Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-23-2017, 11:12 AM   #1
d-mob

Drives: Zl1
** Build update **

Hello everyone.

I just ordered a few parts and I would like your feedback on my build plan.

Ordered parts:
Afco heat exchanger with dual fans.
D3 Reservior
Slp 160 thermostat
Ngk tr7 ix spark plugs
Kooks LT headers 1 7/8 without cats

Soon to be ordered:
Upper pulley with a solid isolator, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, heavy duty belt.(might order a Metco 2.4 upper pulley size but not sure which size I should go with)
Id850 injectors.
Mild 2 wild or forza controller (not sure which one I should go with)
Street tune.
A good set of tires to handle the power and still be daily used.( might go with Toyo r888 or Mickey Thompson semi slicks in the back and for the front thinking of Bridgestone or Pirelli p zero) please advise.

What do u guys think I should add? Bare in mind the car will be used at least 3 days a week as a daily driver and planning to add a cam in the future but not any time soon.

Your feedback and comments are always appreciated.
Many thanks
d-mob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:27 AM   #2
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
You should honestly contact Ted at JRE. His 125rwhp is what your after and he can take care of your tune as well.

Just my .02
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:56 AM   #3
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Look at his location, long trip to Connecticut.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:58 AM   #4
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
Look at his location, long trip to Connecticut.
Do the install yourself like I did and remote tune....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:09 PM   #5
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-mob View Post
Hello everyone.

I just ordered a few parts and I would like your feedback on my build plan.

Ordered parts:
D3 Reservior
Slp 160 thermostat
Ngk tr7 ix spark plugs
CAI if you don't already have one on the car.
Upper pulley with a solid isolator, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, heavy duty belt.(might order a Metco 2.55 upper pulley size but not sure which size I should go with)
Catch can.
Pull NNP fuse.
Street tune.

Tires BFG'S Comp 2 A/S

Your feedback and comments are always appreciated.
Many thanks
You would have been better off going with a stage 1 kit and building from that platform...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:15 PM   #6
d-mob

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
You would have been better off going with a stage 1 kit and building from that platform...
thanks for your feedback, the car currently has an Air aid CAI installed, I just ordered another filter as the previous owner installed the CAI quite sometime ago.
I really don't want to pull the fuse out because I need the car to sound normal or close to stock when it's not revved above 3500 rpm. that's why I wanted to go with the mild 2 wild as oppose to pulling the NPP fuse out.
in terms of a street tune I live in United arab emirates (Abu Dhabi) so I'm a long way from JRE.
in terms of tires, the BF Goodrich you recommended are all season tires.
I live in a very hot climate country , I don't know if these tires will not be my best option, or I might go with a toyo r888 or m/t et street ss on the rear and get Pirelli p 0 for the front tires .
Old 01-24-2017, 06:27 PM   #7
NVERL8TE

Drives: 1967 Camaro BBC, 2014 Camaro ZL1
I have the Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers and cat delete on my car with the stock NPP exhaust. I'd personally leave the fuse in and its perfect without any control boxes, near stock sounding when cruising and will wake the dead when WOT.
NVERL8TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:03 PM   #8
d-mob

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVERL8TE View Post
I have the Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers and cat delete on my car with the stock NPP exhaust. I'd personally leave the fuse in and its perfect without any control boxes, near stock sounding when cruising and will wake the dead when WOT.
Thanx for the info, what about tires? What would you recommend ?
Old 01-24-2017, 10:34 PM   #9
d454brisson

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Since you are so far away I would do lower pulleys not upper. Easier to do, no pressing involved, no cracking into blower. Easy to step up or down
d454brisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:26 AM   #10
winterboy8

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Blue Velvet Metallic
Not a large enough increase in power, no need for cooler plugs. Per NGK, for every 75-100 hp increase go 1 step cooler than stock. That is for a normal engine, for boosted engines, an increase in boost would also drive a colder plug.

https://www.ngk.com/learning-center/...or---do-i-need

Colder plug without increase in hp/boost is not good for your engine either. Here's another article from NGK that has a long list of improper temp plugs can lead to.

https://www.ngksparkplugs.com/about-...rk-plug-basics
Old 01-25-2017, 10:54 AM   #11
dtwolcot2

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
I would suggest to Forza 3 way controller for the exhaust. Stock, closed all the time, and open all the time. I love the closed option as it doesn't draw as much attention even when driving hard and if I get a wild hair I can wake up the whole town. I have headers and no cats so it's really loud at wot and exhaust open.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #12
d-mob

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterboy8 View Post
Not a large enough increase in power, no need for cooler plugs. Per NGK, for every 75-100 hp increase go 1 step cooler than stock. That is for a normal engine, for boosted engines, an increase in boost would also drive a colder plug.

https://www.ngk.com/learning-center/...or---do-i-need

Colder plug without increase in hp/boost is not good for your engine either. Here's another article from NGK that has a long list of improper temp plugs can lead to.

https://www.ngksparkplugs.com/about-...rk-plug-basics
Thanks for the info brother, I contacted NGk and as informed them about my build and they said that as long as I'm changing the upper pulley to increase boost I shouldn't have any problems using the tr7ix spark plugs up they did advise me to make the gap 0.036.