Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 05-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
2 VR RS Camaros at Shottenkirk (Des Moines)

A guy I work with said he was at Shottenkirk Chevy this weekend and as he was leaving a truck pulled in with two victory red RS Camaros on the back. He didn't mention if they were LTs or SSs (I'm guessing LTs), I'm trying to get in touch with them now to see if they are test drive cars or not.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
isu_chevybowtie
Camaro dreamin'

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro LT RS M6
Have you found out any more on the cars that showed up at Shottenkirk? I wonder if one was their v6 for test drives and the other was for another store? Post the info when you have it!

Thanks!
isu_chevybowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
Brokinarrow

Got in contact with them yesterday, guess both cars were orders. They said they still don't have a test drive car in YET but should within a week or so. The dealer said he'd contact me when they got one in.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
Brokinarrow

Ok, Shottenkirk just called me today to say they have an UNSOLD V6 Camaro in now. Not sure if that means its a demo car or not, but either way I will be checking it out after work today. And yes, pictures will follow!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
Brokinarrow

Well, got to drive the V6 yesterday. It was a 1LT auto, VR with RS and convenience/connectivity package. They were asking 28,000 for it (sooo like 2k mark up or so, not too bad considering). The dealer I was talking to used to work at a Ford dealership down the road I guess, so he had us pull in there and show it off to some of his friends Driving the Camaro into a Ford dealership was priceless! Anyway, he was trying to sell it to me but I don't have the cash yet (plus I want a 2LT manual with sunroof and beige interior, so yeah) but the guy that came in after me was planning on buying it if I didn't I guess, so its all good. Yes, I have pics, will try to get them posted as soon as I get off of work today.

Another thing: Saw a black SS on the way to the dealership, and saw a yellow Camaro (only saw it from the back) on the way back home! These things are popping up everywhere! I think the black SS was from Shottenkirk, but I don't know where the yellow one was from.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
isu_chevybowtie
Camaro dreamin'

Cool! Good to hear you saw a couple of others out and about. I wish they were doing big things around here like in TX and other places....but Iowa is small time I guess.

Nice that you got to drive one. I think that set up is what other dealerships are getting as that was what they had at Karl. Last night I drove by George White here in Ames and looks like they just got their V6 car in. I hope I can get down to look at it and maybe drive too.

If you are around town on the 16th keep in mind that party at Bob Brown that I posted on one of the other threads in regional.

Thanks for the info!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #7
Brokinarrow

Oh, definitely, I have that marked on my calendar already lol! Do you know what time that is starting?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #8
isu_chevybowtie
Camaro dreamin'

I don't know yet. Looks like you have made the right move to check on the Mid Iowa Camaro Club website. Hopefully they will keep things up dated.

By the way speaking of that club, they usually host an all Camaro show in July usually at DMACC in Ankeny. So, keep checking their events listing for info when it comes up. I have been there in the past and they have had some pretty good turnouts.

The V6 I saw in Ames turned out to be sold. I guess it was supposed to be their car that dealers are getting but it was sold. A guy had one on order with a manual and decided he wanted this one...probably because he could have it now and not wait. I guess it worked out well for the dealership as the guy's buddy decided to buy the car on order. SO, sucks cause I wanted to get in and see it and check over better in person. OH well there will be more.

Did you check out the pictures from the big Houston deal today?? Would have been cool to see in person.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:19 AM   #9
Brokinarrow

Dude, I think I would have collapsed into an incoherent babbling mess if I saw that much awesomeness on the road at once!
Old 05-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #10
Brokinarrow

Pics

This is the 1LT/RS that I test drove.

Shortly after driving this I took the plunge: put in an order for 2LT/RS, Victory Red with Beige interior and a sunroof And now.... the waiting game -_-
Old 05-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #11
Brokinarrow

On another note, Shottenkirk sells these AT MSRP. The sales guy I worked with was really cool, as we were going through all the options and stuff I saw the dreaded 'front plate bracket'. He looked up and said 'We wont put it on, but we are required to order one... dont put it on...' To which I agreed with a helllll no!