Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-11-2018, 02:00 PM   #1
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
Unhappy Dealership wanted to rotate my tires...

Stopped by the dealership yesterday to have my oil changed...

Had some free ‘courtesy oil changes’ that were included from when I purchased the car.

They told me they were going to rotate my tires...

I asked, how are you going to manage that? They looked at me like I had asked them a really stupid question...

Apparently they didn’t realize the wheels on the rear were wider...

I had to have this conversation with the service writer, and the tech who worked on my car.

Told them NOT to rotate my tires. I’m glad I brought it to their attention. They certainly weren’t aware of it.
Tyestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 04:34 PM   #2
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I can speak from experience... The people in the back of a dealership aren't always the smartest.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:57 PM   #3
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Lol.. the factory Goodyear F1’s are one directional only tires. Scary that any dealership or garage of any kind would have to be told that .
Old 11-11-2018, 05:33 PM   #4
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I hope they were smart enough to put oil in your motor....
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:21 AM   #5
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Wanting the best for our investment many of us tend to utilize the dealerships for routine service. However, there are many out there that don't know their tail from their elbow. In for routine service local Chevrolet dealership told me that I needed front pads and rotors ASAP, dangerously low! Wheat they didn't realize is I had them changed by a different Chevrolet dealership about 1 year earlier. They wanted about $600.00 for the job. Told them I wanted to talk with the wife and left. Five minutes later I stopped at the local GMC dealership and asked if they would do a courtesy brake inspection, no problem. Service manager came out and said you have t least 75% pad life and rotors are extremely clean! Wife drives a 2017 RAV4. Two months ago at a routine oil change we were informed her tires were extremely low and would not pass inspection, the vehicle has Michelin Latitude tires. The RAV4 had nearly 25K on the clock, we purchased new from this Toyota dealer with 9 miles. I asked about the tire 60K mile warranty and was told "that's just a number the manufacturer puts on them to give you an estimate. They wanted $980.00 for 4 new ones! At home I telephoned Michelin directly to complain about their bogus warranty! Was told the warranty was not bogus and was given the name of 3 "certified Michelin Tire dealers" in my area. Wanted me to take the vehicle there and have the tire depth measured. Doing so Michelin gave me an allowance for 4 new tires, I ending up paying $375.00 that included a front end alignment. Sad
Old 11-12-2018, 07:41 AM   #6
steakmaker

Drives: '10 Camaro SS,Jeep Commander Hemi
It sounds like we need to stencil or have a sticker with a directive above the fender opening like we had for TP in the service.... put "DoNot Rotate" or "Front to Rear ONLY" above the wheels. I'm running a square set up now,so at least I can go front to rear.

Happy Veterans Day!
steakmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:40 AM   #7
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
It could have been worse ,imagine a doctor, or dentist that is an affirmative action doctor or dentist working on you .
Old 11-12-2018, 06:26 PM   #8
Bandit63

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I would check oil drain plug to make sure it was tight
Old 11-20-2018, 07:51 PM   #9
camaro430sut

Drives: 1989 Iroc
I'm in and out of dealerships daily for work and it's amazing how some of them either dont know what they're talking about or are out to screw the customer. My own personal experience was with my Sierra Denali. Let me preface this with, I always buy out of state, just better deals. But I had always been faithful to this particular GMC dealer for service. I had brought them my current Denali for a vibration issue. This truck platform has a well documented vibration problem, they told me they had never heard of it. They looked at the truck and replaced my exhaust under warranty. I thought that was odd, how can an exhaust cause a highway vibration, but whatever. Called me, said it was fixed. Pick it up, drive it home, no change. Bring it back, they tell me my tires are chopped and that's what's causing it, offer to sell me tires. Truck had 15k miles at this time and I knew for a fact they weren't chopped. Brought it to a different dealer, one wheel had the weights fall off, they balanced it for no cost. They have had my business ever since.

Long story short, not all service departments are the same

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
camaro430sut is offline   Reply With Quote