Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 07-14-2018, 08:46 AM   #1
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
USED BTR 7.4 3/8 pushrods

Used approx. 3k. Look almost brand new except for normal wear on the ends...DID NOT RUB on my stock LS3 heads and ran awesome with the PAC springs.

Looking for $75 obo not incl S/H...currently at c'fest!

peace
Old 07-18-2018, 08:42 AM   #2
frankwjr

TTT - any Q's..hit me up.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:52 PM   #3
frankwjr

So since pic's help..
Name:  7.4 38th pr.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  191.7 KB

and a little light reading to enlighten those possibly questioning the use of these...from Manton Pushrods website..

A pushrod is an eccentrically loaded column due to angularity load and arc motion throughout pushrod travel. Pushrods want to deflect most toward the bottom of the column near the lifter side of the pushrod. This is because of the angularity load. In most cases it is best to use the largest diameter pushrod that will fit in the engine. The increased diameter will lessen deflection and allow better valve train control.

When checking and fitting for pushrod diameter it may be necessary to use a single taper or dual offset taper design, with the large end being toward the bottom. This places the larger diameter and increased mass properly to stiffen the pushrod where it wants to flex the most. The added clearance that the tapered design gives through the head and near the rockerarm can really be helpful. The taper on the tube can also help dampen harmonics in the valvetrain.

With a stiffer pushrod column, increased valvelift should be able to be measured statically in applications using a lot of spring pressure. The higher the engine speed the greater the increase will be at running speed. Keep in mind that by increasing wall thickness to a pushrod column does add strength, the percentage of increase is very small. The large gain in column strength comes from increasing the pushrod diameter.

Do not be overly concerned about pushrod weight. The pushrod is on the slow moving side of the valve train. The additional weight of a heavy wall pushrod usually provides a much needed increase in valve train stability.

tks fer lookin!

peace

Last edited by frankwjr; 07-23-2018 at 11:05 AM.
frankwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:57 PM   #4
frankwjr

ttt tks!