Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: mandatory high performance driving course for sports car owners ,& drivers
No anyone can drive any car without training 114 69.94%
Yes All drivers should have to take a high performance driving class to drive 18 11.04%
yes but only the owners at time of purchase 6 3.68%
It should just be offered,but the cost is still figured into the cost of the car. 25 15.34%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2014, 07:21 AM   #57
TripleBlkZL1

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10 & 18 2500HD Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
Right! I thought this crap would be over by now, one day there was 7 he started on the 1st page!
Yeah I remember seeing that

2018 2500HD Duramax
TripleBlkZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #58
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
We need this.
Cars are way too safe nowadays, we need a way to weed out the morons, hopefully before they produce little morons.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:37 AM   #59
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
Very simple: if you understand and can comprehend physics, you have a hell of a lot better chance of staying alive and keeping your car nice. I think if you are involved in an accident (at fault) or caught speeding too many time, then yes, a course is needed. otherwise, let everybody be their own governors. I am only 20, and guarantee I can drive better than 90% of the people in my city. Knowing what will happen before you do something is #1 priority. followed by knowing your surroundings, and fully understanding consequences of all of your actions.

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:42 AM   #60
southview

Drives: 08 tahoe, 50 merc
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
Right! I thought this crap would be over by now, one day there was 7 he started on the 1st page!
and he(Gen=5) commented on one of my threads" Right,what is the point of this,it would not matter what anyone else payed,unless we all lived in the same ZIP,and had the same limits....With the same records...."
but he starts these great threads! back at ya!
southview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #61
Sp00ner

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
We should also do away with driver's licenses, they impinge on mah freedomz.
Sp00ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:52 AM   #62
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
really, there should be a law that enforces mandatory reflex and inteligent rational decision making.
Get rid of atleast half of the current population of drivers, make them take public transportation.
What would this accomplish?
First, traffic would be greatly reduced. Emissions and oil consumption would go down.
Public transportation quality would go up.
See? I solved the problem of redtardicon drivers, the traffic congestion nightmare, and reduced greenhouse gas and carbon footprinting.
I nominate myself for king of the universe.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #63
PNYSLAR
Summit White 2012 ZL1 M6

Drives: 2010 BLACK 2SS/RS M6 Delvd 8/24/9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM....ZL1 View Post
Sounds just like Obamacare to me...
Having the government making choices for me again.
Amen
2012 Summit White ZL1 Manual 6sp Blk 10 spoke, "Thanks Champion Chevrolet" delivered 6/9/2012 #1588
PNYSLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #64
newzl1

Drives: 2013 zl1
we already have a law that douse that its called a speed limit in my state its 70 were is the 200 mph speed limit i want to move there
newzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:08 AM   #65
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
I love it,,(this is for those who made the rube comments)Threads like this bring out all the jack a$$'S of the world,and those that think that there kids will never do wrong,and everything is perfect in the world....,When you or your kids are dead,or after those that are still young and haven't had kids yet that are driving these cars that think because your car has nanny's that your safe. KNOW THIS the last thing your wife/kids or parents will say is while did he or she ever buy that car as they look over either your dead a$$ or your cripple a$$ on life support you will understand what i am getting at.

Until then,go visit a rehab center and talk to to those parents,kids and family members who have either been though what i have seen while there. So those that posted the rude comments, can all take your rude comments and all KISS MY CRIPPLE A$$ and PHUCK OFF !!!!

I never understood why people choose to be rube,instead of just giving there opinion as a adult,but i guess we know who the bully's were in high school or just the spoiled brats that follow each other like sheep......

At least some of those understand that training should at least be offered.

I agree that it may not have to be a law but at least there should be some sort of training given with these type of cars,(as did 25% of those polled here)as even the smartest person,that is untrained will fine himself in a position he can not correct unless they either having the training to do so,its not always about being a dumb A$$.Thats just acting like your smarter or better than everyone else....
I as said before drove for a living at one time,and still got training to improve my skills,although i did not do it for use on the street,they still apply !!!!

Last edited by gen=5; 04-11-2014 at 11:08 AM.
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #66
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Stupid is as stupid does, you cannot teach common sense or remove stupid. It is all attitude.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #67
gen=5

OH OBAMA CARE is the biggest load of crap,that not only may increase our cost of insurance,but it is killing the benefits that those on medicare need just to make it through the day,but no one seems to be walking out on the streets caring signs about how those too old to walk,cant even get new wheelchairs or beds to care for bedsores.
How they cant get rehab at home any longer or medical supplies they need for daily routine care...etc etc...yes OBAMA CARE IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE THIS COUNTRY HAS MADE IN A LONG TIME...
But it is nothing like passing a law that says driver training should offered to those purchasing cars that are way beyond there understanding of basic driving skills...
Old 04-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #68
gen=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Stupid is as stupid does, you cannot teach common sense or remove stupid. It is all attitude.
Its not about being stupid,its about teaching people to drive a car most can not handle..... I have seen CEO's that thought they knew everything look like complete losers the first time they hit a real road course with their little corvette they drive to work everyday,and a helmet in the backseat they use at the local drag strip to get their rocks off...
Hell even the best drivers in the world go to driving schools to improve their driving skills.How many schools do you think jeff gordon has gone to over the yrs ????? The smart one get driver training.............
ANYWAY the great thing is that this is AMERICA the greatest country in the world,and we have lots of choices what to do with our life !!!!!! peace brother...
Old 04-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #69
punkindave
The Great Punkin

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
I would support graduated licensing for motorcycles (as it is in Europe) but not cars.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:06 PM   #70
mylftft

Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Dude! Relax, breathe, take your meds, it'll all go away soon!