Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
mp3 via usb getting 'stuck' on display.

I've read it's not a problem with the music but that the pdim needs updating, but there's more to it than that. It seems to happen consistently with certain songs.

I don't know if it's tag info, a corrupt file, a problem with that particular usb drive etc. Does anyone have a guide to making mp3s completely friendly to minimize this issue?

I have 30 or less songs per directory, 50 directories, all formatted in 192kbps mp3. I'm now going through and changing all tags to idv1 or whatever, as that should be the easiest to read in case that throws it off, but if anyone has any other tips, let me know.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Yes there is a problem with the PDIM and its a horrible bug. Up untill my accident, I was dealing with that bug on a daily basis.

It seemed for me that loading a mp3 from a directory with too many tracks triggered it or loading too large of a track (2hours+) and lastly using funny names for naming the mp3 files.

Find a dealership that knows how to change the PDIM and the problem will go away.

EDIT: I should also add that MP3 compression quality has a factor in this mess. The headunit seems to not like anything besides normal quality thou I've been able to play some voice and high quality mp3 tracks at 192-320kbps.

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:11 AM   #3
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
I found that files without ID3 tags would mess up the unit, I also found if the files had errors in them they would also cause the unit to lock up.

I've had a couple of bad USB memory sticks, so I'm probably going to stick with making Mp3 CD's as it plays in the order of the album and how I want it to play.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote