Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-01-2007, 10:32 AM   #1
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
GALLERY: GM's future interior designs

(Pics below)

Interior design is one area where GM is lagging behind its European and Japanese rivals, but there's hope just beyond the horizon. Fully aware of its shortcomings, GM has put a new, more focused emphasis on improving the style and quality of its vehicles' interiors and a handful of official computer-generated concept renderings reveal that there's some very innovative thinking going down in Detroit.

The soon-to-be released Cadillac CTS is one such car that has shown what can be done. Its new interior shows a level of craftsmanship and style that not so long ago was limited to the domain of significantly more expensive imports. If all goes to plan, you won't have to shell out big bucks to enjoy a car with a nice cabin, either. These new concept sketches show several interior design elements, one specific to the Chevy and Pontiac brands as well as designs for GM's SUV and trucks.

Most of the renderings depict concepts for vehicle center stacks and climate-control systems of the future, but one of the more interesting images reveals a future multi-function key fob with an LCD surface and voice recognition features inspired by none other than Knight Rider's K.I.T.T.

Other drawings preview future designs for the center stack of GM's Lambda-based crossovers, better known as the GMC Acadia, Saturn Outlook and Buick Enclave, as well as a new design for its Malibu and Aura models and an upcoming SUV from Cadillac. Another highlight is a configurable instrument cluster with a jewel-like central dial sitting atop an electronic faceplate that can switch between the speedometer, tachometer or navigation system. Not just a pretty face, the designs have some ergonomic benefits, as well. Integrating the vehicle's sat nav screen into the main instrument cluster, for example, would mean drivers no longer have to turn their head away from the road to look up directions.

The latest Cadillacs have shown major improvements in quality and design, and as these new renderings show, there's more in store for the rest of GM's fleet. Now the race is on to see how quickly the systems move from the design studio to the showroom, and hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

Name:  dash1.jpg
Views: 2663
Size:  262.7 KB

Name:  dash2.jpg
Views: 2622
Size:  274.5 KB

Name:  dash3.jpg
Views: 2534
Size:  264.8 KB

Name:  dash4.jpg
Views: 2447
Size:  143.1 KB

Name:  dash5.jpg
Views: 2395
Size:  217.8 KB

Name:  dash6.jpg
Views: 2812
Size:  77.9 KB

Name:  dash7.jpg
Views: 9371
Size:  278.7 KB
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Awesome!! :eek: I actually like all of those!!! Maybe they'll take a Jump and put LCD tech into the Maro. But If they don't I still really like all those!!
Old 09-01-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
Hyperknight
Band.

Drives: 2016 2SS
Very very nice! Lcd in the Camaro would be awesome.
Hyperknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:51 PM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705

IMO, those are really nice looking clusters and center stack consoles. I'd have an LCD on a couple that don't have them...or have the LCD in the gauge area. But, the fob w/ LCD idea is a great one. I just wonder what kind of functions they are going to have on it.

I really this this is going to work well for the Camaro. If they are doing major revamping on the interiors of their cars, they (proof by the pix shown) are going to have something very nice for the Camaro. These pix, or at least one, has the Caddy name on it. I wouldn't doubt if Caddy began the work on them...like the Caddy designers who designed the Camaro. Get where I'm going with this?

Basically, what I mean, is I'm not going to be worried one bit w/ the interior of the new Camaro. It WILL mesh just fine. I hope they integrate that bluetooth, hands free stuff for while you are driving. They should integrate that as standard into all of their cars and justify it by claiming their vehicles are safer for the even the unsafe person.

Anyway...love the pix. I'm really looking forward to this!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #5
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
thats pretty sweet that last pic with the navigation was for chicago Ive driven that route many times.
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #6
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
I'm getting excited

LOVE those!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 03:08 AM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I like the whole bluetooth, name and # deal on the last pic. That would be awesome seeing the name and # (mobile/home) right on the gauges in front of you.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:03 AM   #8
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
you notice in the last pic it says iPhone. lol evidently caddy owners all have iPhones. or that's subliminal advertising for apple. steve jobs gets the name out there anyway he can. lol.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote