Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #225
toyboy1980

Drives: 2012 45th 2LT/RS
Torque converter finally came in yesterday, and I took my car in this morning. Going to pick it up tomorrow morning.
Mods: RX Catch Can / MRT Version 2.0 Exhaust / RotoFab CAI / Apex Motorsports Scoop + Windshield Washer Bottle Relocation / Hurst "HardDrive" Plate / Mud Guards / Heritage Grill + Street Scene Lower Valance / Metra Kit + Pioneer AVIC Z120BT / AAC "Ghosted" LED Concept Side Markers / P13W Plasma LED Bulbs + DRL Harness
toyboy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #226
thejudgemeister
Thejudgemeister

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS Summit White
Same v6 automatic vibration here.

I reported the same problem to the dealer where I purchased the car on 5/2/2012. The vibration happened in 3rd-6th gears under similar circumstances. I got the car back this morning (5/9/2012) and have not noticed it yet. At around 3,200 miles, the vibration developed. The dealer said it was the torque converter and replaced it under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
There is this small annoyance i have and i hope its not a normal thing that everyone is experiencing. when im driving along about 45 to 50 mph it seems that the tranny shifts into 6th and it settles to a lil bit above the 1000rpm mark and when i lightly press the gas to maintain 45 mph or even 40 mph i get a pretty decent amount of vibration i dunno if the engine is lugging or somthing binding but if i am goin about 50 mph it doesnt do it cause im guessing higher rpm. It just seems the autos are a bit over agressive to find a lower gear for gas mileage purpose i dont wanna have to use manual mode just so i cant keep it at a certain speed. Any help and comments are welcome.
Attached Images

thejudgemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #227
toyboy1980

Got it back this morning. Fixed!!!
Mods: RX Catch Can / MRT Version 2.0 Exhaust / RotoFab CAI / Apex Motorsports Scoop + Windshield Washer Bottle Relocation / Hurst "HardDrive" Plate / Mud Guards / Heritage Grill + Street Scene Lower Valance / Metra Kit + Pioneer AVIC Z120BT / AAC "Ghosted" LED Concept Side Markers / P13W Plasma LED Bulbs + DRL Harness
Old 05-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #228
IBMCamaro504

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Send a message via Skype™ to IBMCamaro504
I just started experiencing this yesterday. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I have a 2012 1LT born 11/2011 with about 7,300 miles on it. At first I kept thinking I was riding over bumps in the road but I rode down a street with minimal bumps and felt it a little over 40 mph. Will be taking my car in on Wednesday.
IBMCamaro504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #229
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMCamaro504 View Post
I just started experiencing this yesterday. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I have a 2012 1LT born 11/2011 with about 7,300 miles on it. At first I kept thinking I was riding over bumps in the road but I rode down a street with minimal bumps and felt it a little over 40 mph. Will be taking my car in on Wednesday.
Sorry for the frustration this may be causing you. You are definitely taking the correct steps in getting this concern resolved. Let us know how everything goes at the dealership.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #230
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Wow. I step away from this thread for a bit and it turns into something completely different. I hadn't heard about the new issues with the 2012 Camaros. Glad to see so many are getting this taken care of. Let me know how things go for all of you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyboy1980 View Post
Jeff, thanks for your interest. A few posts back I put up a copy of the GM service bulletin that addresses this issue. This document already existing sure made things smoother when getting the problem diagnosed. Now just waiting on a new torque converter to come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkrind View Post
Could a 2011 2LT fall under this fix?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Chevrolet Customer Svc, will this bulletin apply to the 2011's? It seems this is the exact problem all of us with a 2011 are having. How can we get this resolved?
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #231
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
Chevrolet Customer Svc, will this bulletin apply to the 2011's? It seems this is the exact problem all of us with a 2011 are having. How can we get this resolved?
It is hard to say that your specific vehicle is affected by service bulletins. I am unable to provide any information on TSBs but I can check your VIN to see if there is anything out there that may be specific to your vehicle. You can PM me with your VIN and I will be more than happy to see what options are out there.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #232
FightingScallion

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT "Kaylee"
Just want to give a shout out to you guys. I was having this problem and did a bit of a search on here. I printed out that picture of the service bulletin and took it along with me to get my baby serviced.

It took the techs a couple of test drives to recreate it, which then motivated them to look at the bulletin. Hopefully she'll be back tomorrow; just waiting on a few gaskets to come into town.
FightingScallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:48 AM   #233
toyboy1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingScallion View Post
Just want to give a shout out to you guys. I was having this problem and did a bit of a search on here. I printed out that picture of the service bulletin and took it along with me to get my baby serviced.

It took the techs a couple of test drives to recreate it, which then motivated them to look at the bulletin. Hopefully she'll be back tomorrow; just waiting on a few gaskets to come into town.
Glad it helped!
Old 06-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #234
Plexi

Drives: black 2011
So, what a bunch of lame GM BS. So the fix is just for 2012! I guess the people that posted about their 2010 and 2011 that paid big bucks for just isn't as good as the 2012?
Or that most of the posts came from 2011 cars or cars before 2012! Funny how that is. I think GM should fix all cars with this problem,and if not their should be a class action lawsuit filed! Or people need to take them to court and demand a refund.Lemon law.
I bought my 2011 in april. And mentioned the problem to the dealer,and on line here telling people that all the other camaro v6 cars i drove did the same thing.
Oh yeah i'll be waiting for GM to call me and tell me they are going to fix it. Like thats going to happen.
Been over a year now, oh it also has the thump in the rear wheel when backing up. And the brake squeaking,like all the rest of posts about these problems.
But i'm sure GM doesn't know anything about those problems either.
All i know is, i'm not happy, paying this much for a car, and GM only fix the newer cars!!! Mine only has 4400mi on it!!
Plexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #235
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Don't feel too bad, I have a "loose lumber" issue that will likely never be fixed (by GM/dealer at least).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plexi View Post
So, what a bunch of lame GM BS. So the fix is just for 2012! I guess the people that posted about their 2010 and 2011 that paid big bucks for just isn't as good as the 2012?
Or that most of the posts came from 2011 cars or cars before 2012! Funny how that is. I think GM should fix all cars with this problem,and if not their should be a class action lawsuit filed! Or people need to take them to court and demand a refund.Lemon law.
I bought my 2011 in april. And mentioned the problem to the dealer,and on line here telling people that all the other camaro v6 cars i drove did the same thing.
Oh yeah i'll be waiting for GM to call me and tell me they are going to fix it. Like thats going to happen.
Been over a year now, oh it also has the thump in the rear wheel when backing up. And the brake squeaking,like all the rest of posts about these problems.
But i'm sure GM doesn't know anything about those problems either.
All i know is, i'm not happy, paying this much for a car, and GM only fix the newer cars!!! Mine only has 4400mi on it!!
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #236
rstoll

Drives: 2011 camaro
Here is the reply from GM on this issue.

Good Morning! Thank you for sending us an email at Chevrolet regarding the vibration on your 2011 Chevrolet Camaro.

I certainly understand how frustrating it can be to have such a condition on a vehicle. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and giving me an opportunity to assist you. In response to your request, there is a recent bulletin released by GM referencing a vibration or drone type noise for 2011 Chevrolet Camaro.
Condition

Some customers may comment on a vibration or drone type noise at 1150-1200 RPM or 61-72km/h (38-45mph) in 6th gear and TCC on.
This vibration or drone type noise is present at the above MPH range during light throttle application and will remain as long as the engine load remains constant during these conditions.
Correction

The front two rear suspension support (cradle) bushings will need to be replaced.
rstoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #237
sh4mrock

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT
So, to resurrect this post I've got bad news.

The torque converter was replaced and the car drove great again for about a month. Then out of nowhere the problem reared it's head again, I tried to ignore it at first, thinking no way t could be back but it is just as bad as before.

Had it back to the dealership they recreated it again and this time put a call into the GM Engineers to see what else could be causing it that could be related to the torque converter. Going on 2 weeks though and nothing back yet.

The saga rolls on, at this point I'm just hoping they can't fix it after a couple more tries and I can try the lemon law route.
sh4mrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #238
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh4mrock View Post
So, to resurrect this post I've got bad news.

The torque converter was replaced and the car drove great again for about a month. Then out of nowhere the problem reared it's head again, I tried to ignore it at first, thinking no way t could be back but it is just as bad as before.

Had it back to the dealership they recreated it again and this time put a call into the GM Engineers to see what else could be causing it that could be related to the torque converter. Going on 2 weeks though and nothing back yet.

The saga rolls on, at this point I'm just hoping they can't fix it after a couple more tries and I can try the lemon law route.
I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing! Please let us know if the dealership was able to get this concern addressed for you. I can also check on your dealership if you would like and set up a case with GM customer service. I would need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership.

I look forward to your correspondence.

Brandon

Tags
vibration v6 low rpm lugging