Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 12-24-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
rauhaus camaro
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS with LS3
Barton Short Throw Shifter (Post-Installation)

Hi Dave,

I just wanted to let you know that the slight harmonic noise I experienced between 2nd and 3rd gear was because I did not properly and securely tighten the lower 1" jam nut that secures the shifter stick to the shifter assembly shaft. That was the reason I experienced the slight swivel in the grip and the resulting harmonic sound. What a difference that simple tightening adjustment made. Your shifter is extremely quiet now. I don't even hear any harmonics telegraphing whatsoever. FYI, I also installed the retro-styled "SS" billet ball shifter knob to see what it felt and looked like in the Camaro. The only issue I have is deciding on which one I like better. They are both very cool! Also, your kit is so flexible in height adjustment not to mention the ability to change the grip style on a whim. Absolutely so easy to install, especially changing back and forth from the pistol grip to the retro-styled cue ball. They are completely different looks but both very attractive in the vehicle. Your kit is of such great quality!

Last but not least - Thanks so very much for your patience with me. I cannot begin to express or tell you how much I appreciate your customer service! Merry Christmas to you! I wish you great success with your outstanding short-throw shifter product in 2010!

Sincerely,

Rich Rauh
rauhaus camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
Barton Industries

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Rich, glad to hear you got it worked out. I also switch back and forth between the ball and the pistol grip. They both have a very different feel...Its a tough call between the two.
Thanks for all the kind words and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.
Barton Industries is offline   Reply With Quote