Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 03-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #4957
alexpdbz

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM M6 2SS
Do you guys know where I could get a tune for a 4th Gen? Just had the engine rebuilt, slapped on some heads, intake manifold, cam and headers.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #4958
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
I've been meaning to take a look into those magentic oil plugs to collect metal shavings in the oil. I know that some will always say that it makes no difference, but for $10-$15 for one, that doesn't sound like a bad deal to eliminate at least 15%-30% of that junk from recirculating in my engine.
Those magnetic plugs are pretty amazing at what they pick up, you will see some difference now, but when I was still breaking the car in, I changed my plug to a magnetic one when I did the 500 mile oil change and it was amazing the amount of metal it picked up. Now I see a little build up on it, but I also try to change my oil every 3k miles.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #4959
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.Mean View Post
im sure ill be able to make it to this ill try and get my dad to come with me in his ss and me in my ss and ill try and get ppl around my area to go also i hope to see you guys there
HELL YEAH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpdbz View Post
Do you guys know where I could get a tune for a 4th Gen? Just had the engine rebuilt, slapped on some heads, intake manifold, cam and headers.
Hey there Alex, so I did some asking around and was recommended by one of my buddies, Mike, him and his group run nothing 4th Gen F-bods, and he highly suggests that you take your car to Texas Speed in Lubbock, Texas. They'll be able to tune and dyno your car until it's running to its best potential with the setup that you have. I have heard nothing but good things about Texas Speed as another group of friends of ours here in Las Cruces have taken their new age muscle to Texas Speed and both these guys and Mike and his group are runnning amazing numbers and performance on the tracks. I would not look at anything around EP or Las Cruces.

Last edited by Char1ieone; 03-08-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #4960
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

EVENTS: Month of March

Hey there everyone, well it's that time where we are able to bring out the Camaros and show them off and enjoy the ....errrrr...warm "dusty" weather. Hahaha! There are a slew of events and gatherings that are taking place for the month of March as well as out BIG event that is currently being planned for the month of June, so there should be no excuse that everybody can't at least make one of these. Here's the list of events.

Caffeine & Octane
Saturday, March 9th, 2013
Coronado Shopping Center (Corner of Sunland Park and Mesa),El Paso, TX

Hey everyone, Louis had informed me that this coming Saturday, March 9th, from 9AM - 11am will be a Cars and Coffee type gathering called Caffeine & Octane at the Coronado Shopping Center on the corner of Sunland Park and Mesa at the Starbucks Coffee. It's open to all types and enthusiasts and me and Louis have wanted to attend this, so we're posting this ip here to see if anyone else would like to join us this Saturday morning for the event and grab some Fudruckers for lunch afterwards? We can either all meet at the Rudolph Chevrolet for those on the west side of the mountains and drive out there or just meet up at the Starbucks.

Members Joining:
Viper1cobra (EP)
char1ieone (LC)
Anna (LC)
2013_1LE (EP)
danvillekidd (Alamogordo)

Mid-Month Camaro Gathering
Saturday, March 16th, 2013
Farley's at Las Cruces, NM

Just about every 2nd Saturday of the month, Camaro5 and other owners of Camaros, and even Corvettes, gather at Farley's in Las Cruces to talk shop, see each other's cars and have some good food. Farley's blocks off parking for us to use so no outside mini vans, grandma Cadillacs, or wide SUVs park next to us and possibly do some harm to the cars, you know what I am talking about. We get the patio and enjoy the day. Afterwards we will all cruise to Caliche's out on Valley for some Ice Cream and more chillaxin.

Everyone that wishes to attend this event MUST contact myself(char1ieone) or Genny (Lil_One) and notify if you will joing us so we can have a space saved for you because sometimes we will have 16 spots reserved and have an additional 10 Camaros show up without them to park.

Members Joining:
LIL_ONE (LC)
char1ieone (LC)
Don (LC)
K1SSRSS (LC)
White_Lightning (EP)
Suzie (LC)

2013 Wheels of Dreams Car Show
Saturday, March 23rd, 2013
Field of Dreams Football Field at Las Cruces, NM

The Wheels f Dreams Car Show has been put together and hosted by The Las Cruces Rodrunners and every year it just keeps getting bigger. Pat (SSRS2010), one of our members here with Camaro5 EP/LC, is president of the Roadrunners and has been in charge of the show for quite a while, and it's such a spectacle to see, if you haven't done so already. I think it would be great for us to finally be a part of this event, not only to represent the only Camaro Club in the area, but to also help in bringing awareness and proceeds to youth organizations and charities throughout the surrounding area. Pre-Registration is $25 before the show and $35 the day of. Awards will be presented for the event, and vendors are available for food and such.

It would be great if we could get a good amount of us together at the beginning to park all together as a group and showcase not only the 5th Gens, but if any of us have prior generation Camaros, to bring those out to show our enthusiasm for everything Camaro. I'm only using this as an example, but imagine, Pedro bringing his ZL1, Louis his 1LE, Daniel bringing his TF Edition, Eric both the '68 and matching '10, Don and Genny showcasing the vibrant colors, Mike with The 2010 Beast and his Blue 1st Gen, PJ with his '78 Z28, Chris and his 35th Anniversary, etc. I am talking with Pat to see what our limitations are or may be with setup and displays, but I think that it would be great to have 2 canopies for us to relax under and have the cars next to us on both side and the back.

I have provided the flyer and registration on the bottom, so take a look at it and let me know if you would be interested in joing me for this event. The sooner we plan for this, the better our setup can be and the more the day will bring. I will also set up dinner arrangements for us to eat at when the event is over. So what do you say folks?!

Members Joining:
char1ieone (LC)
2010SSRS (LC)
rrubio (EP)
MR.MEAN (Silver City)
Vipercobra1 (EP)

DeansList.US Track Day
Friday, March 29th, 2013
Aroyo Seco in Akela Flats, NM (close to Deming)

The event is a track day out at Aroyo Seco near Deming, NM. It costs $100 to partake in the event, but with the $100 purchase you will get a FREE members hip to the organization where the next track day events will only run you $40. You will see and drive alongside of Ferarris, Porsches, Mustangs and such. The event begins at 9am, and I would highly suggest that anyone that is looking into this to report at 8:30am just to be safe. Lunch will be provided by the event organizers and you will run in groups based on your class. This sounds like a great thing to be a part of, especially if you are looking into getting into track racing or exhibitions.

Last edited by Char1ieone; 03-12-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #4961
rrubio

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
Hey I'm from EP
Old 03-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #4962
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrubio View Post
Hey I'm from EP
whoops!...
Old 03-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #4963
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
Did you see the one for May that also includes instructors (DeansList.US)? Might need to go to the Mar event so I can become a member to go to the one in May.
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #4964
RobertHarriSS

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
I'm sure we can find you a spare set of wheels and tires somewhere that you can barrow.
I've got a set of stock SS wheels & tires sitting in my garage. The rubber still has plenty of life too. Anyone is welcome to borrow one or all four. Charlie has my number. Give me a call or shoot me a txt and I'll hook you up.
RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #4965
alexpdbz

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM M6 2SS
Quote:
HELL YEAH!!!

Hey there Alex, so I did some asking around and was recommended by one of my buddies, Mike, him and his group run nothing 4th Gen F-bods, and he highly suggests that you take your car to Texas Speed in Lubbock, Texas. They'll be able to tune and dyno your car until it's running to its best potential with the setup that you have. I have heard nothing but good things about Texas Speed as another group of friends of ours here in Las Cruces have taken their new age muscle to Texas Speed and both these guys and Mike and his group are runnning amazing numbers and performance on the tracks. I would not look at anything around EP or Las Cruces.
I don't think I'd be able to get it all the way out there to get it dyno tuned. What do you think about having the pcm sent over, or maybe them sending over a tune using a programmer based on my modifications? I'm not really sure how well that would work, but it may just be my best option right now.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #4966
Aguilar

Drives: 02 Z06
Quote:
Unfortunately this is a long drive, but it has been what I've been recommended as well.
Aguilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #4967
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpdbz View Post
I don't think I'd be able to get it all the way out there to get it dyno tuned. What do you think about having the pcm sent over, or maybe them sending over a tune using a programmer based on my modifications? I'm not really sure how well that would work, but it may just be my best option right now.
Maybe another option would to get into contact with Ivan from Southwest Speed out in the ABQ. He may know of places out there, but I would agree with the folks that have made recommendations for Texas Speed, don't get one done in this area. It's kinda like me and a paint job, I'll only take my vehicles to Phoenix cause they know what they are doing out there.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #4968
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
Quote:
Maybe another option would to get into contact with Ivan from Southwest Speed out in the ABQ. He may know of places out there, but I would agree with the folks that have made recommendations for Texas Speed, don't get one done in this area. It's kinda like me and a paint job, I'll only take my vehicles to Phoenix cause they know what they are doing out there.
So, are you saying I need to take mine to Phoenix?
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #4969
rrubio

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
hey charlie, did you guys get some pics of the coffee and octane thing?
Old 03-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #4970
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

So the Caffeine & Octane gig was a good time. Other than the cold, the weather was actually pretty damn nice. Was able to enjoy the gathering with Louis, Eric & Dawn, and Greg & Shelly. Louis brought out his 2013 1LE whcih was killer, and there was quite an array of Shelby 500s that came. A Lamborghini, a few 1st Gen Camaros, and a couple of corvettes and Bel-Airs were a few of the cars that came out. I will difinitely come out to the next one next month! Here's a couple of picture that I took at Caffeine & Octane this morning. Enjoy!

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001