Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Negative Camber

Hey everyone,

I tried searching for an answer to this but was unable to find something.

To start, I have the eibach drop on my car and I never did an allignment (yes I know...) the car drives perfect so I never really felt the need to do it.

Only thing is that my rear's (315) have a pretty bad negative camber and I'm eating the inside of my tires so F'n quickly.

Will an alignment with no camber kit fix this? or do I absolutely need a camber kit to correct it.

Thanks for the input!
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
From my research so far with suspension upgrades, it appears that the stock set-up has enough available adjustment to fix the camber. It will probably be addressed through an alignment.
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
jeremywes

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Dude, seriously... get an alignment. 59 bucks most places, WAY cheaper than new tires. I have a serious track setup and did not need any additional camber in the rear or front for that matter. The front will likely need some additional caster and Pedders sells an eccentric bolt for that but it does require some grinding. An alignment will solve your tire wear issue.
jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
With the 315s negative camber wears the inner shoulder very quickly. Ideally you should be at -0.50. Have the tech try to get as close to that as possible with the OE eccentrics. Have him set the toe eccentrics to a neutral position and then set the camber. The toe and camber eccentrics work against each other like an old school wishbone or A arm. Post your alignment specs here when you get done.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywes View Post
Dude, seriously... get an alignment. 59 bucks most places, WAY cheaper than new tires. I have a serious track setup and did not need any additional camber in the rear or front for that matter. The front will likely need some additional caster and Pedders sells an eccentric bolt for that but it does require some grinding. An alignment will solve your tire wear issue.
In my neck of the woods alignments are closer to 100$, and from experience with shops around here everytime I've gone in for one I came out regretting it. This is why I have avoided it this long. But yes your right alignment>new tires every season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
With the 315s negative camber wears the inner shoulder very quickly. Ideally you should be at -0.50. Have the tech try to get as close to that as possible with the OE eccentrics. Have him set the toe eccentrics to a neutral position and then set the camber. The toe and camber eccentrics work against each other like an old school wishbone or A arm. Post your alignment specs here when you get done.
Thanks for the advice JusticePete, I will definitely tell them to aim for -0.50. I will have to find a shop around here that will do it properly.
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Try a local Firestone. They usually have newer equipment and if you can find a competitors coupon they will honor it for a cheaper price.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote