Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 02-01-2017, 06:06 AM   #99
EFI Tuning

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Flex Fuel for the LT1/LT4 in the Corvettes and Camaros is purely an aftermarket endeavor. GM has not released a Flex Fuel vehicle on either of these platforms.
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:30 AM   #100
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
Flex Fuel for the LT1/LT4 in the Corvettes and Camaros is purely an aftermarket endeavor. GM has not released a Flex Fuel vehicle on either of these platforms.
Which is why I was suggesting 5.3 oem truck hardware since that's what someone with a 6.2 truck would use when converting to e85. I don't know what's involved to be honest and I suppoose if we're talking about specific sized fuel lines, that's of no help.
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:30 AM   #101
EFI Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
Which is why I was suggesting 5.3 oem truck hardware since that's what someone with a 6.2 truck would use when converting to e85. I don't know what's involved to be honest and I suppoose if we're talking about specific sized fuel lines, that's of no help.
The sensor is the same for all platforms whether it comes from the factory or installed aftermarket. Plumbing, wiring, and tune will range from mediocre to excellent.

Tim
Old 02-01-2017, 10:32 AM   #102
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
The sensor is the same for all platforms whether it comes from the factory or installed aftermarket. Plumbing, wiring, and tune will range from mediocre to excellent.

Tim
Guess I'm not explaining it well.

My only point - The 6.2 truck has the same motor and transmission as the camaro ss. The 6.2 truck can be converted to e85 using entirely oem gm parts plus a tune.

Does that mean you can those same oem gm parts to convert a camaro to e85, I have no idea. Just figured it might be looking into.
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:57 AM   #103
Extreme Dimensions

Drives: 2016 1ss Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS View Post
Sounds awesome.. Yours is a manual, we'll throw some camshaft in that bad boy ...
haha i got a quote last time i was there but still gotta save up some monies!
1-714-278-8000 EXT 17
andrew.bettridge@extremedimensions.com
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:39 AM   #104
Ryne @ CMS

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 06 C6 Z06, 15 Sierra
Quote:

My only point - The 6.2 truck has the same motor and transmission as the camaro ss. The 6.2 truck can be converted to e85 using entirely oem gm parts plus a tune.

Does that mean you can those same oem gm parts to convert a camaro to e85, I have no idea. Just figured it might be looking into.
Yes, we use an oem 14+ 5.3 truck flex sensor, we wire it into the same ecu pin
As a factory truck, and activate the flex fuel in the os just like gm does. Difference is we use the sensor more for performance use, therefore the calibration is optimized for maximum safe power on high contents of ethanol.
Ryne @ CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:01 PM   #105
EFI Tuning

Quote:

The trucks have a variant in the family to begin with so OEM parts can be leveraged. The cars do not have a variant to leverage like that so wiring and plumbing are custom. A proper performance tune involves more than just turning on the sensor and utilizing the table defaults. In addition a good tuner will keep your 93 octane tune from getting disrupted by the E85 tune and vice versa.

Tim
Old 02-01-2017, 12:22 PM   #106
Ryne @ CMS

Quote:
The trucks have a variant in the family to begin with so OEM parts can be leveraged. The cars do not have a variant to leverage like that so wiring and plumbing are custom. A proper performance tune involves more than just turning on the sensor and utilizing the table defaults. In addition a good tuner will keep your 93 octane tune from getting disrupted by the E85 tune and vice versa.

Tim
Hey bro, do everyone a favor and talk on your own post. I understand you know
How to flex fuel tune, so do I. However it looks incredibly desperate with you in here trolling our post with your constant banter.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:32 PM   #107
EFI Tuning

Hey bro I'm not trying to trounce on this thread nor am I commenting on your shop one bit. The average Joe doesn't have a clue about how any of this works nor what is possible and isn't possible. I could care less about trying to take your potential customers. What I do care about is helping people out. Some people keep giving out misinformation when they don't understand what they are talking about.

If you can tune then nothing I said should be a problem or a threat to you.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:36 PM   #108
Ryne @ CMS

Quote:
Hey bro I'm not trying to trounce on this thread nor am I commenting on your shop one bit. The average Joe doesn't have a clue about how any of this works nor what is possible and isn't possible. I could care less about trying to take your potential customers. What I do care about is helping people out. Some people keep giving out misinformation when they don't understand what they are talking about.

If you can tune then nothing I said should be a problem or a threat to you.
I've been in this industry for 12 years now, I know what you're trying to do, don't play coy. I literally just answered his question.
In addition you've already been called out earlier in the thread for the same thing. You're trolling for business plain and simple. It's incredibly unprofessional as well.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:53 PM   #109
ggaites

Drives: 2021 ZL1 6MT
Tim I appreciate your comments and feedback and to me they seem very knowledgable and insightful. You strike me as an expert, and very professional.

I got the same sense regarding the comment, and don't blame you for your response.

Forums are tough, especially for the experts. Arguing with marketing fluff and unrealistic expectations of the unlearned is often futile.

I'm an expert EFI tuner on Harley-Davidsons, and an expert engine builder, been in business 21 years, have had a dyno for 16. I stay out of the forums

I feel if I wanted an educated mature response to a tuning related inquiry regarding my SS I would be calling Tim...js
Old 07-04-2017, 08:44 AM   #110
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS View Post
Hey bro, do everyone a favor and talk on your own post.
I didn't know that posts are now owned.
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:21 PM   #111
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
I didn't know that posts are now owned.
Why would you revive a thread just to instigate further arguing? Not cool, bro.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:19 PM   #112
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Quote:

No it doesn't. The 6.2 is universal, it's able to be used across a lot of platforms. It does not mean that they are all the same. They're not.
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote