Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #1
ben3350

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM
SLP Loudmouth Axle-back 1 vs Ark N-II Catback

Yes, I know this is kind of a weird comparison.

The SLP Loudmouth is an axle-back system and around 400 bucks

The N-II on the other hand is a catback but more around 1200-1400.

Huge Price difference.

I'm been looking alot on youtube and forums, and I was trying to figure out which is louder and which is more value for the money.

I"m wanting to get a new exhaust. I can afford the Ark, but if I get the SLP, I'll have more money left over for other mods (mostly cosmetic by the way, I have an Airaid CAI, the most I'll probably do after that performance wise are headers somewhere long down the road).

What I'm looking for is a good clean sound, and pretty much the louder the better in my opinion. But I want the combo of loud and quality sound. I can forgive a little drone, I am young and thats what my sound system is for, but I don't want it to be ridiculous.

What I'm really asking about is, is there a big enough difference between the exhausts in sound that I'm missing out on? Both have great sounding clips on youtube. But honestly a youtube video only shows so much even with good headphones. My main goal here is good sound, horsepower gains and whatnot are nice but not my main focus.

Is it worth shelling out the extra dough for the Ark exhaust? It's a pretty big price difference and both exhausts seem to sound pretty good to me so I'm trying to justify the price difference. I want to unleash the beast as much as possible on my v6. Which one would be louder/as well as have a better sound?

These 2 exhausts are pretty much the 2 I'm looking at right now, so you are welcome to suggest a different brand, but I'm pretty much deadset on either of the 2.
ben3350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:36 AM   #2
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
SLP Loudmouth I is a simple muffler delete... there are less expensive ways to do that...

Also, i would say the majority of the people who have tried a muffler delete end up not liking it.... sounds great at start up, rev and idle... but after that it's not so good, IMHO...

I think a better choice than the muffler delete would be a MRT Ver. 1.0 axle back... give you the aggressiveness of a muffler delete but helps eliminate the not so good sounds of the muffler delete...

There are a few though that do like there muffler delete...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
I agree what the above said. The SLP is expensive for what it is. You could have it done at a shop for half the price. I'm not a fan of the muffler delete on the v6. Gives it a not so nice sound in my opinion. If you want a nicely composed loud exhaust I would recommend to look into the MRT V1. I have the V2 and love it but the V1 is louder at idel.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #4
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Mrt is the way to go. I have the mrt v2 and love the sound and so don't most that have herd my car.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #5
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Get the ARK N2. You won't regret it. If you go the other way, you will alway have doubts and may end up just going with the N2 anyway.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #6
ben3350

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Mrt is the way to go. I have the mrt v2 and love the sound and so don't most that have herd my car.
I was considering the MRT but I just don't think its loud enough for me. I want a really major sound difference.
ben3350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:49 AM   #7
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3350 View Post
I was considering the MRT but I just don't think its loud enough for me. I want a really major sound difference.
Ok... rear cat delete (leaving the larger front cat in place), resonator delete and MRT Ver 2:

scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:37 AM   #8
justcansin

Drives: camaro
yeah,me too,considering the MRT but just don't think its loud enough for me. I want a really major sound difference.
justcansin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #9
ARK Performance

Drives: Corvette C7
Most people seem to really like our DT-S exhaust system mated with other headers. The N-II will be louder and more aggressive than the DT-S. The N-II will sound pretty nice with headers as well. We also aim at reducing as much drone as possible with our exhaust systems.
If you need any more information or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
ARK Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #10
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
ive got the loudmouth 1. When I start it, it rumbles the house (cause my garage is attached to my basement) and I absolutely love it. It is the loudest of them all.

with that said, if you dont like drone in sixth gear going 65 mph, then do not get them. I have subs and ive upgraded my head unit so when I have my music on, I dont hear anything else.

heres one of the best vids of the LM1 at highway speeds.

It doesnt sound that raspy in person imho. Maybe mine is just deeper. If you end up not liking it, you can get a resonated x pipe installed and itll turn the note down quite a bit and you will probably like it then if the LM1 was too loud for you.

P.S. I found mine on craigslist for 200 bucks so I got lucky and to be honest, I probably wouldnt have gotten them if they were $400. You CAN go to any old shop that does this kind of stuff and they will just installed straight pipes for you for a much cheaper price. If I remember correctly, one person got the straight pipes job done for less than $100.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:09 AM   #11
416Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
SLP Loudmouth I is a simple muffler delete... there are less expensive ways to do that...

Also, i would say the majority of the people who have tried a muffler delete end up not liking it.... sounds great at start up, rev and idle... but after that it's not so good, IMHO...

I think a better choice than the muffler delete would be a MRT Ver. 1.0 axle back... give you the aggressiveness of a muffler delete but helps eliminate the not so good sounds of the muffler delete...

There are a few though that do like there muffler delete...
HIGHLY AGREE^^^ dont bother with slp 1 your just getting a straight pipe which any local garage with at least five years experience can make for this vehicle.
416Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:24 AM   #12
416Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Ok... rear cat delete (leaving the larger front cat in place), resonator delete and MRT Ver 2:

this is beast... I like the sound not sure what "front cat" your talking about by the headers?? please show me .
Attached Images

416Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote