Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2019, 02:25 PM   #421
1LEANSS
 
Drives: Chevy Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: TN
Posts: 5
Good afternoon Ted,

I have had a 2013 SS 1LE Camaro for a couple of years now, but just became a member of the Camaro5 community today, as I saw this post and wanted to get your expert opinion on the mods that I want to do this fall.

Currently my car has GMPP Z28 CAI, Stainless Power 1 7/8 long tube headers with high flow cats, Vmax ported throttle body and Granatelli spark plugs wires. I also have a LS9 cam, 160 thermostat, NGK TR6 plugs, ARP head bolts, LS9 head gaskets that aren't on the car yet. I am looking to add ATI super damper, GMPP LS9 CNC ported heads and a Magnuson Heartbeat supercharger kit in the next few months.

I am hoping to make 600 rwhp, but driveability/durability is important to me, which is why I picked the cam and heads. I know there are ones out there that make a lot more power, but these seemed like a good option and were priced less than some of the aftermarket stuff to boot.

Based on what info I see on other posts the headers (and probably ported heads) lower the boost a couple of pounds and I think I would feel safe with 8 PSI (instead of 6 PSI with stock pulley), so was going to use a 3.4 inch pulley with my setup. Does that sound about right to you?

From what I have read the car should already have a ZL1 fuel pump, but sounds like I need an updated FPCM and probably larger injectors. Is the FPCM you sell similar to the ADM one that I see mentioned in other posts?

For my CAI I don't believe that will work with the SC where the throttle body moves over to the drivers side. I see that Rotofab makes a kit for this supercharger and also just sells the plastic tube (if case you already have their CAI). I don't know if I could use that tube with my CAI, or if I would have to buy the Rotofab kit and sell my CAI. You don't sell a tube that would allow me to use my Z28 CAI intake with the heartbeat supercharger do you?

I have a shop in mind with a dyno that does HP tuning about 75 miles away that I was going to bring the car to after the parts are installed, but do need a base tune to get the car running safely so that I can get it down to them. Is this something you would be able to provide? I have a Diablosport intune i2 tuner if you can write a tune that I can use with it.

Lastly is there anything else you think I would need for my setup? I did notice in a few posts about the valve cover breather, but not sure that would work 1LE PCV oil seperator that is on the car.

Thank you for your time,

Don
1LEANSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:37 PM   #422
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 14,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEANSS View Post
Good afternoon Ted,

I have had a 2013 SS 1LE Camaro for a couple of years now, but just became a member of the Camaro5 community today, as I saw this post and wanted to get your expert opinion on the mods that I want to do this fall.

Currently my car has GMPP Z28 CAI, Stainless Power 1 7/8 long tube headers with high flow cats, Vmax ported throttle body and Granatelli spark plugs wires. I also have a LS9 cam, 160 thermostat, NGK TR6 plugs, ARP head bolts, LS9 head gaskets that aren't on the car yet. I am looking to add ATI super damper, GMPP LS9 CNC ported heads and a Magnuson Heartbeat supercharger kit in the next few months.

I am hoping to make 600 rwhp, but driveability/durability is important to me, which is why I picked the cam and heads. I know there are ones out there that make a lot more power, but these seemed like a good option and were priced less than some of the aftermarket stuff to boot.

Based on what info I see on other posts the headers (and probably ported heads) lower the boost a couple of pounds and I think I would feel safe with 8 PSI (instead of 6 PSI with stock pulley), so was going to use a 3.4 inch pulley with my setup. Does that sound about right to you?

From what I have read the car should already have a ZL1 fuel pump, but sounds like I need an updated FPCM and probably larger injectors. Is the FPCM you sell similar to the ADM one that I see mentioned in other posts?

For my CAI I don't believe that will work with the SC where the throttle body moves over to the drivers side. I see that Rotofab makes a kit for this supercharger and also just sells the plastic tube (if case you already have their CAI). I don't know if I could use that tube with my CAI, or if I would have to buy the Rotofab kit and sell my CAI. You don't sell a tube that would allow me to use my Z28 CAI intake with the heartbeat supercharger do you?

I have a shop in mind with a dyno that does HP tuning about 75 miles away that I was going to bring the car to after the parts are installed, but do need a base tune to get the car running safely so that I can get it down to them. Is this something you would be able to provide? I have a Diablosport intune i2 tuner if you can write a tune that I can use with it.

Lastly is there anything else you think I would need for my setup? I did notice in a few posts about the valve cover breather, but not sure that would work 1LE PCV oil seperator that is on the car.

Thank you for your time,

Don
Hello Don,

You will need an updated FSCM ours works great.

Not likely you will need a 3.4 pulley for 8 psi the 3.6 should do it with the heartbeat.

I can provide you with the heart beat and a perfect tune no dyno needed via Either SCT or HPtuners, sell off your current tuner.

Call me when you are ready, I will be happy to answer all your questions, set you up with a Heartbeat and all the supporting mods and tuning equipment. 203-753-7223
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 33 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:27 PM   #423
1LEANSS
 
Drives: Chevy Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: TN
Posts: 5
Ted,

Can I use the injectors that come with SC kit or will I need to get different ones? I believe the complete kit comes with a SCT tuner, if so I will be all set in that regard for the tune. The last piece of the puzzle will be the CAI, but if I have to sell mine and buy the Rotofab one not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I will call you when the time comes.

Thank you for your help Ted.
1LEANSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:54 PM   #424
Vanishing Point
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, LSX, 4L80E
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: DFW
Posts: 33
Ted, thanks for volunteering. Ive got a 2011 2SS, forged 409 LSX, 4L80E, upgraded shaft, rear end, E85, triple pumps, big injectors, meth inj., upgraded pulleys...and an undersized E-Force pushing 15lbs maxed. Has me at 719rwhp. It’s time for a bigger blower.

Thing is its a convertible, pleasure car. Read more open to sound, and more important to avoid it. Never tracked as most require a roll cage and that ain’t happening. Driven it across country, driven it to work on good weather days only, grocery getter, etc. Do some roll racing and just generally drive the shit out of it. I use all I’ve got on the streets and highways and need more. Got a quietish Magnaflow 3” exhaust system on her. Could be mean as hell sounding but kept it quiet as I want to be able to start it at 6 in the morning or whenever I feel like without having the neighbors call the cops, want to have a conversation, hear music, drive residential, etc. Of course its loud, but manageable. More like a deep bass window shaker that you feel, rather than a raspy growl.

So with wanting to keep the sound manageable, I’m a bit concerned that an upgraded blower could make it much louder. I hate that constant sound of a vacuum cleaner or industrial fan some cars have. I dont mind hearing a blower but just not unbearably so. I don’t really hear the Eforce at all. So I can’t imagine a larger Eforce pushing just over 20 pounds would be suddenly unbearably loud.

My minimum without question for a blower upgrade is 1000rwhp. I don’t want to exceed 1500rwhp. It would probably be nice to land in the middle. But if I get the right blower I can adjust it to any point within that range. I MIGHT be happy at 1K. If I got say, an F1X, I could start there and work my way up till I was happy. BUT, that could be too loud in exchange for all that power. I’ve heard some real annoying blowers (including twin turbos) especially at low speed or idle, it’s the dominating sound over everything else. Like you want to find the switch to turn off the shop vac.

I think a possible solution to all of these issues is a new roots blower with the Eaton 2650 blades. I guess Magnuson, Harrop, and Edelbrock are building their own blower systems around those blades. You might have noticed a thread (Maggie 2650?) where a Maggie rep said, there is none developed, nor does he really have any idea when an under the hood 2650 Maggie would be developed for 5th gen Camaros, even though they made them for 6th gen and other makes/models. So I guess that option is out. On the same thread, there is a guy who is currently getting an under hood Harrop 2650 installed in his 5th Gen Camaro. I’m really anxious to see his results. I see you don’t deal with the Harrop Aussies.

So my question is:
1. What do you know about the Edelbrock 2650? Will it fit my car (under hood). I have a ZL1 hood. I wouldn’t be opposed to get a new custom hood with a larger cowl. Just no cutting an open hole with those Maggie throttle bodies sticking out of it.

2. If it will fit my car, any idea on how much power it would make? I know the top end (1250 - 1500) of that range isn’t even a consideration. But I would consider going with a unit capable of as little as 1000rwhp max if it makes a huge difference in sound. Have you installed or seen one installed and familiar with its output?

3. I’ve got wide open ears for any other input you want to offer up concerning my goals.


Even if you’ve got nothing, I should pay you for reading and considering all of this.
Sincere Thanks up front.

Last edited by Vanishing Point; 07-20-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Vanishing Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:55 AM   #425
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 14,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEANSS View Post
Ted,

Can I use the injectors that come with SC kit or will I need to get different ones? I believe the complete kit comes with a SCT tuner, if so I will be all set in that regard for the tune. The last piece of the puzzle will be the CAI, but if I have to sell mine and buy the Rotofab one not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I will call you when the time comes.

Thank you for your help Ted.
The injectors that come in the kit are limited to 560 RWHP so you will need ID1050X injectors.

Ted.
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 33 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:04 AM   #426
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 14,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
Ted, thanks for volunteering. Ive got a 2011 2SS, forged 409 LSX, 4L80E, upgraded shaft, rear end, E85, triple pumps, big injectors, meth inj., upgraded pulleys...and an undersized E-Force pushing 15lbs maxed. Has me at 719rwhp. It’s time for a bigger blower.

Thing is its a convertible, pleasure car. Read more open to sound, and more important to avoid it. Never tracked as most require a roll cage and that ain’t happening. Driven it across country, driven it to work on good weather days only, grocery getter, etc. Do some roll racing and just generally drive the shit out of it. I use all I’ve got on the streets and highways and need more. Got a quietish Magnaflow 3” exhaust system on her. Could be mean as hell sounding but kept it quiet as I want to be able to start it at 6 in the morning or whenever I feel like without having the neighbors call the cops, want to have a conversation, hear music, drive residential, etc. Of course its loud, but manageable. More like a deep bass window shaker that you feel, rather than a raspy growl.

So with wanting to keep the sound manageable, I’m a bit concerned that an upgraded blower could make it much louder. I hate that constant sound of a vacuum cleaner or industrial fan some cars have. I dont mind hearing a blower but just not unbearably so. I don’t really hear the Eforce at all. So I can’t imagine a larger Eforce pushing just over 20 pounds would be suddenly unbearably loud.

My minimum without question for a blower upgrade is 1000rwhp. I don’t want to exceed 1500rwhp. It would probably be nice to land in the middle. But if I get the right blower I can adjust it to any point within that range. I MIGHT be happy at 1K. If I got say, an F1X, I could start there and work my way up till I was happy. BUT, that could be too loud in exchange for all that power. I’ve heard some real annoying blowers (including twin turbos) especially at low speed or idle, it’s the dominating sound over everything else. Like you want to find the switch to turn off the shop vac.

I think a possible solution to all of these issues is a new roots blower with the Eaton 2650 blades. I guess Magnuson, Harrop, and Eaton are building their own blower systems around those blades. You might have noticed a thread (Maggie 2650?) where a Maggie rep said, there is none developed, nor does he really have any idea when an under the hood 2650 Maggie would be developed for 5th gen Camaros, even though they made them for 6th gen and other makes/models. So I guess that option is out. On the same thread, there is a guy who is currently getting an under hood Harrop 2650 installed in his 5th Gen Camaro. I’m really anxious to see his results. I see you don’t deal with the Harrop Aussies.

So my question is:
1. What do you know about the Eaton 2650? Will it fit my car (under hood). I have a ZL1 hood. I wouldn’t be opposed to get a new custom hood with a larger cowl. Just no cutting an open hole with those Maggie throttle bodies sticking out of it.

2. If it will fit my car, any idea on how much power it would make? I know the top end (1250 - 1500) of that range isn’t even a consideration. But I would consider going with a unit capable of as little as 1000rwhp max if it makes a huge difference in sound. Have you installed or seen one installed and familiar with its output?

3. I’ve got wide open ears for any other input you want to offer up concerning my goals.


Even if you’ve got nothing, I should pay you for reading and considering all of this.
Sincere Thanks up front.
We like the Whipple Gen3 we built 2 similar cars both made 890 RWHP

https://www.facebook.com/jannettyrac...1478962277814/

To Reach your goal of 1000+ RWHP you will have to move in to either a 2650 or Whipple 4.5

We just had a Whipple 4.5 Chrysler 300 with a 427 make 1018 RWHP through an auto.

Cutting of the cowl and hood will likely be necessary in either case.
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 33 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:39 AM   #427
Vanishing Point
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, LSX, 4L80E
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: DFW
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
We like the Whipple Gen3 we built 2 similar cars both made 890 RWHP

https://www.facebook.com/jannettyrac...1478962277814/

To Reach your goal of 1000+ RWHP you will have to move in to either a 2650 or Whipple 4.5

We just had a Whipple 4.5 Chrysler 300 with a 427 make 1018 RWHP through an auto.

Cutting of the cowl and hood will likely be necessary in either case.

Ted,

Thanks for your input. That’s why I haven’t been considering a Whipple. They’re too tall. Same reason I counted out the only offering from Magnuson that could possibly work otherwise. I would rather go roots (like Edelbrock or Harrop that actually fit underhood) , centrifugal or TT, all of which can be done under hood. While the towers through the hood are fine at the track, it’s less preferable for a road car, in my humble opinion.

Seems as if you skipped #1 and #2 and went for #3 only. Hey, anything at all is appreciated, but just to clarify, is that a no, you don’t have any familiarity with the Edelbrock 2650? or additional info on the Magnuson 2650 or Harrop 2650 that could be useful?

Thanks again

Last edited by Vanishing Point; 07-20-2019 at 09:00 AM.
Vanishing Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:41 AM   #428
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 14,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
Ted,

Thanks for your input. That’s why I haven’t been considering a Whipple. They’re too tall. I would rather go roots, centrifugal or TT, all of which can be done under hood. While the towers through the hood are fine at the track, it’s less preferable for a road car, in my humble opinion.

So is that a no, you don’t have any familiarity with the 2650?
My Vortech YSI car makes 1106 at the tire through an unlocked 5500 converter.
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 33 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:06 AM   #429
Vanishing Point
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, LSX, 4L80E
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: DFW
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
My Vortech YSI car makes 1106 at the tire through an unlocked 5500 converter.
Congratulations. I’m sure you’re proud of her.

We skipped #1 and #2 again. And again went to #3, if you are indeed recommending your blower instead of just sharing what you have. That’s ok. I think I see now the answer to #1 and #2 is no familiarity at all. As far as the possible second #3 input, Yeah there are lots of centrifugal choices to put me in that power range as well as TTs. But if we are going to jump to #3, perhaps some input on the consideration of my concern for sound, perhaps a comparison between the units would have been helpful. But that’s ok too. I’m sure you have your hands busy with a lot of folks who find you helpful.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Vanishing Point; 07-20-2019 at 10:46 AM.
Vanishing Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:41 AM   #430
Beefsquatch
 
Beefsquatch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS3 camaro
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 76
Hi Ted.


How much boost would I be seeing at 6800 RPM with stock ECS pullies on the 1500SL kit with a 10% UD?


Other mods in sig.



My goal is only 8-10lbs.



Essentially trying to see if i should sell this BNIB balancer for the original diameter.
__________________
2010 Camaro SS M6: CCP Jam Cam. Speed Engineering 1 7/8 LTs. Catless. CAI intake. Elite Engineering Catch Can. Trunion Bushing upgrade. Tuned by EFX Tuning. MT street comps 275/305. R1 concepts slotted rotors. BMR 1/1.2 springs/trailing arms. Z/28 Reps.

Last edited by Beefsquatch; 07-21-2019 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Spelling/Format
Beefsquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:39 AM   #431
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 14,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
Hi Ted.

How much boost would I be seeing at 6800 RPM with stock ECS pullies on the 1500SL kit with a 10% UD?

Other mods in sig.

My goal is only 8-10lbs.

Essentially trying to see if i should sell this BNIB balancer for the original diameter.
You have to many mods to predict your boost effectively.

You would have to remove any underdrive pulley and replace it with the factory or like sized aftermarket crank pulley.

Ted.
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 33 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:54 AM   #432
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 14,517
Quote:
So my question is:
1. What do you know about the Edelbrock 2650? Will it fit my car (under hood). I have a ZL1 hood. I wouldn’t be opposed to get a new custom hood with a larger cowl. Just no cutting an open hole with those Maggie throttle bodies sticking out of it.

2. If it will fit my car, any idea on how much power it would make? I know the top end (1250 - 1500) of that range isn’t even a consideration. But I would consider going with a unit capable of as little as 1000rwhp max if it makes a huge difference in sound. Have you installed or seen one installed and familiar with its output?

3. I’ve got wide open ears for any other input you want to offer up concerning my goals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
Congratulations. I’m sure you’re proud of her.

We skipped #1 and #2 again. And again went to #3, if you are indeed recommending your blower instead of just sharing what you have. That’s ok. I think I see now the answer to #1 and #2 is no familiarity at all. As far as the possible second #3 input, Yeah there are lots of centrifugal choices to put me in that power range as well as TTs. But if we are going to jump to #3, perhaps some input on the consideration of my concern for sound, perhaps a comparison between the units would have been helpful. But that’s ok too. I’m sure you have your hands busy with a lot of folks who find you helpful.

Thanks for your time.

Sorry I was just a little bit busy at the moment didn't mean to be short with you.

1) The Edebrock 2650 is the same rotor set that comes in the ZR-1, Magnuson 2650, Demon, Harrop, and others, the difference being packaging.

I may not have received the Memo but to my knowledge Edelbrock does not make a 2650 for the Gen5 Camaro, which is the reason I skipped over it.

2) See 1.

3) I believe you will have to visit other options Like Twin Turbos, The AGP systems are able to reach all of your criteria without issue.

And As I said the vortech YSI with custom mods has no problem

Procharger F1a94 is a great option.

I would be happy to provide the parts and advice you need to reach your goals.

Ted.
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 33 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:14 PM   #433
Vanishing Point
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, LSX, 4L80E
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: DFW
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Sorry I was just a little bit busy at the moment didn't mean to be short with you.

1) The Edebrock 2650 is the same rotor set that comes in the ZR-1, Magnuson 2650, Demon, Harrop, and others, the difference being packaging.

I may not have received the Memo but to my knowledge Edelbrock does not make a 2650 for the Gen5 Camaro, which is the reason I skipped over it.

2) See 1.

3) I believe you will have to visit other options Like Twin Turbos, The AGP systems are able to reach all of your criteria without issue.

And As I said the vortech YSI with custom mods has no problem

Procharger F1a94 is a great option.

I would be happy to provide the parts and advice you need to reach your goals.

Ted.

Ted,

I understand. You’re a busy man with many, many people coming to you. I felt guilty to even ask, but too tempted to apply all of your experience and knowledge to my situation. I understand it’s not just philanthropic, in that you hope it may generate sales and I don’t mind scratching your back as well if there is something I’m in the market for that you carry.

I wasn’t sure about Edelbrock. That’s why I asked if it could fit my car. Sometimes there are adapter plates or what have you that could have made it possible. I even read something about an upgrade kit to fit the new blades in an old unit (as they say they preplanned for that when building earlier models). Sometimes I get lost in all the circles of product talk, and I’m no mechanic myself, other than maintenance. So though you knew the answer was no, I didn’t. Thank you for letting me know that.

So as far as other suggestions, such as your Vortech, F1a94 PC, and AGP turbos, I still feel that I’m absent one very important piece of knowledge you have inside of you that hasn’t made it to me yet. That is, amongst the (at least) dozens of blowers that will meet my needs of under hood and 1000-1500rwhp, do you remember any particular units that were more quiet than the bulk of the other options?

I know for most in the hobby, they don’t care so much about sound, and look at my consideration for it as some sort of backwards way of hot rodding. A lot of guys want to get that super aggressive exhaust and make a big noise, even if it doesn’t help performance. I must admit, I love a mean exhaust note, but for me and my functions for the car, it has more drawbacks than benefits. Same is true with blowers. Many want them to be loud jet sounding to “advertise” their big power. I don’t. So it may be the last consideration you want to address, but it’s really the most important thing I’ve been asking you. It is the purpose for the other questions. Please advise if you just happened to notice (a) blower(s) that were quieter than the others (in that power range and fitment).

Thanks Again

Last edited by Vanishing Point; 07-22-2019 at 06:31 PM.
Vanishing Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:31 PM   #434
XxshadowdawgxX
 
XxshadowdawgxX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 91
So I️ had a 388ci motor built by a very reputable shop and it was not cheap. Ive done three different forced induction setups. Every setup yielded very high boost numbers around 20-24lbs. But the hp/tq numbers just aren’t there. I’ve put every best part I️ can on the car at this point hoping it would solve the issue. I️’m going to have a leak down and compression test done. But what would cause this, it’s basically been like this since the motor was built. Any opinion or advice is wanted, thanks.
__________________
*2012 Camaro ZL1 (1 of 69 preproduction) A6*
388CI Dart LS Next Iron Block, Molnar Rods, CP Carillo Pistons (10.5:1), Dart Pro LS3 Heads, Cam Motion BR69 Custom Grind Camshaft, F1A-94 Procharger - Cogged, Holley Sniper High Rise Intake, 1 7/8” TSP Headers, 1700CC ID Injectors, Fore Innovations Triple 450lph, DSX Flexfuel Sensor, Tuned by Tuning by Shane Hinds LLC.
XxshadowdawgxX is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.