Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 02-10-2010, 05:04 AM   #1
Jake
Go Speed Racer!!!

Drives: Camaro Concept Convertible
Convertible Camaro First Production Date?

I am really confused, because I read that the Camaro Convertible is going to start production in the second half of 2010, and then I read it is due to start production in the second half of 2011.

Doesn't the second half of 2011 seem like an awful long time away? Especially when we see spy-shots of what appear to be pre-production convertibles?

Does anybody have any idea?

P.S. I really want an Imperial Blue Metallic (IBM) Convertible with white racing stripes and I photoshopped (very quickly) this spy shot, which looks pretty tight.
Attached Images

Designer for BulletTrain at www.BulletTrain.com and Editor & Publisher of Jake's Rolex World Magazine located at www.RolexMagazine.com
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:27 AM   #2
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Nope figure we saw test mules for a year. Yes you are correct 2nd 1/4 of 2011 as a 2012model. This is why I went ahead and purchased a 2010 now and when the verts are ready to be ordered I will place my 2SS/RS RJT order

Sean

Last edited by 01pewterz28; 02-10-2010 at 10:53 AM.
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
mscaggs

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
That will be #2 Camaro for us, waiting for the verts... In the meantime we will just have fun with the IOM 2SS....
mscaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
Jake
Go Speed Racer!!!

Actually, now that you guys mention it, it makes perfect sense.

There is a part of me that thinks I might not even like the convertible as much as the current hardtop, so it does make sense to buy an early 2011 hardtop in a few months, and then if I do end up getting a convertible, wait til the beginning of the second production year for the convertible. The idea with buying the second year versions is that hopefully they will have all the bugs worked out.

I am madly in love the the Imperial Blue Metallic with white stripes combo and I can't seem to be able to get it out of my head, so I did another photoshop of it, but this time I invested much more time!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Nope figure we saw test muels for a year. Yes you are correct 2nd 1/4 of 2011 as a 2012model. This is why I went ahead and purchased a 2010 now and when the verts are ready to be ordered I will place my 2SS/RS RJT order

Sean
Attached Images

Designer for BulletTrain at www.BulletTrain.com and Editor & Publisher of Jake's Rolex World Magazine located at www.RolexMagazine.com
Old 02-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
Steeler NY

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM Vert
Wow Jake, great job with the photoshop!!

I myself am also waiting for the convertibles to come out and was also thinking of the Imperial Blue Metallic with white stripes on a 2SS/RS, but I am also considering the Red Jewel Tint with white stripes. either way I am still waiting to place my order ASAP.

Thanks for the Photo shop, My wife was wondering how the black roof might look with white stripes. I think it looks great.

Can I ask a request of you to make a photo shop of a red jewel tint if you have time. (I have no idea how to use any picture editing program) help me make my color choice :

thanks,
Scott
Steeler NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:48 AM   #6
Jake
Go Speed Racer!!!

Hi Scott,

Red Jewel Tint is my other favorite color, so we must have similar taste!!!

Now that I see it in this color combo I must thank you for further confusing my already terribly confused mind

This is my best attempt at photoshop. It's not perfect, but I believe it gets us pretty close to getting the vibe.

Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler NY View Post
Wow Jake, great job with the photoshop!!

I myself am also waiting for the convertibles to come out and was also thinking of the Imperial Blue Metallic with white stripes on a 2SS/RS, but I am also considering the Red Jewel Tint with white stripes. either way I am still waiting to place my order ASAP.

Thanks for the Photo shop, My wife was wondering how the black roof might look with white stripes. I think it looks great.

Can I ask a request of you to make a photo shop of a red jewel tint if you have time. (I have no idea how to use any picture editing program) help me make my color choice :

thanks,
Scott
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #7
Steeler NY

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM Vert
Hey Jake,

Glad I was able to add to your confusion, I have been wrestling with this color combo for quite a while now, this at least gives me an idea what it could look like. it does not make it any easier

I guess I have a while before I have to make the decision!

Thanks for the help! good luck with your choice

Top Down is the only way to go!

Scott
Steeler NY is offline   Reply With Quote