Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2018, 08:35 AM   #85
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 14,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by bama_SS View Post
Thanks Ted. Do I get a discount on the fist tune if I order the tuner from you?
Our tuning program is the best in the business, you can read about it here.

https://jannettyracing.com/pages/jan...e-instructions
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 34 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:04 PM   #86
Blakester
 
Drives: 2010 1ss
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Colorado Springs co
Posts: 155
Ted. Can you give any info on the epa b.s. that i was reading in another thread?
Blakester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:39 PM   #87
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 14,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakester View Post
Ted. Can you give any info on the epa b.s. that i was reading in another thread?
I believe I addressed that in the other thread, you can ask your specific questions in that thread.

Ted.
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 34 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:55 AM   #88
Tooshay01
 
Drives: 2015 black camaro ss
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1
I want a tune for my 2015 camaro ss but I donít know where to start
Tooshay01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:56 AM   #89
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 14,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooshay01 View Post
I want a tune for my 2015 camaro ss but I donít know where to start
Be glad to help you and answer any of your questions you can start here

https://jannettyracing.com/products/sct-bdx-programmer
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 34 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:32 PM   #90
5thgencamaro2ss/rs
 
Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss w/rs package
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Arlington heights
Posts: 1
I purchased an SCT X4 Tuner from Texas speed performance. I tuned it after I put of a cold air intake from Roto-Fab. I took the speed limiter off, changed the fuel trim and bumped it up to around 2-4% to accommodate for the extra air the intake brings in, but I also thought that you can increase the rev limiter past 4000rpm. I double checked and it didnít give me any options to do so. How would I go about purchasing a revised tune? I know I would have to data log, but Iím not exactly sure how to get with the SCT. Also I adjusted the shift pressure to 25%(all the way) and Iím experiencing a weird delay when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear using the paddle shifters. If anyone can help me out and tell me where I can go about revising my tune I would appreciate it greatly👍🏻🇺🇸
5thgencamaro2ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:04 PM   #91
sehovarter
HomezSS
 
sehovarter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SS/RS Camaro, 2011 Silverado
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 75
Ted - I contacted you via facebook page, and at the time I was thinking about LT Headers and an X4 - but it looks like the HW mods will have to wait a year. I have a Diablo Intune I2, Cold Air inductions intake, and Borla Touring cat back with Magnaflow resonators between the cats and the mufflers. I live at ~6000 feet, and the L99 is a dog up here - what could I expect from a custom tune for the Diablo? I will most likely switch next year when i do headers (might throw in the Lingenfelter 3.70 rear end at the same time) - but am curious what my money will get me by customizing the Diablo (shifting, throttle response, others...) Let me know - thank you for all your input on this thread - very helpful and informative. lastly - your thoughts on Jet Hot coatings on LT headers - do you see any value in moving that heat out of the engine bay, or is that mostly hype, I have used exhaust wrap in the past and it really seems to work!!
__________________
HOMEZSS
2014 SS/RS, FR Style 41's, 20x10x4, Borla CatBack with Touring Mufflers w/Magnaflow Glasspacks, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Diablo 91 Octane Tune, Firm Shift, AFM off, BMR cradle inserts, trailing arms and toe links, 1LE/ZL1 Rear Sway Bar, JL Audio XD700/5 amp and 10 inch Sub, Focal PS 165K's, special wiring kit and amp board, and lots of dynamat (Amazon version) - Sounds GREAT, Runs Even Better!
sehovarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:30 AM   #92
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 14,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgencamaro2ss/rs View Post
I purchased an SCT X4 Tuner from Texas speed performance. I tuned it after I put of a cold air intake from Roto-Fab. I took the speed limiter off, changed the fuel trim and bumped it up to around 2-4% to accommodate for the extra air the intake brings in, but I also thought that you can increase the rev limiter past 4000rpm. I double checked and it didnít give me any options to do so. How would I go about purchasing a revised tune? I know I would have to data log, but Iím not exactly sure how to get with the SCT. Also I adjusted the shift pressure to 25%(all the way) and Iím experiencing a weird delay when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear using the paddle shifters. If anyone can help me out and tell me where I can go about revising my tune I would appreciate it greatly👍🏻🇺🇸
I promise you that you that your adjustments didn't help anything a full custom tune will transform your car.

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...une-click-here
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 34 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:34 AM   #93
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 14,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehovarter View Post
Ted - I contacted you via facebook page, and at the time I was thinking about LT Headers and an X4 - but it looks like the HW mods will have to wait a year. I have a Diablo Intune I2, Cold Air inductions intake, and Borla Touring cat back with Magnaflow resonators between the cats and the mufflers. I live at ~6000 feet, and the L99 is a dog up here - what could I expect from a custom tune for the Diablo? I will most likely switch next year when i do headers (might throw in the Lingenfelter 3.70 rear end at the same time) - but am curious what my money will get me by customizing the Diablo (shifting, throttle response, others...) Let me know - thank you for all your input on this thread - very helpful and informative. lastly - your thoughts on Jet Hot coatings on LT headers - do you see any value in moving that heat out of the engine bay, or is that mostly hype, I have used exhaust wrap in the past and it really seems to work!!
Send your stock tune files and all your vehicle info, mod list, octane burned and elevation to tedj@jannettyracing.com

Everyone wants to hear you will get X Horsepower from a tune it doesn't work that way, the gains are dependent on how far your mods threw the calibration off.

our tuning transforms your car in to the performance car you thought you bought.

High temp coatings are a very good investment and we recommend and do it on every car we build.

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...une-click-here
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 34 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:37 PM   #94
sehovarter
HomezSS
 
sehovarter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SS/RS Camaro, 2011 Silverado
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 75
Thanks Ted - I completely understand there is no "Magic HP" from any tune but that your "touch" will unlock the potential that GM had to throttle to achieve CAFE standards.
__________________
HOMEZSS
2014 SS/RS, FR Style 41's, 20x10x4, Borla CatBack with Touring Mufflers w/Magnaflow Glasspacks, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Diablo 91 Octane Tune, Firm Shift, AFM off, BMR cradle inserts, trailing arms and toe links, 1LE/ZL1 Rear Sway Bar, JL Audio XD700/5 amp and 10 inch Sub, Focal PS 165K's, special wiring kit and amp board, and lots of dynamat (Amazon version) - Sounds GREAT, Runs Even Better!
sehovarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:29 AM   #95
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 14,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehovarter View Post
Thanks Ted - I completely understand there is no "Magic HP" from any tune but that your "touch" will unlock the potential that GM had to throttle to achieve CAFE standards.
We certainly give you access to power that is there but hidden due to granny mode LOL

Ted.
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 34 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:34 PM   #96
OrLo1525
 
Drives: Chevy Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 1
I’m considering buying a used sct x4 tuner that is “unmarried “, idk what that means but anyways, should I be weary of buying a used one. Could I still get a custom tuned order, I’m in San Antonio, Texas. Thank you, I know this is an old thread...sorry
OrLo1525 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
handheld tuner, how to tune, tuning advice

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.