Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-17-2019, 08:06 PM   #29
CamaroBarb
Banned

Drives: cheby Camaro
LOL it does
CamaroBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:03 PM   #30
Vec
Tejas Hillbilly

Drives: 15 SS 2SS/RS LS3M6
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBarb View Post
I took the car to Safelite today to see what they think, they told me the problem is the glass is not installed in the proper position. Its up too high away from the body. That also why the HUD is double- out of focus. 125 dollars to fix it if the glass doesn't break removing it. 582.00 If it breaks. All on me of course..........
on you?

they f...ed it up on the install, thats BS
Old 09-23-2019, 06:25 PM   #31
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBarb View Post
I took the car to Safelite today to see what they think, they told me the problem is the glass is not installed in the proper position. Its up too high away from the body. That also why the HUD is double- out of focus. 125 dollars to fix it if the glass doesn't break removing it. 582.00 If it breaks. All on me of course..........
Who did the original install? If it was Safetlite, it shouldn't cost you a dime for them to fix it. When I had my windshield replaced by them, there was a slight flaw in the glass I didn't find until the next day. Called them and they sent someone out to replace it (again) the next day .. free of charge.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #32
CamaroBarb
Banned

Safelite didn't install it, a small local glass company did it. Safelite was very helpful, they knew right away why it was messed up. State Farm is going the force the glass company to pay for the repairs. Personally I had enough for a while, winter is coming soon so maybe I'll wait till next spring to get it fixed. Its just too stressful to get anything as major as a WS replaced and not have some kind of issue.

Last time 2 years ago it was my 98 Camaro, they cracked the dash and broke the wiper covers. Also the glass wasn't sealed right so every time it rained the bottom of the WS fogged up. State farm paid for the broken parts and back charged the glass company. I sold the car because I had enough. Big friggen mess with the broken dash, WS had to come back out. I just didn't want to deal with it any more.

Even though I do trust Safelite to repair it I'm on pins and needles about anyone working on the car now. Todays cars are very complicated.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:43 AM   #33
Dogmeat

Drives: 2011 RS
I know "where you're coming from".....but I think I'd just bite the bullet and ger 'er done ASAP so they don't use the excuse that you waited too long!!
Old 09-26-2019, 08:30 PM   #34
Glassman66

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1le
Um, 26 years in the business, Gen5 Camaros are a cake walk.
Gen4, those suck.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:19 PM   #35
CamaroBarb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassman66 View Post
Um, 26 years in the business, Gen5 Camaros are a cake walk.
Gen4, those suck.
What I don't get is why when someone makes a simple mistake they don't admit it fix it and move on? All they did wrong is not push the glass in far enough. The weather strip no longer contacts the WS and there is a good 1/4 gap between the weather stripe and WS, 1/2 inch gap dash to WS. They tried to convince me that is normal UNTIL I produced estimates from Safelight stating the WS is too far away. Then they changed their story and told me IF THEY THINK its too far away they will fix it< so its up to them how MY car should look? The double HUD display they claim is a dealer problem.............how do you deal with people like this? The insurance company will settle it for sure. The glass company actually suggested the display was always double and I'm trying to get it fixed on them. My intelligence only goes so far, their stupidity is endless.

I forgot to add they tried to blame the HUD trouble with ON STAR. ?Be cause its not connected. Laughable truly, they tried to convince me that EVERYTHING on these "NEW CARS" has to be working or nothing will work right. Where do they breed these people?