Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #57
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
I daily drive a 2005 Ford Focus S. So, when I get into my 2LT, RACE CAR.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #58
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP Valentino View Post
Just be glad you don't have Toyota Pickup Trucks or Volvo Wagons trying to race you on the city streets like I had happen to me.

I can only speak for the toyota pickup part, as I had a modded tacoma that would consistantly smoke alot of things out there you would normally think it would lose to. Sprint booster,small tune, doug thorleys, and some small bolt ons for that tacoma would beat a v6 camaro. so maybe they modded and are constantly testing against you? The same as the v6 owners like to test in the OP's example. I have had this happen to myself more then once like the OP with my current camaro(modded 2ss),but why bother, however I wish I had my 4x4 tacoma back to make an example of them lol

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #59
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
I can only speak for the toyota pickup part, as I had a modded tacoma that would consistantly smoke alot of things out there you would normally think it would lose to. Sprint booster,small tune, doug thorleys, and some small bolt ons for that tacoma would beat a v6 camaro. so maybe they modded and are constantly testing against you? The same as the v6 owners like to test in the OP's example. I have had this happen to myself more then once like the OP with my current camaro(modded 2ss),but why bother, however I wish I had my 4x4 tacoma back to make an example of them lol
Well if this is modified then I would let him beat me. Because this was the style of truck that tried to race me.
Attached Images

DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #60
TXLS3

Drives: 11' 2ss/rs ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
Ha, I think you might be surprised how many people run 87 in there SS, or just never did the fuse pull after dealer put cheap gas in. I'm talking about the real world, not just the people on a camaro forum. Most people think these are just cars, they put cheap gas in them and drive them.. that's it.

And I'm not delusional, I don't think my v6 is as fast as the v8. I'm just a realist and know how fast both are. Your not driving a supercar, even though we treat them like one!
Get back on your meds. One is over a second in a half faster iin the 1/4 mile.. Care to think about how far ahead they would be after a mile? Or a few laps ? It's is night and day .. Over 100 hp. It's ok man I was delusional too, it usually doesn't last forever. The light will come on one day.. Hopefully

TCS keeps the tires from spinning... And are you seriously doing burn outs in other people's cars?
TXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:26 PM   #61
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLS3 View Post
Get back on your meds. One is over a second in a half faster iin the 1/4 mile.. Care to think about how far ahead they would be after a mile? Or a few laps ? It's is night and day .. Over 100 hp. It's ok man I was delusional too, it usually doesn't last forever. The light will come on one day.. Hopefully

TCS keeps the tires from spinning... And are you seriously doing burn outs in other people's cars?
You need to get ON your meds. He stated his opinion. He also stated clearly that as anyone with a rudimentary understanding of math can attest, the SS is faster then the V6. Just because he says he doesn't feel the difference that much does not mean it isn't there.

Seriously, what's in the fumes of the SS that makes you all so damned agitated all the time?
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #62
TXLS3

Drives: 11' 2ss/rs ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
You guys drive manuals, I'm comparing my Automatic to a V8 Automatic.. the V8 autos I've driven won't even burn the tires, maybe they would be way faster with proper gas and fuse pull. It's not delusion that the tires don't spin lol just doesn't feel night and day to me sorry.. maybe i AM delusional!

I also said in town 60mph and below. I've never had an ss on the highway I'm sure they would run away there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
You need to get ON your meds. He stated his opinion. He also stated clearly that as anyone with a rudimentary understanding of math can attest, the SS is faster then the V6. Just because he says he doesn't feel the difference that much does not mean it isn't there.

Seriously, what's in the fumes of the SS that makes you all so damned agitated all the time?
You said it yourself.
TXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #63
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:

Yeah I've mastered the tc button after two years of driving one, and no burnouts just healthy acceleration.

I've only driven L99 autos for brake jobs and alignments and such, I've yet to ever see a LS3 come in.. just college kids and ladies that are not car people. And manuals different story, I could drop the clutch on any manual and roast tires lol hell my 97 Camaro 3.8L 5speed would light up the tires no problem and it was slow as hell.

Don't get me wrong I love V8 camaros! All camaros even a 4 cylinder turbo.. just giving an opinion.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #64
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Quote:
You said it yourself.
Did you actually read my post or did you quote the first thing that lined up with yours?

And yes, you can do burnouts on a V6. You can do burnouts on a bloody big wheels.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #65

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS 6A
Quote:

What is a "fuse pull" after cheap gas ?

And my manual said to run 87 in my V6, but premium in the V8 that I don't have. Do people run premium in their V6 stock ?
191185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:44 PM   #66
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 191185 View Post

And my manual said to run 87 in my V6, but premium in the V8 that I don't have. Do people run premium in their V6 stock ?
Mine only gets 93, and has since I got it. There's a benefit but it's not enough for everyone.

Yeah, I could understand the SS hype stock vs stock (I test drove both an L99 and an LS3 before I got my car) but my car pulls quite nicely now and was way cheaper to mod than an SS would have been, and I'm sure that a TT kit won't make me slower...
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:14 PM   #67
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
In the early SS Camaros, the fuel tables would kick down when you put in low quality gas but wouldn't kick back up when you put in premium. to reset the car to the premium fuel tables you pull two fuses and let the car sit for a while. most dealers put 87 octane in the cars while they are being test driven so when you bought one it came stuck at the low quality fuel tables which pulls power from the car. when I did the fuse pull my car went from not being able to chirp a tire to putting on a full production if i punch it from a light. The previous owner must have driven it on the lower table for a year without ever seeing what she could really do.
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #68

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS 6A
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolltideSS View Post
In the early SS Camaros, the fuel tables would kick down when you put in low quality gas but wouldn't kick back up when you put in premium. to reset the car to the premium fuel tables you pull two fuses and let the car sit for a while. most dealers put 87 octane in the cars while they are being test driven so when you bought one it came stuck at the low quality fuel tables which pulls power from the car. when I did the fuse pull my car went from not being able to chirp a tire to putting on a full production if i punch it from a light. The previous owner must have driven it on the lower table for a year without ever seeing what she could really do.

I have a 2010 V6, any benefit for me doing a fuse pull, and using only premium from now on ? or was it only really on the V8's ?
191185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #69
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
I have a 2010 V6, any benefit for me doing a fuse pull, and using only premium from now on ? or was it only really on the V8's ?

As far as I know it's one of those things that was unique to the V8s
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #70
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP Valentino View Post
Well if this is modified then I would let him beat me. Because this was the style of truck that tried to race me.

Oh I digress... Definitly not the tacoma I was referencing lol. Now your story is beyond comical after seeing that

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote