Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-01-2019, 12:10 AM   #1
greycamarollt

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 LLT
2010 Camaro BBK Header error code P0158, P2097, P2273

Added BBK ceramic headers with high flo cats with all new O2 sensors and got a Check Engine Light after running the car for half hour on the highway used the Trifecta to tune the car and scan got code P0158 and P2273.

What I did was tighten O2 sensor on the bank 2 sensor 2 {passenger side} O2 after the cat. After running the car on the highway this time two hours on the highway I got no Check Engine Light but error codes P0158, P2097 and P2273 from the scan.

What is the difference when the CEL comes on and does not come on but I still get the same error codes? Should disable the codes or figure the leak or cause?

I have dynomax ultra flo mufflers 17580 which sounds great but starts to rust and have fiberglass blowing out one of the muffler. I could replace them with new ones but what would be a better alternative or should I stick with these type of mufflers and hope they don't rust out from the inside.
greycamarollt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:45 AM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Are you tuned for headers?
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 04:30 PM   #3
greycamarollt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Are you tuned for headers?
Yes, when I ordered the Trifecta program

added that 2010 Camaro V6 LLT has
BBK long headers with high flo cats
Vararam ram air
2.5" SS pipes
dynomax exhaust

Replaced the all O2 sensors with new ones because the car has 136k miles on it.

I may have to run it again to see if codes come back even after clearing but so far the CEL has not came back on after tightening the passenger post cat sensor.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:40 PM   #4
greycamarollt

After watching Rocketman drove to Taco Bell nearby at low speed and Check Engine Light came on with the following codes P0158, P2273. Seems when driving on the highway no CEL but when I am driving around slow and stopping a lot I get CEL very quickly.

I wonder if the excessive heat from the heaters from idling help cause it. Probably helps if I go to the shop to tighten the two bolts on the passenger side header, but I doubt there is a header leak or there would be error message from the O2 sensor pre cat?