Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 02-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #43
Fire65

Drives: 2011 2 LT RS Convertible
It was 64° today, dropped the top, if this weather keeps up I'll test the leak fix.
Fire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #44
Indiana Rocket

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS VERT
Dear GM... January is over! I finally got into the dealer though and was talking with customer service who created a ticket for it. I supposed to be called back by someone a little higher up the chain so we shall see. The top holes are very noticeable at this point and the service guy looked as upset as me when he saw it which is a good sign too.

I'm Great At Taking Stuff Apart It's The Putting It Back Together That Gives Me Problems.
Indiana Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #45
MARTYBMW

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS RJT Convertible
I hit a new dealership this past weekend for an oil change as my regular was closed and while there I inquired about any TSB's for the top. They came back with absolutely no TSB's concerning the top what so ever. Does anyone know, did they pull the previous ones due to the fact they did not resolve all of the issues?

Just curious as we know they were there but now nothing in the system.

Born On 04/01/11
MARTYBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #46
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by comeinpeace View Post
AS far as this convertible top fix goes...(mind you..i am not an engineer) why doesnt gm analyze the verts that DO NOT have an issue- and CLONE everything they see.
the mechanical parts in these verts are not that complicated -imho
seems like some mechanical parts are not set correctly, or are not positioned correctly.
Hey hey, careful with that rational thought !
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #47
evlar

Drives: 2011 (L99) 2SS/RS vert
I don't know about you guys, but I am tired of seeing rub marks after I drive top down; I'm tired of worrying about the 5th bow breaking; I'm tired of thinking the fabric will be ruined flapping away at highways speeds; I'm tired of thinking when it rains water will run into the cabin from water management system failing. I mean I just bought this car 35 days ago!

Having said that... I love driving my vert! I just wish GM would openly concede on the defects and let us know they are working on a permanent solution. I would relax if I just knew they were going to make it right! Forgive me for not trusting a large, for-proft company.

Just sayin...
evlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #48
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlar View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I am tired of seeing rub marks after I drive top down; I'm tired of worrying about the 5th bow breaking; I'm tired of thinking the fabric will be ruined flapping away at highways speeds; I'm tired of thinking when it rains water will run into the cabin from water management system failing. I mean I just bought this car 35 days ago!

Having said that... I love driving my vert! I just wish GM would openly concede on the defects and let us know they are working on a permanent solution. I would relax if I just knew they were going to make it right! Forgive me for not trusting a large, for-proft company.

Just sayin...
Yeah! yeah! What he said!!!!!!

PS- Evlar- you coming to the meet Saturday?
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #49
evlar

Drives: 2011 (L99) 2SS/RS vert
Drago (Kev)-

What time/where? PM me the details and if I can convince the girlfriend, I'll try to swing by to check it out.
evlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #50
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:

Just sayin...
If they openly admit there is a problem, then they have to fix it. By not saying anything, if they can't fix it or it's too costly to fix then they can just call it normal wear.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #51
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
We missed it. It is now February 1st. Maybe they will have one this month?
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #52
VenomInside
Just Grazing

Drives: 2003 EB Corvette Z06
They said January but of what year?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert 6MT (Lemon-Sold)
2003 Sonic Blue Cobra 458rwhp/458rwtq (Sold)
1996 Mystic Cobra 455rwhp/400rwtq (sold)
1999 BGC T/A 377rwhp/360rwtq (sold)
2004 Silver Cobra 600rwhp/540rwtq (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
2012 zl1... the new 99 cobra?
VenomInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #53
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
2015 when the new model comes out with a retractable hard top
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #54
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
2015 when the new model comes out with a retractable hard top
LOL, that's a good one.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #55
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTYBMW View Post
I hit a new dealership this past weekend for an oil change as my regular was closed and while there I inquired about any TSB's for the top. They came back with absolutely no TSB's concerning the top what so ever. Does anyone know, did they pull the previous ones due to the fact they did not resolve all of the issues?

Just curious as we know they were there but now nothing in the system.
Just curious - While you had it at the dealer for an oil change did you tell them NOT to wash your car or did you let the do it? I'm going to take mine in for the first free oil change next week and I'm trying to decide if I should try to insist that they don't wash the car or just let them do it. I know they did it at least twice before I bought it without harming it. They have a car wash machine with rollers and the salesman says they run all the cars through it, even convertibles. I guess he could be wrong, but I do know that they washed my car before I got it.
Lee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #56
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:

Just sayin...
I know how you feel. I've just had mine for 2 months and after first reading this stuff I was reluctant to put the top down, or up, and kept expecting it to break. Then I read some advice in another thread from one of the guys who has severe top problems. It was addressed to someone who was worried about their top. He more or less said, "If you aren't having problems with your top, don't worry about it. Some people never have problems. If you have problems you'll know when it happens, so there is no need to look for them all the time." I've tried to follow that advice and I've found it a lot less aggravating than driving around pissed off because of something that I was afraid might happen in the future.
Lee123 is offline   Reply With Quote