Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-10-2019, 05:54 PM   #1
XBumblebeeX

Drives: Yellow Camaro, black stripes LT RS
Carbon Fiber Interior Mod

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I upgraded my interior, but I never thought about writing a post here until now.

I chose DSV Customs because they were the best compared to my other options, specially considering most of them were hydro carbon instead of real carbon fiber. I believe nowadays they can be bought at Phastek Performance or at http://www.***********.com/dsv-customs

I am very happy with the results even considering it was done a while ago. I was able to install it myself with minimal damage and moderate work (about 3hrs).

I upgraded the seats too (mine came with cloth originally), and I ordered them from Katzkin. It can look really good if it's installed by a good professional - I wouldn't try to do it myself. It's the best upgrade I've done for the price it cost me.

Another addition was the older steering wheel (2010-2012), which looks so much nicer in my option, and it's just as comfortable as the newer one. This was a complicated mod because I also had to buy a different airbag and an expensive installation through the dealer. Later I sold my undeployed airbag for about $600 and the new one was $800. The older (but brand new) steering wheel cost me +/- 250 and I sold my used one for 100 ish. Net cost of about $450 with installation, totally worth it.

Also, I got the "Super Sport" script door kick plates, they're stainless steel with a nice brushed finish.

And last but not least, the Lloyd premium floor mats. They might be invisible for some people but it was definitely a big upgrade when compared to the older ones. Extremely durable and they feel very soft even when wearing shoes. Including the rear and trunk mats (with a nice Camaro racing logo), it cost me $440.
Attached Images

XBumblebeeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:40 AM   #2
nateboussad

Drives: camaro, golf GTI
try subaru's spt website they have the cf accents there and among other vendors

Dafont Showbox Adam4adam

Last edited by nateboussad; 08-19-2019 at 05:54 AM.
nateboussad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carbon, carbon fiber, fiber, interior, upgrade