Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-30-2015, 09:15 PM   #281
ZO6 Bryan

Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Just got a dashlogic v 1.21 But the config utility will not connect. Is it because I am using Windows 10?
Old 10-31-2015, 07:44 AM   #282
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6 Bryan View Post
Just got a dashlogic v 1.21 But the config utility will not connect. Is it because I am using Windows 10?
Works on my windows 10 laptop.

You have the selector moved all the way over to config in the device?

Try a different cord to connect to the laptop maybe?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:12 AM   #283
ZO6 Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Works on my windows 10 laptop.

You have the selector moved all the way over to config in the device?

Try a different cord to connect to the laptop maybe?
Yep, it was the cord. Tried another and it works.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:38 PM   #284
ZO6 Bryan

So does this thing support WiFi? There is a WiFi symbol on it but I don't find any info that it is a feature.
Also is there a way to configure to show SES codes?
Old 10-31-2015, 11:27 PM   #285
dtwolcot2

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
I use it and I'm undecided on whether I like it or not. I like it so I can monitor IAT and KR and it does work. Just not all the time. It shows up all the time on the HUD, but freezes at times, on DIC about 10% of the time it works. Usually just blank. All the other menus work though. I liked it for opening and closing the exhaust, but with the exhaust open it would randomly close for a second or two and open back up. Sounded really weird when accelerating and it opens and closes on you with headers and no cats. I think it just has too many bugs
Old 11-01-2015, 04:23 AM   #286
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwolcot2 View Post
I use it and I'm undecided on whether I like it or not. I like it so I can monitor IAT and KR and it does work. Just not all the time. It shows up all the time on the HUD, but freezes at times, on DIC about 10% of the time it works. Usually just blank. All the other menus work though. I liked it for opening and closing the exhaust, but with the exhaust open it would randomly close for a second or two and open back up. Sounded really weird when accelerating and it opens and closes on you with headers and no cats. I think it just has too many bugs
I'm one of the early users and have monitored a lot of posts about this product since, many have involved freezing problems but this is the first one that has mentioned any problem with NPP opening & closing. I still use v1.15 as it was the last version just for '10-'13s as there was a major version change after v1.15 to support the '14 and up Mylinks. I've tried every version since v1.15 and have had freezing problems but never NPP control problems. Could be you actually have a bad unit? If you bought it new I would ask for a replacement one.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:48 AM   #287
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
I'm one of the early users and have monitored a lot of posts about this product since, many have involved freezing problems but this is the first one that has mentioned any problem with NPP opening & closing. I still use v1.15 as it was the last version just for '10-'13s as there was a major version change after v1.15 to support the '14 and up Mylinks. I've tried every version since v1.15 and have had freezing problems but never NPP control problems. Could be you actually have a bad unit? If you bought it new I would ask for a replacement one.
My unit does some strange things with the NPP exhaust as well.

It's my understanding when you start the car (cruise control off) the exhaust should be in factory mode and stay in factory mode until you engage the cruise control button. Correct? Well about 25% of the time my car will start up in factory mode. The other 75% it starts up in either quiet or power mode. Mostly power mode. The only way to get back to factory mode is to pull the unit from the ODBII port. My unit came with version 1.18 and is currently at 1.21
Old 11-01-2015, 09:25 AM   #288
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
My unit does some strange things with the NPP exhaust as well.

It's my understanding when you start the car (cruise control off) the exhaust should be in factory mode and stay in factory mode until you engage the cruise control button. Correct? Well about 25% of the time my car will start up in factory mode. The other 75% it starts up in either quiet or power mode. Mostly power mode. The only way to get back to factory mode is to pull the unit from the ODBII port. My unit came with version 1.18 and is currently at 1.21
Sorry but I don't understand this "factory mode" stuff with the Dashlogic unit.

With the unit plugged in there are only two options. Quite mode(NPP closed).....cruise control on......Power mode(NPP open)....this is no "factory mode" when you have the Dashlogic unit plugged in...

Factory mode open and closes around 3000rpm.....none of this is happening when you have the unit plugged in to my knowledge.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:19 PM   #289
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Sorry but I don't understand this "factory mode" stuff with the Dashlogic unit.

With the unit plugged in there are only two options. Quite mode(NPP closed).....cruise control on......Power mode(NPP open)....this is no "factory mode" when you have the Dashlogic unit plugged in...

Factory mode open and closes around 3000rpm.....none of this is happening when you have the unit plugged in to my knowledge.
On my car using Dashlogic v1.15 the exhaust at startup depends on what the setting was when it was last shutoff.

If the setting when last shut off was Power Mode/Open then it starts in FACTORY mode (open up to 1,000rpm then close until 3,000rpm then open)

If the setting when last shut off was Quiet Mode/Closed (cruise control icon lit) then it starts in Quiet Mode/Closed (cruise control icon still lit at startup)
Old 11-01-2015, 03:01 PM   #290
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
On my car using Dashlogic v1.15 the exhaust at startup depends on what the setting was when it was last shutoff.

If the setting when last shut off was Power Mode/Open then it starts in FACTORY mode (open up to 1,000rpm then close until 3,000rpm then open)

If the setting when last shut off was Quiet Mode/Closed (cruise control icon lit) then it starts in Quiet Mode/Closed (cruise control icon still lit at startup)
Interesting....

I think I need to have someone rev the engine and test this out while I'm staring at the flaps inside the tail pipes.....
Old 11-01-2015, 09:21 PM   #291
dtwolcot2

Quote:
I did buy it new and I've tried different updates with the same results. I even had an issue updating it. It wouldn't recognize the device was plugged into the computer. So I installed the software again same version and it worked. I've got no clue. i do love to be able to see my IAT and KR on my HUD though so I guess I will keep it. I needed up just pulling the fuse for the exhaust so I don't have to worry about it randomly opening and closing the exhaust.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:33 PM   #292
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:

This is how I understood it to work unless a change was made in versions after 1.15.

My issues is that when I shut the car off in power mode, it will often remain in power mode at the next start. But that's not 100% consistent. Sometimes it will start in factory mode and sometimes it will start in quiet mode.

The way I know it's still in power mode is the exhaust burping and farting from the clutch fuel cutoff during lower gear shifts is way more pronounced when the flaps are open.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:55 AM   #293
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwolcot2 View Post
I did buy it new and I've tried different updates with the same results. I even had an issue updating it. It wouldn't recognize the device was plugged into the computer. So I installed the software again same version and it worked. I've got no clue. i do love to be able to see my IAT and KR on my HUD though so I guess I will keep it. I needed up just pulling the fuse for the exhaust so I don't have to worry about it randomly opening and closing the exhaust.
If you've had issues updating it along with the exhaust control condition you described then it really sounds like it could be a bad unit. One other thought ...is the unit plugged directly into the obd2 port or thru a harness? If thru a harness maybe the harness is causing the condition.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:16 PM   #294
dtwolcot2

Quote:
If you've had issues updating it along with the exhaust control condition you described then it really sounds like it could be a bad unit. One other thought ...is the unit plugged directly into the obd2 port or thru a harness? If thru a harness maybe the harness is causing the condition.
Plugged directly into the port