Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 08:36 AM   #15
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Guys, here is some more info from Ken. He is working on getting some more stats for us. I'd say not to shabby for less than a years work after taking the measurements off my Camaro.

Thanks for the sacrifice... Your car is gonna need one of these too with that supercharger...just a matter of when.

P.S. It was great hangin' out with you at C5Fest. You are quite the character...especially Sat nite.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:59 AM   #16
xlr8nova

Drives: nova
Skip doesn't have a Camaro5 account. Skip is the one holding the casting in front of my 4th gen. I've been talking to Chris and he is going to be stop #2 with the housing so he can get the stubs made for his outlaw axles. Then you can buy them directly from him. As for the yoke, we were planning on a billet 1350 yoke then the customer would have to have a replacement driveshaft made (midshift back) with the coresponding 1350.

How much HP is that monster layin down anyway? Bad thing about the pro-gears is they're not street freindly. They're too soft. I've been hearing that a 40 spline Wavelok carrier is in the works. And good god if you could break that your next step is swaping in a Rockwell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Ken - if you can get the GForce outlaw axles to work with this, I'm in. Chris made those with HUGE knuckles and large 300-M axles (presently 35 spline). The SST Camaro can push the numbers your are talking about hence my excitement over the thought of a great solution. Does the front of this unit need a special pinion yoke?? Up to this point, this has been the biggest pain in the rear(end)...lol

PM with pricing please - does Skip have an account on Camaro5?
Old 04-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #17
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
nice
Old 04-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #18
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I don't expect to ever make the power numbers that require one of those monsters...but WOW.

Really Impressive!
Old 04-28-2010, 08:58 PM   #19
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Can you build one for speedster using this pumpkin?

Old 04-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #20
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Im making the call in the morning. This is exactly what I have been waiting for. I was actually considering doing the solid axle conversion but this requires fabbing the entire rear end. Count me in for a pre order.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #21
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8nova View Post
Skip doesn't have a Camaro5 account. Skip is the one holding the casting in front of my 4th gen. I've been talking to Chris and he is going to be stop #2 with the housing so he can get the stubs made for his outlaw axles. Then you can buy them directly from him. As for the yoke, we were planning on a billet 1350 yoke then the customer would have to have a replacement driveshaft made (midshift back) with the coresponding 1350.

How much HP is that monster layin down anyway? Bad thing about the pro-gears is they're not street freindly. They're too soft. I've been hearing that a 40 spline Wavelok carrier is in the works. And good god if you could break that your next step is swaping in a Rockwell.
I'll PM you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Can you build one for speedster using this pumpkin?

Very funny 69... oh wait, I really like the tread pattern on those tires...nice contact patch...on DIRT !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
Im making the call in the morning. This is exactly what I have been waiting for. I was actually considering doing the solid axle conversion but this requires fabbing the entire rear end. Count me in for a pre order.
Sounds familiar. The IRS rearend has been a pain since day 1. Thanks for getting it made. Beefy...
Old 04-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #22
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Thanks for the sacrifice... Your car is gonna need one of these too with that supercharger...just a matter of when.

P.S. It was great hangin' out with you at C5Fest. You are quite the character...especially Sat nite.
It was great meeting you as well, and next time I'll try not to slur so much... I’m blaming that on all the beer I had to drink to get rid of that dam “Rotgut Whisky” taste from that fifth they were passing around…

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
Old 04-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #23
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
It was great meeting you as well, and next time I'll try not to slur so much... I’m blaming that on all the beer I had to drink to get rid of that dam “Rotgut Whisky” taste from that fifth they were passing around…
You can blame Zebra for that. I kept calling it the 'bottomless bottle of George Dickel' because it took so many C5er's with it.

Hey, and don't worry, it was a good slur...
Old 04-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #24
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Now that's a sweet looking piece for sure.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:55 PM   #25
xlr8nova

Drives: nova
Thanks for the support guys. Very nice to see that everybody is so pumped about this! We are going to try as hard as possible to get these underway to keep up with the demand!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #26
speedster
SST...

Do you have the anticipated availability date ?

Will it be available bare, partial or a complete rearend solution ?
Once again, Chris at Gforce has made some incredible outlaw axles that I hope work with this.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:54 PM   #27
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:

Very funny 69... oh wait, I really like the tread pattern on those tires...nice contact patch...on DIRT !!
That's what happens when I don't think things through... Does anyone make 895/50R 30 Drag Radials?

... Hey, just like Tag, GTA and PQ, when your build goes public, it's fair game for comments from the cheap seats
Old 05-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #28
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Do you have the anticipated availability date ?

Will it be available bare, partial or a complete rearend solution ?
Once again, Chris at Gforce has made some incredible outlaw axles that I hope work with this.
I've been talking to Skip most of the day and going over what we need to provide to make this a package deal.
I think eveyone will really like what he has come up with. It's a true bolt in solution for the big power guys.

Thanks
Chris

Closed Thread