Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #15
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I think your lucky they missed the quarter panel because that would have made things significantly more expensive
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #16
NewbieDIYer

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Blue Ray Metallic
Yea if this HAD to happen I'm glad it was only on the bumper. Yea it does look silver, so I'll have to look Monday at all the cars. I just don't get it. I work at a smaller facility. Everyone knows each other. And everyone knows me as the guy with the new camaro And I've been there 6 years and know almost everyone personally. Damn this is gonna be tough if I find out who it was.
NewbieDIYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:10 PM   #17
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
I hope everything goes well for you! Sometimes metallic paint can be very hard to match.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #18
Ret Fuzz
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro
If its metallic its 3 stage no?
Ret Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:50 PM   #19
infernostripes!

Drives: 2010 1ssrs
I have a ding on my car that needs to be fixed as well. My friend from back home owns a shop and told me it was stage 2. Anyways I took to a body shop here in houston and the guy wanted to charge me for a stage 3. I told him it was a 2, and he looked it up and said I was right lol I have inferno orange metallic. Could be different for you.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #20
NewbieDIYer

UPDATE:
So I checked the cameras and of course with my luck, I couldn't see anything. We have two cameras, one on each end of the parking lot. I always park at the furthest end of the lot, right by camera number 2. Well, apparently that camera is tilted too high up to catch the last couple spots, which is right where I park. The first camera is about 30-40 spots away so it's too far to see my car clearly. All in all, in basically shit outta luck. With that being said, does anyone in the Chicago area recommend a body shop that does good work? I really want to be sure that my metallic paint blends perfectly. I really don't want to get caught up in the not matching bumper and repainting fiasco. I know metallic paint can be tricky so I'm willing to pay for perfection.
Thanks a lot for all the replies
Old 03-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #21
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieDIYer View Post
Yea if this HAD to happen I'm glad it was only on the bumper. Yea it does look silver, so I'll have to look Monday at all the cars. I just don't get it. I work at a smaller facility. Everyone knows each other. And everyone knows me as the guy with the new camaro And I've been there 6 years and know almost everyone personally. Damn this is gonna be tough if I find out who it was.
eeeekkk ...

good luck... sucks that it happened... same thing here the folks here at work know that I super careful with my car... 5 months and aside from rock dings in the front fascia the car is in perfect condition... very very little swirling. ( that was taken care of this weekend after 4 ours of detailing but if someone was to bump my car they might as well quit!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #22
NewbieDIYer

Update:
Checked the cameras here at work, and of course, my car is out of view. I park at the end of the parking lot (obviously) and our "second camera" doesn't actually work. So I thought I was parking next to a camera, when actually the nearest camera is at the front door ~200ft away. So basically I'm SOL. Got quoted $900 to replace bumper and repaint. Thank you all for the responses! And make sure the cameras in your parking lot work!
Old 03-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #23
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
ha I would start walking the lot trying to find black paint on any of the bumpers there!
Old 03-28-2014, 07:12 PM   #24
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
Is the bumper torn at all? or have any holes in it? if not, there probably isn't a need to replace the bumper. They should be able to heat and re-form the bumper to get it roughed out and use minimal filler/ primer to smooth it out good as new. The blue ray metallic is not a 3 stage paint, and it isn't a real difficult color to match. $900 doesn't seam too bad as long as that is including a genuine GM rear bumper cover and not some aftermarket reproduction one.
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:44 PM   #25
NewbieDIYer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
Is the bumper torn at all? or have any holes in it? if not, there probably isn't a need to replace the bumper. They should be able to heat and re-form the bumper to get it roughed out and use minimal filler/ primer to smooth it out good as new. The blue ray metallic is not a 3 stage paint, and it isn't a real difficult color to match. $900 doesn't seam too bad as long as that is including a genuine GM rear bumper cover and not some aftermarket reproduction one.
Actually BRM is a 3stage paint job. And yea it's actually a body shop certified thru the dealer I bought the car from. So it's all GM parts and still covered under my paint job added warrantee

And the bumper is dented but not broken. They said they could reform it, but I think they quoted me like 100$ less, so for that, I'll just take the whole new bumper lol