Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #71
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
since fighters have advanced hud systems with complex computers and inputs that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. i think you are gonna have to settle
The problem is too many people standing in the way saying "it cant be done". If you are going to make a glass screen + a digital hookup to the ECM display various data with the flip of a button theres no reason you cant have all the data display at the same time -- you are already investing the time / effort / technology - you simply need to make that feature an option and make it a good option. The lines on the screen illustrating the speed + the MPH reading might be a little futuristic, but would make the HUD way more worth the money they are going to charge for such an option.

Here is the Corvette HUD as of 2006:
Old 04-18-2010, 11:04 PM   #72
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by black34v6 View Post
i think you think way too much of technology. I'm not saying it "has" to be EXACTLY like the jet fighter.

Here is the Corvette HUD as of 2006:
Looks like the Camaro one will look similar so whats your beef? In fact it looks like the Camaro will offer more.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:16 PM   #73
WCFB-Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Looks like the Camaro one will look similar so whats your beef? In fact it looks like the Camaro will offer more.
It's not "beef" - its a opinion.
(Not trying to hate or flame or anything - i'm not that kind of guy)

The video only shows some info, even if its everything they say it'll have, that's not the issue. The issue is that the information appears to be user controlled -- in other words it displays certain things but only if you push a button to switch between them, thus introducing distraction while driving.

I think this is a good start but, it would be safer if GM just displayed all of the information at once - in one place - that isn't in the absolute center of the drivers vision - that you have to stare past - but rather on the outside corners, and was designed a little better graphically in terms of appearance. I think its a good concept, just the execution is lacking
Old 04-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #74
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
It's not "beef" - its a opinion.
(Not trying to hate or flame or anything - i'm not that kind of guy)

The video only shows some info, even if its everything they say it'll have, that's not the issue. The issue is that the information appears to be user controlled -- in other words it displays certain things but only if you push a button to switch between them, thus introducing distraction while driving.

I think this is a good start but, it would be safer if GM just displayed all of the information at once - in one place - that isn't in the absolute center of the drivers vision - that you have to stare past - but rather on the outside corners, and was designed a little better graphically in terms of appearance. I think its a good concept, just the execution is lacking
ah gotcha no problem with an opinion or a beef, LOL I was sorry if it came across wrong (I can see why) I just was curious what you saw that was different. I bet you can control what is seen on a single screen. But I guess time will tell.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:45 PM   #75
WCFB-Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
ah gotcha no problem with an opinion or a beef, LOL I was sorry if it came across wrong (I can see why) I just was curious what you saw that was different. I bet you can control what is seen on a single screen. But I guess time will tell.
If they design it so that one of the options is to display all the info at once without pushing buttons i would be all over this! like you said, only time will tell and all we can do is hope!

cheers!

-R
Old 04-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #76
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Does the Camaro H.U.D. system have the G-meter like the 'vette's ?
Old 04-18-2010, 11:56 PM   #77
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
might look distracting... but trust me.. once you get used to HUD you feel something is missing without it.. makes driving much easier.

no need to look down..
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:04 AM   #79
WCFB-Russ

nice. that one shows a lot more info - its really tightly clustered together though and would be better if it could be spread out -- might have to start thinking on how to make my own H.U.D lol...

thx for the vid!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:09 AM   #80
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13 View Post
i want it like this

Where can I get one like that?? I would spend a couple thousand for that.. It would be useful at night.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:19 AM   #81
WCFB-Russ

Quote:
nice. that one shows a lot more info - its really tightly clustered together though and would be better if it could be spread out -- might have to start thinking on how to make my own H.U.D lol...

thx for the vid!
im thinking more like this, but without the "car identifier" crap.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:39 AM   #82
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Cool... Doesn't look quite as clean as the Vette's, but still cool

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:41 AM   #83
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
It was reading 6 mph at a full stop... Plus, major battery killer. Don't think I could be comfortable driving around always worrying that my phone was going to slide out the window...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:43 AM   #84
2SSmeCamaro
Delete this account

Drives: Delete this account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
I found the car that drove up more interesting than the HUD.

Oh well, if it comes with it then it comes with it.
+1
2SSmeCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote