Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 10-27-2012, 12:20 AM   #1
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Camaro Owners Be Safe In New Jersey Hurricane Sandy

Became a category 2 storm this morning.AFP PHOTO/NOAA
The threat of a powerful, and perhaps unprecedented, hybrid storm government officials have dubbed a “Frankenstorm” affecting New Jersey in the coming days is still increasing, even if its exact impacts and location continues to confound forecasters across the nation this morning.

Hurricane Sandy, a category 2 storm with winds of 105 mph, is churning north through toward the Bahamas this morning and is a key player in just how bad our weather will be from Sunday into mid-week. Forecasters at the National Weather Service warn that Sandy is forecast to track north up the eastern seaboard and potentially merge with a developing nor’easter, creating a powerful hybrid storm that has the potential to have devastating impacts along the Mid-Atlantic and New England coastlines.

"The lion’s share of guidance indicates that the circulation associated with Hurricane Sandy will pass close enough to the amplifying polar trough over the eastern United States to become incorporated into a hybrid vortex over the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast next Tuesday,” the Hydrometeorological Prediction Center wrote in its morning forecast discussion. "The high degree of blocking from Eastern North America across the entire Atlantic Basin is expected to allow this unusual merger to take place…inviting perhaps the ghoulish nickname for the cyclone along the lines of ‘Frankenstorm.’"

A myriad of scenarios for how the situation will unfold exists, according to forecast guidance. Were Sandy to track inland just south of or on the New Jersey coast, major coastal flooding, hurricane force winds and torrential rain are all distinct possibilities. A track further to the north, in New England, and the Garden State may be spared some of the more severe impacts. Even the potential for Sandy to move out to sea (while the least likely) can’t be completely discounted at this point.

Because the ceiling of the storm’s impact is so high, forecasters and state officials are urging residents to monitor it closely. The threat of major coastal flooding, inland flooding and wind damage is very much in the realm of possibilities for New Jersey – a threat that should not be taken lightly, regardless of the outcome.

Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #2
Ryanc721

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS
part of me is happy i don't have my car yet lol
Ryanc721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:49 AM   #3
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Its going to hit PA also, keep everyone safe and tuck your Camaro away!
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:51 AM   #4
TRIPWIRE
Chillin Like a Villain

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic Dusk Ed.
on sunday im parking my car in the school parking garage(im in college) so it will be nice and safe!
TRIPWIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPWIRE View Post
on sunday im parking my car in the school parking garage(im in college) so it will be nice and safe!
PSH. You aren't a Camaro owner in NJ. Your argument is invalid.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
PSH. You aren't a Camaro owner in NJ. Your argument is invalid.
That's cold.. my friend works Amtrak out their. They constantly have to look at the weather.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote