Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-29-2019, 11:54 AM   #1
Reaper_HWK

Drives: None yet
Fair deal?

I have a deal lined up for a 2011 Camaro 2SS, 95k miles, generally good condition. 11k is what we agreed upon.

How are these engines at higher mileage? I'm going to be the 3rd owner, and probably be putting on 10k/yr. It's solid mechanically now.

I'm going to do some stuff to it like exhaust/intake, but nothing more than that and no racing.

Anything I should look for at final inspection? Common problems?

I know I'm getting ZL1 wheels though . It needs some minor TLC but stuff expected for it's age.
Reaper_HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:07 PM   #2
LuSINda

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Take it to a trusted mechanic and have it inspected. Around here a 2011 (even with those miles) would go for more than 11k.

Lusinda
2010 2SS/RS
LuSINda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:07 PM   #3
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Do you have any service records? How many oil changes has it had? My 10 year old SS with 58,000 miles
has had 15. How about this one? It's a good indication of how it was cared for.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:14 PM   #4
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper_HWK View Post
I have a deal lined up for a 2011 Camaro 2SS, 95k miles, generally good condition. 11k is what we agreed upon.

How are these engines at higher mileage? I'm going to be the 3rd owner, and probably be putting on 10k/yr. It's solid mechanically now.

I'm going to do some stuff to it like exhaust/intake, but nothing more than that and no racing.

Anything I should look for at final inspection? Common problems?

I know I'm getting ZL1 wheels though . It needs some minor TLC but stuff expected for it's age.
If it doesn’t have anything mechanically wrong and the body and paint are good I’d say that’s a great deal. I paid close to 18 for my ‘10 with around 50,000 miles last fall. My car is the one I was looking for for a while so I didn’t mind paying for what I wanted.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:20 PM   #5
Reaper_HWK

oil changes every 5k since he had it from 2015.

Also it's marked down because it needs all new wheels, they are trashed from curb rash (I don't know what happened there).
Old 04-29-2019, 12:21 PM   #6
Reaper_HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
If it doesn’t have anything mechanically wrong and the body and paint are good I’d say that’s a great deal. I paid close to 18 for my ‘10 with around 50,000 miles last fall. My car is the one I was looking for for a while so I didn’t mind paying for what I wanted.
Paint is not perfect. Has scratch on roof, some scratches on rear 1/4 panel, and some along the door. Small ding on door panel, and a small tear in the driver leather seat. Also like a mentioned the wheels are curb rashed to hell.

It's a driver. All it has aftermarket are tinted windows and a K&N intake, has stock exhaust. So that would be signs it wasn't "raced" I would think.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:28 PM   #7
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper_HWK View Post
.... So that would be signs it wasn't "raced" I would think.
Unless it was owned by someone that could not afford all the extras, and drove the car hard. Just saying, it could be that way, but if you get it checked out mechanically, and not leaking any oil, probably in great shape for a great price.

If the scratches are not through the paint, may be able to buff them out. And getting a seat repaired isn't that much. Sounds like a great deal.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote