Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 10-31-2019, 09:50 AM   #1
havelegs

Drives: 2015 1SS RS L99
Drive cycle help

For a drive cycle you have to follow steps. But the problem I would have is after I idle for two and a half minutes or so, I have to hit 55mph. Well I can't do that on the street that I live on. I would have to drive a few miles to a highway. Would that make the drive cycle not complete?

Basically trying to figure out if you have to complete each step back to back with no gaps in time or milage.

Trying to get the evap into ready status, already attempted two drive cycles and drove already 300 miles. Not sure what to do here.
havelegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:34 AM   #2
larry_g

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
Gap in time/mileage is fine, the computer just needs to see each of those conditions before it's considered a full cycle. It could be looking for something like a certain amount of fuel in the tank or a refill before completely resetting the evap codes.
larry_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:07 AM   #3
havelegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_g View Post
Gap in time/mileage is fine, the computer just needs to see each of those conditions before it's considered a full cycle. It could be looking for something like a certain amount of fuel in the tank or a refill before completely resetting the evap codes.
Ok thank you. I know there is a pending/permanent code for the camshaft sensor. I had a cam swap and vvt was removed. I asked the tuner if this would prevent the evap from completing, he said no, hopefully that is true.

On the inspection report of shows the sensor as EGR/VVT, so I have no idea if that will ever complete but it shows on my scanner incomplete, along with evap system monitor. My tag expires today so I am getting frustrated.

I had to swap the tb last Tuesday because the tps went out as I was driving and engine went into limp mode. I swapped the tb and then cleared the codes. Probably a big mistake. But I honestly have no idea what the status of the monitors were prior.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:34 AM   #4
havelegs

Well I did another cycle, evap still in not complete. I don't understand why this is taking so long.

Again I'm not sure if the code p0010 in pending status is keeping the evap from completing.

Is there no way to force a ready status on the evap?
Old 11-01-2019, 05:44 PM   #5
havelegs

In the logs from OBD Link it shows that their were 12 evap has complete conditions, if I am reading this correctly. But, still shows a Red X in the Monitor Status report and says the vehicle is not ready for emissions testing.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Last edited by havelegs; 11-01-2019 at 07:29 PM.