Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
I need help, fellow verters

Ok everyone,
I think I'm just TOO DAMN ADDICTED to this car! 14 months & 42,000 miles (about 37k with top down) and I still want to leave the building & drive it - even on my lunch break!

it's 85 today here in Jacksonville FL but it's about to start going down into the 30's in the morning & highs in the low 50's during the day. I can't help but get mad at the drop in temperatures. I mean, I'll drive it with the top down in the 50's, but the 30's is almost a little too low for me. Spring can't get here soon enough.....

I may have done the unthinkable - I thought about another car. I've been looking at that damn C7 Vette & I even set up a username & ID on the Corvette7 website. There's no way in HELL I can afford that car, but I want to keep reading about it. Is there any way I can be forgiven? Does anybody know of a good counselor that can help me change my ways so I don't look at that car anymore?

Thanks.....
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
BlueRay-J

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Convertible
Appreciating the new vette is not an issue, unless it diminishes your appreciation of your car. Since its not in the budget, I wouldn't spend a lot of time researching it or you may start to justify some sacrifices to make it attainable. Not worth it.
BlueRay-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Wow 42k I'm 14 months! You rock!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 ZL1 #213 M6 Black on Black
2013 ZL1 #2638 Convertible Auto
2010 Chevrolet Suburban
2011 GMC Seirra HD Denali
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:45 AM   #4
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
I may have done the unthinkable - I thought about another car. I've been looking at that damn C7 Vette & I even set up a username & ID on the Corvette7 website. There's no way in HELL I can afford that car, but I want to keep reading about it. Is there any way I can be forgiven? Does anybody know of a good counselor that can help me change my ways so I don't look at that car anymore?
I'm no help. I sold my '12 IBM Convertible (and two other new cars) and put the money in an escrow account for first-refusal on a C7 Stingray.
Flame on, peeps.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:24 AM   #5
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
I'm no help. I sold my '12 IBM Convertible (and two other new cars) and put the money in an escrow account for first-refusal on a C7 Stingray.
Flame on, peeps.
Did you lose much money selling your 12 IBM?
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:26 AM   #6
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Quote:
Ok everyone,
I think I'm just TOO DAMN ADDICTED to this car! 14 months & 42,000 miles (about 37k with top down) and I still want to leave the building & drive it - even on my lunch break!

it's 85 today here in Jacksonville FL but it's about to start going down into the 30's in the morning & highs in the low 50's during the day. I can't help but get mad at the drop in temperatures. I mean, I'll drive it with the top down in the 50's, but the 30's is almost a little too low for me. Spring can't get here soon enough.....

Thanks.....
Dont lust over what you cant afford! Enjoy what you have. At least you are in FL and can easily enjoy ot year round. Us northerers dont have that luxury!
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:51 AM   #7
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pincoin View Post
yes...I'm curious, what was the financial outcome of the sale? did you break even or lose money?
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #8
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
Flame on, peeps.
Hopefully one of them was that Chick car VW ragtop that came with the flower vase.......
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #9
Michael Rophone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincoin View Post
Quote:
yes...I'm curious, what was the financial outcome of the sale? did you break even or lose money?
Do bees buzz? Do fish swim?
Yup, lost $4k and some Hands-free-calling minutes with OnStar. No car to transfer them to.

I figure I would have spent at least $4k on a shrink if I had had all the problems I've read about here.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #10
Michael Rophone

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragtopguy View Post
Hopefully one of them was that Chick car VW ragtop that came with the flower vase.......
:tweetz::tweetz:
Old 02-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #11
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
Quote:

Thanks.....
This is how it started with me and the C5 Camaro. I'd just bought my Expedition when I laid my eyes on the Camaro. I knew i couldn't have it so the lust began. There was no way I could afford it. The Camaro eventually became the "other car" where my truck was concerned. It's perfectly okay to want the C7. You may get to a point in a few years that you can have both - it took me almost 4 years. Now it's having a blonde and a brunette, both are hot and do different things for you

BTW - The C7 is awesome, but not realistic for me as it is too low to the ground (I have back problems), so my Camaro and truck are safe
DFWHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #12
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
im still amazed with your mileage in 14 months. well done sir