owned i've simply thrown the notices away.. they cannot do anything about it.. and when i get a new car.. they try to sign me right the hell back up.. they are a jicky company and a worthless provider of radio.. its garbage.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #83
vsgls1

Drives: 07 GMC Sierra
Send a message via AIM to vsgls1
Beware!!!
I got the 5 months for $20 back in December. I gave them my debt card #. Since then, I got a new debit card in March, and they just billed my new debit card for $460 this past week. I called my bank and they said they debited it with the new debit card. I am disputing this charge as I never authorized it with the new card and getting a new debit card.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #84
Waco
Layla

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM/IO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Yes onstar shares all of your info with XM including CC number and phone number.

When you sign the papers for the car do not put down your contact information and put down NA (not available) to prevent the salesman from putting it down for you. When you first activate Onstar, do not buy the extra minutes and do not give them your phone number, or tell them you don't have one, same applies for your e-mail address.
My salesman, during the walkthru on the car, counseled me to NOT give my credit card number to the OnStar folks when we did the setup...so we did the initial setup and I didn't give them any info. Thank God for honest salesmen.
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote