Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Tony Robbins self help guru

Tony Robbins self help guru

Anyone have any first hand experience with his work?

Celeb's of all kinds say he saved their lives and turned them around but they were able to afford $15,000hr one on one sessions.

Anyone ever gone to one of his things?

He does seem to have a bit more creditability over the typical infomercial star.

Been to other type ones similar years ago and at the end they tried to
sell ya gumball machines and fake gold chains. So I always pass.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #2
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Tony Robbins has been around for years - used to be very visible in media and flashy, now more subtle in his approach.

I'm more of a Stephen Covery "7 Habits" follower including his time management approach with Franklin-Covey.
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
For only $1000 an hour, I will remove all sharp objects from the room and keep you safe.

It's not what is said, but how the listener applies the message.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:49 AM   #4
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
I don’t think its what he says, but how he says its.
He is able to brain wash ya but for the better good.

As we all know what needs done but it helps somehow if coming from the right person.

[ok now Im just being funny]

And I can tell you first hand not to try out any of Tony Robbins techniques with out a proper consolation. You can’t just watch Shallow Hal and then run out and start dating big girls.

Without his hypnotic session you can tell if the girl sitting on your face wears panties the size of a tent or a handkerchief. Oh Lord can you tell......
Old 01-25-2010, 09:06 AM   #5
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
I read Tony Robbins book

While I was in college, I read Tony Robbins book called like ultimate power or something like that. It was basically his first book.

I noticed how he "urgently" pushes the notion that no matter who you are, and what station you are in life, that if you desperately want something very bad, there is a way to take steps to get there.

HIS BOOK basically just tries to hammer home that if you want to get from POINT A TO POINT B, you HAVE to actually DO SOMETHING, or copy EXACTLY WHAT someone else did to get to that point.

AFTER i read his book, I FELT A BIT BETRAYED BECAUSE I COULD SEE THAT IN MY OPINION, THE ONLY REASON HE WROTE THE BOOK WAS TO FIRST BENEFIT HIMSELF AND PAY HIS OWN BILLS.

SECONDLY, ANY EDUCATED/REASONABLY INTELLIGENT PERSON who reads the book is going to realize all he has done is WROTE IN A VERY ORGANIZED WAY, JUST BASIC COMMON-SENSE NOTIONS that every person should try to follow if they want to get ahead in life.

I FELT STUPID READING IT because I SAW THAT YOU CAN MAKE MILLIONS LIKE HE DID WITHOUT BEING EDUCATED AT ALL. IT WAS MY UNDERSTANDING THIS GUY (TONY ROBBINS) didn't even attend/or graduate college.

HE USED HIS NATURAL TALENT HE ALREADY HAD, which was to BE EMPATHETIC TOWARDS EVERYONE ELSE because FROM HIS VIEWPOINT, MOST PEOPLE HAVE ISSUES, THAT ARE WAY, WAY WORSE THAN HIS. HE WAS A VERY GOOD LOOKING GUY. HE USED his CHARM/CHARASMA to help people "not feel so bad" about themselves and to not give up hope (which is great).

BUT ULTIMATELY NOTHING IN HIS BOOK IS WORTH ANYTHING if YOU PERSONALLY DO NOT DECIDE TO "make a true effort" to make changes in your life.

The truth is though, he saw a market and did exactly what anyone else would have done.

OPRAH ALSO STILL DOMINATES IN THIS MARKET THAT CATERS TO PHENOMENALLY WEAK MINDED PEOPLE WHO CAN'T THINK FOR THEMSELVES AND CANNOT GIVE UP ADDICTIONS that keep their personal lives as crappy as possible.

OPRAH AND TONY ROBBINS PROBABLY LAUGH LIKE HELL behind people's backs. THE USA IS FULL OF MINDLESS / LOST/ SEVERELY handicapped people who DON'T KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO DO ANY SINGLE THING SUCCESSFUL AT ALL. starting with watching their weight, or just hanging around with people who are "positive/successful" type of persons.

IF YOU ARE A LOST/CONFUSED/DEPRESSED PERSON, IT LIKELY WON'T HURT AT ALL TO READ TONY ROBBINS BOOK BUT LATER ON you hopefully will see HE IS NOT SOME GENIOUS.

HIS GOAL IS JUST TO TALK COMMON SENSE INTO PEOPLE WHO TRULY NEED IT.

EMPATHY GETS YOU A LONG WAY THESE DAYS. (EVEN FAKE EMPATHY.)
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:16 AM   #6
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
it's a shame people invest time, money, and effort in a deceptive doctrine..
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #7
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Drives: 2015 Silver 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
While I was in college, I read Tony Robbins book called like ultimate power or something like that. It was basically his first book.

I noticed how he "urgently" pushes the notion that no matter who you are, and what station you are in life, that if you desperately want something very bad, there is a way to take steps to get there.

HIS BOOK basically just tries to hammer home that if you want to get from POINT A TO POINT B, you HAVE to actually DO SOMETHING, or copy EXACTLY WHAT someone else did to get to that point.

AFTER i read his book, I FELT A BIT BETRAYED BECAUSE I COULD SEE THAT IN MY OPINION, THE ONLY REASON HE WROTE THE BOOK WAS TO FIRST BENEFIT HIMSELF AND PAY HIS OWN BILLS.

SECONDLY, ANY EDUCATED/REASONABLY INTELLIGENT PERSON who reads the book is going to realize all he has done is WROTE IN A VERY ORGANIZED WAY, JUST BASIC COMMON-SENSE NOTIONS that every person should try to follow if they want to get ahead in life.

I FELT STUPID READING IT because I SAW THAT YOU CAN MAKE MILLIONS LIKE HE DID WITHOUT BEING EDUCATED AT ALL. IT WAS MY UNDERSTANDING THIS GUY (TONY ROBBINS) didn't even attend/or graduate college.

HE USED HIS NATURAL TALENT HE ALREADY HAD, which was to BE EMPATHETIC TOWARDS EVERYONE ELSE because FROM HIS VIEWPOINT, MOST PEOPLE HAVE ISSUES, THAT ARE WAY, WAY WORSE THAN HIS. HE WAS A VERY GOOD LOOKING GUY. HE USED his CHARM/CHARASMA to help people "not feel so bad" about themselves and to not give up hope (which is great).

BUT ULTIMATELY NOTHING IN HIS BOOK IS WORTH ANYTHING if YOU PERSONALLY DO NOT DECIDE TO "make a true effort" to make changes in your life.

The truth is though, he saw a market and did exactly what anyone else would have done.

OPRAH ALSO STILL DOMINATES IN THIS MARKET THAT CATERS TO PHENOMENALLY WEAK MINDED PEOPLE WHO CAN'T THINK FOR THEMSELVES AND CANNOT GIVE UP ADDICTIONS that keep their personal lives as crappy as possible.

OPRAH AND TONY ROBBINS PROBABLY LAUGH LIKE HELL behind people's backs. THE USA IS FULL OF MINDLESS / LOST/ SEVERELY handicapped people who DON'T KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO DO ANY SINGLE THING SUCCESSFUL AT ALL. starting with watching their weight, or just hanging around with people who are "positive/successful" type of persons.

IF YOU ARE A LOST/CONFUSED/DEPRESSED PERSON, IT LIKELY WON'T HURT AT ALL TO READ TONY ROBBINS BOOK BUT LATER ON you hopefully will see HE IS NOT SOME GENIOUS.

HIS GOAL IS JUST TO TALK COMMON SENSE INTO PEOPLE WHO TRULY NEED IT.

EMPATHY GETS YOU A LONG WAY THESE DAYS. (EVEN FAKE EMPATHY.)
Was your caps lock having a spaz attack?
jcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:55 AM   #8
JMM1181

Drives: '07 350z
I'll save you the time and money, not that I disagree with Tony Robbins work but it's been far too commercialized for my taste and lost some of the original message, purchase a book by Napoleon Hill called 'Think and Grow Rich' and read it. It's much more than just what the title states, in fact, it lays out the entire power behind the message Tony Robbins and many other motivational speakers use but in much simpler terms that are easy to read and apply.

Beyond that, look online for a video presentation by Wayne Dyer called the Power of Intention.
JMM1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #9
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM1181 View Post
by Napoleon Hill

That triggers a memory, Drew Carey said his success came from books from those folks and others at the end of one of his comedy albums.

dirty jokes n beer.

http://thirdgenchat.org/drew%20carey...B%20Sample.mp3
Old 01-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #10
RedJewelrsss32

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel Camaro
You get to walk on hot coals!!! Sounds fun
Old 01-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #11
2001ragtop

Oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro View Post
Was your caps lock having a spaz attack?
you should try looking for approval outside of the internet.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #12
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Drives: 2015 Silver 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
you should try looking for approval outside of the internet.
Umm, ok? I was simply wondering why some of your sentences were caps, some weren't, and some were mixed?
jcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:07 PM   #13
2001ragtop

sorry about that. i understand now what you meant because i did mix up the upper and lowercase very randomly.

Last edited by 2001ragtop; 01-25-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #14
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Just good etiquette to not lean on the caps lock.

http://internet.suite101.com/article...tte_guidelines

It's like walking into a room and screaming.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote