Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
scuba264

Drives: Manual 2011 CGM LS
Ugh, lots of minor problems

I've got a 2011 LS, with only 22,000 (daily driver but worked from home up until recently ) Garage kept, occasionally driven with some gusto but I'm not doing 1/4 mile runs here!

Noticed oil when I changed my intake, dealer says I need a front crankshaft seal. Pretty damn early to be needing something like that but looks like others have similar posts I guess.

On top of that I've had this rattle in my heatshield. I mostly fixed it but theres a tiny bit I need to bend again but haven't gotten to it.

My clutch pedal developed a squeak, again a simple fix but something I'd rather just not have happen.

And also my heater fan has started a minor squeak. Threads here look like its an integrated piece of the dash?!!? I'm just out of the 3 year warranty so likely they wouldn't touch it and if they have to pull the whole dash the kind of thing that probably ends up with more squeaks and problems after they pull the damn thing anyway! Might just deal with that, seems a cold weather thing maybe.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:49 AM   #2
scuba264

Drives: Manual 2011 CGM LS
Well, this is a cute coincidence. So I drove out to Ohio last night, some 70 miles. Coming back at 2am my car died at the entrance to my plan. Power but wouldn't turn over. It started this morning but sounded all crazy. Got it to the front of my house where it died again.

In PA we have yearly inspections, I just got it checked out at my dealership yesterday morning. So I guess at least if theres a problem thats even more reason that it should be taken care of.

I shouldn't be worrying about this stuff at 22,000 miles