Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-30-2019, 07:29 AM   #1
Alfdawg

Drives: 2014 camaro ss
Need help. Pac dash kit

Where does the factory sound plug go? I have the BA system but I replaced the amp using the fark. So do I still hook it up to the amplified side on the PAC module? Or standard?
I posted this in another thread but go no responses.
Alfdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:29 AM   #2
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
if you changed the head unit you should have ran some 20 foot long rca's that's what i did it only took like 20 min.way cheaper than that harness. i cut the speaker wires from the boston amp to my front and ran from my new amp to the wires simple and works great you could have also got the amp turn on from the factory amp.
i just did the pac thing plug it into the amped side if the pac module and test it if it's real loud switch to the the other side. if you have a 2ss putting in the gauges and the radio trim is a PIA 1ss is no problem
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:02 AM   #3
Alfdawg

I'm only using the fark to hook the speaker wires up to the 4 channel amp. The rcas will be ran from the back of the radio. I wasnt sure which side the sound plug went because the factory amp isnt there no more but I was still using the factory speaker wiring.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:58 AM   #4
lemontwist

i just did the radio yesterday for the second time in 2 weeks.i ran rca's and wired the plug in i went to the amped side of the pac because i thought i needed to for onstar but as it turned out onstar has a speaker by the factory bluetooth mic i wish i could have kept that working but the center speaker on the dash still works form the boston amp.i don't think you need the fark at all if you not going to use the boston amp for anything.when i looked at it all it did was tap in to give you rca's good if you keep the boston and just want to add a amp for subs and don't want to run wires if you ran rca's and don't pay for onstar and are replacing the boston amp the fark was a waste of money i'm sorry to say.
i found a wire diagram that showed me the speaker outs from the boston and used them to wire to from my fosgate amp.
i found everything i needed here.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370635
so the fark is only good for adding a sub amp to a factory stereo.
the fark don't goto the factory speaker outs it just taps in before the amp to the low signal you need to look at the zip file in the link at the amp outputs
here is the wire harness that came from the boston amp that you need to wire up the speakers colors and what they do
blue with black stripe right rear -
light blue right rear +
dark green right front -
light green right front +
gray left front -
tan left front +
blue with white stripe left rear -
dark blue left rear +
cut them and splice some wire from your 4 channel to them
now if you are color blind i can't help you LOL

Last edited by lemontwist; 06-30-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-30-2019, 02:00 PM   #5
Alfdawg

The fark harness also has a harness so you can replace the factory amp with an aftermarket amp. It has a harness that taps into the factory speaker wires.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:35 PM   #6
lemontwist

ok so if you want to go back it's good.
i just cut them and left the amp plug long enough to reconnect if i want.
i hope the info i gave helped.
if you ran rca's i don't think you need to plug the the high level/speakers in to the pac at all.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:57 AM   #7
ItzaV6

Drives: 2015 1LT
Is it just me or does anyone else have a hard time using some of the buttons on when you put the factory knobs onto this new unit for the HVAC controls? Mine don't fit perfectly. Plus, the contacts don't connect well and only certain functions work on my kit. I've installed this kit three different times with three different radios. I'm debating buying a scoshe or maestro kit.
ItzaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:06 AM   #8
rotwiler
ruff ruff

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzaV6 View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else have a hard time using some of the buttons on when you put the factory knobs onto this new unit for the HVAC controls? Mine don't fit perfectly. Plus, the contacts don't connect well and only certain functions work on my kit. I've installed this kit three different times with three different radios. I'm debating buying a scoshe or maestro kit.
Only issue I have is outside temp doesn't work, shows - - -. And my rear defrost button I have to hit it 10+ times sometimes to get it to turn on.
2010 2SS/RS, XO Verona wheels, BC coilovers oem ZL1 bumper conversion Kenwood ddx9905s, maestro, Kenwood xr1s, xr4s, kappa 1200w,subs, Kenwood xr comps and rear deck speakers, long tubes, hf cats, speed secrets tune, custom exhaust, CAI, blacked out everything.
rotwiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:35 PM   #9
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzaV6 View Post
Had mine almost two years and none of those problems. I will say the unit doesn’t like to be manhandled and is a lot more fragile than stock and I broke the circuitboard when I did my initial install. I called customer service and they hooked me up.

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:12 AM   #10
imponte

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfdawg View Post
Where does the factory sound plug go? I have the BA system but I replaced the amp using the fark. So do I still hook it up to the amplified side on the PAC module? Or standard?
I posted this in another thread but go no responses.
I have exact same issue. How you solve this? Just plugged amplified sound hole and it working? I dont want run the cable. Just replace the amp with fark harness and using pac audio kit.
imponte is offline   Reply With Quote