Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 01-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #29
Darth V8R
I'm on a horse

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
SSOOCH IS SO EXCITED FOR THIS TRIP IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!!!!

Only downside is the wifey is going to Coachella that same weekend, so I lost my built in DD
Old 01-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #30
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast1 View Post
Driving through Flagstaff in April is too unpredictable. At 7000 ft. a snowstorm is quite possible. I would only go the Vegas route.
Could the route choice be a last minute decision to see how that route is looking for weather.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #31
Merc
In The Circle

What's the aprox count in the Utah convoy? CDN West looks like six to eight cars. Have 8 rooms in host hotel.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #32
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
We have about ten as well.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #33
DDA_Skull

Drives: 88 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro
So is the CDN Crew thinking they will be in Salt lake city Wednesday and be up and at em to be leaving at 3-4 in the morning? Is everyone else with me on saying that we might be able to survive off munchies till Vegas, then when we meet up with the Vegas crew we get a bite to eat. Then go for the Home stretch from there?

DDA_Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #34
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDA_Skull View Post
So is the CDN Crew thinking they will be in Salt lake city Wednesday and be up and at em to be leaving at 3-4 in the morning? Is everyone else with me on saying that we might be able to survive off munchies till Vegas, then when we meet up with the Vegas crew we get a bite to eat. Then go for the Home stretch from there?
We will be waiting for you guys to show up in Vegas. Were leaving early Tuesday morning. That being said we will be checking route conditions 48 and 24 hours before leaving. Bad route conditions could force us over to the coastal I-5 route.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:17 AM   #35
Darth V8R
I'm on a horse

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
I made the Vancouver - SLC drive too many times to count when I was living there, and it can get pretty hairy where the 82 becomes the 84 in the winter. If the weather is good, you can do it in about 16 hours. I used to straight shot it on a lot of caffeine and slim jims

Just be careful coming out of Oregon into Idaho. Lot of downgrade and possible ice - plus the cops love to wait at the Oregon border where the speed limit drops 10MPH!
Old 01-29-2011, 07:19 AM   #36
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth V8R View Post
I made the Vancouver - SLC drive too many times to count when I was living there, and it can get pretty hairy where the 82 becomes the 84 in the winter. If the weather is good, you can do it in about 16 hours. I used to straight shot it on a lot of caffeine and slim jims

Just be careful coming out of Oregon into Idaho. Lot of downgrade and possible ice - plus the cops love to wait at the Oregon border where the speed limit drops 10MPH!
Cool. Thx. That's the route we use to get our Pro Street Hauler to Vegas for racing PSCA races, which is heading out on the road Feb 16th for season opener. No matter to me I fly in like a Rock Star.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:01 AM   #37
DDA_Skull

Drives: 88 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
We will be waiting for you guys to show up in Vegas. Were leaving early Tuesday morning. That being said we will be checking route conditions 48 and 24 hours before leaving. Bad route conditions could force us over to the coastal I-5 route.

Your not wanting to stay the night in salt lake and roll out with the utah crew?

DDA_Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:23 PM   #38
UHP-CAMARO

Drives: Traded this for a 2013 ZL1
Add me to the convoy. I got a room at the Hampton inn on Spectrum Blvd.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:06 PM   #39
Slowkray

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UHP-CAMARO View Post
Add me to the convoy. I got a room at the Hampton inn on Spectrum Blvd.
Awesome UHP, glad you decided to join us. This trip is going to be epic!
Slowkray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #40
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

I've been thinking about this and have come to the conclusion that a convoy is going to be damn near impossible with this number of folks. But if we try it we should probably meet around a I-15 location that's close to I-15 around 3am. South Town Mall in Sandy or even JDP Motorsports are probably our best bets. From there we could hit it and not stop til Cedar City and that would just be for gas. Then be in Vegas for Breakfast around 9-10am. Then probably two more stops, one for lunch and gas and one more for gas and then try to be in Chandler by 6pm for the meet and greet and to check into our rooms. I don't want to show up too late because as many of you know hotel rooms are always overbooked and there is a chance that a room won't be there for you.

I'm even considering leaving Wednesday around 3pm, be in vegas by 9pm and stay the night and then hit it from Vegas early Thursday morning. Just a thought.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:50 PM   #41
Slowkray

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I've been thinking about this and have come to the conclusion that a convoy is going to be damn near impossible with this number of folks. But if we try it we should probably meet around a I-15 location that's close to I-15 around 3am. South Town Mall in Sandy or even JDP Motorsports are probably our best bets. From there we could hit it and not stop til Cedar City and that would just be for gas. Then be in Vegas for Breakfast around 9-10am. Then probably two more stops, one for lunch and gas and one more for gas and then try to be in Chandler by 6pm for the meet and greet and to check into our rooms. I don't want to show up too late because as many of you know hotel rooms are always overbooked and there is a chance that a room won't be there for you.

I'm even considering leaving Wednesday around 3pm, be in vegas by 9pm and stay the night and then hit it from Vegas early Thursday morning. Just a thought.
The Wednesday departure may be a better option SSOOCH, Marny can get us a killer rate at the Holiday Inn or the Staybridge. I don't want to be totally burnt when we get to the fest. Marny and I are already doing the trip home in 2 days. You have my vote for Wednesday.
Slowkray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #42
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Sweet! Let's do it!!