Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #43
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwhiteman View Post
That pm would be awesome. Actually looking to order in the next week or so! Did you find it cheaper to buy the 4 piece and the side vents separately? I was going to go with the 6 piece, but have no use for the spoiler.

DM, I'll hit you up with the guy @ 3dCarbon's info when I get back from dinner. You can mix and match anything you want from them, don't feel obligated to buy the 6 piece if you don't need it. The guys at 3d are very easy to work with

Thanks Aquablue, yes Roger does fantastic work, as you can attest to as well...love what you did the with added extra colors yesterday, really makes those door sills pop! I'm really looking forward to seeing more pics of your 68 :respect:

Engine covers attached & ready to be mounted, had to run to my storage unit because they required a piece from the OEM engine cover to attach, but here's some pics, along with the 3d Front Fender vents.

Kind of like a lightning effect!!

Prepping the vents for install, completed pics tomorrow :headband: and they ARE functional!!!

I'd like to personal thank Justice Pete from Pedders & Eric from MPD1 for the phone calls today, and the help in fixing my fitment issue with the hood & coilovers. Where else can you get the Presidents of major companies to stop what they're doing and talk to their customers?.....Customer Service IS NOT DEAD!! Another reason why I chose to go with products from both these fine companies.

The fix was simple, I just have to remove the adjustment knob after I dial in my settings and just keep them in the glove box. This car will be doing various car shows and I WANT people to know that it's running Pedders, so when I'm at a show and the hood's open I can just pop the knobs back on, can't get easier than that!!!

The Solution:

For Show:

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #44
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
DM, I'll hit you up with the guy @ 3dCarbon's info when I get back from dinner. You can mix and match anything you want from them, don't feel obligated to buy the 6 piece if you don't need it. The guys at 3d are very easy to work with

Thanks Aquablue, yes Roger does fantastic work, as you can attest to as well...love what you did the with added extra colors yesterday, really makes those door sills pop! I'm really looking forward to seeing more pics of your 68 :respect:

Engine covers attached & ready to be mounted, had to run to my storage unit because they required a piece from the OEM engine cover to attach, but here's some pics, along with the 3d Front Fender vents.

Kind of like a lightning effect!!

Prepping the vents for install, completed pics tomorrow :headband: and they ARE functional!!!

I'd like to personal thank Justice Pete from Pedders & Eric from MPD1 for the phone calls today, and the help in fixing my fitment issue with the hood & coilovers. Where else can you get the Presidents of major companies to stop what they're doing and talk to their customers?.....Customer Service IS NOT DEAD!! Another reason why I chose to go with products from both these fine companies.

The fix was simple, I just have to remove the adjustment knob after I dial in my settings and just keep them in the glove box. This car will be doing various car shows and I WANT people to know that it's running Pedders, so when I'm at a show and the hood's open I can just pop the knobs back on, can't get easier than that!!!

The Solution:

For Show:
Man, that is all I can get out of my mouth!!!!!---WOOOOWWWW!!! That is going to look so sweet....Oh, I got this out of my mouth too.....PIX,PIX,PIX!!!! I want to see the engine cover installed.......

I can finally say something after picking my tongue and chin up off the floor........Can I say it again?------WOW!
Old 02-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #45
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Eye candy... mmmmmmmm.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #46
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
So so sick! Can't wait to see some more pix!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #47
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
What are you looking to get from Chris for your interior?
Old 02-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #48
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
He's got some!!

[QUOTE=Kronix;4527430]Well, all body parts are painted and ready for install, besides the Z-Force hood, did that last week. Today was the day to take the air saw to the side fender for my 3dCarbon Fender Vents...A steady hand was definitely required for this, plus a little bit of craziness is needed to cut a brand new car Thanks to Lupe from River City Creations for the info on cutting the fender!

Now here is a guy with "cojones"... I'm not sure---no, I know I couldn't do that to a new car!! I saw the fender vents held up to the hole...looks good!!...
Old 03-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #49
Thyshallsmite

Drives: 2011 Grand sport c6 corvette
Such an amazing car sir, if i had the money i'd definitely be following in your foot steps
Thyshallsmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #50
Kronix

Thanks to all for the positive comments, much appreciated!!!

@Stieger(any recommendations?), the car's been gone for sooo long getting everything else done, that once I get her back I'm going to take a deep breath, relax & enjoy everything I've done so far. It's been pure HELL not having the car, I mean I literally put less than 100 miles on it after the SC was installed, then it went right to Extreme Auto Works for everything else. So interior wise, I want to see what options I have and then really think it out, like I did with everything else.

So much progress was made this week, as Ray, the owner of Extreme & I really spent so many hours getting this car together, things happen, paint shops get jammed up, so i learned from Ray that I just need to roll with it.

What's left?.....Although I wasn't at the shop today, had other business I had to do, so who knows, Ray could've surprised me, but the list as I know it is: Mounting the Boost & A/F gauge on the A Pillar pod, mounting the front spoiler, mount the V1 Pod on roof liner, alignment, install engine covers and just a few small odds & ends, should definitely be ready by early to mid next week.

Enjoy some eye candy & once again thanks to all that have supported this project, you know who you are! :respect:

First things first....Ken's Auto Body took on the task of patching the ugly front license plate holes & getting rid of the mail slot FOR GOOD, not just the SLP delete option, that baby's GONE! Excellent job goes out to Jeff @ Kens. For any Central Coast guys, Ken's Auto Body is your place to go, he's not afraid to do anything!

What Mail Slot?

No, it's not a V6

On to the MPD1 Smooth Rear Exhaust, totally made for the Camaro! Eric, job well done. GM should've definitely gone this route....

Ray applying the urethane to the bumper, that baby's on there for good!

On to the 3dCarbon Fender Vents, just cut your fender & pop them in...Little urethane on them too, as they ain't going anywhere!

The steady hand of Ray B. You da man brother!!

On to the other side

We all like a good reach around right?

What mail slot, is that a V6 with the SS kit? Yup, all 650 HP of it

Then we had a little fun.....
http://youtu.be/OYseOC28jqE
http://youtu.be/nAIgi-K1kmI

(I would just post the video on here but I can figure it out, so it's just links for now.)

Should be real close tomorrow, so I hope to have some shots out of the garage, it's dirty as all hell, but I need to see it outside! Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Kronix; 03-02-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #51
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Kronix your ride is turning out so sweet! Good job. I can't wait to see and hear it in person. Between you and Tom D. , you all got the bases covered! Sweet! My Orange Krate is jealous. Good luck brother. Stay safe.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #52
Kronix

Thank you Orange Krate, but you're tricked out in your own way as well, and that's what it's all about, right!

Got surprised today to see the that the MPD1 Rear Spoiler & 3dCarbom Front Spoiler got installed. Exhaust back on, and work began on the Boost & AF Gauges into the A Pillar.

We'll be doing work over the weekend as well, we REALLY want to finish this up!!

On to the pics, sorry for the poor lighting as it's still in the garage so lighting is very limited:

Eric's MPD1 Rear Spoiler is just made for this car & makes it look so much better (IMO)

Final piece of the 3dCarbon kit, the front spoiler. Just fitted on, not tightened yet as we're doing the Hide-Away License Plate & I'm adding a red LED scanner bar to go with the white one behind the grille.

I really like this idea we did with the MPD1 Smooth Rear Exhaust & the stock piece that it's supposed to get screwed into. We added nylon spacer tubes & stainless hardware.The rear panel is solid as a rock!

It'll hit the streets soon, real soon! Thanks for looking

Old 03-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #53
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
I'm wanting to do the same setup MPD hood and 3dCarbon vented fenders! Ordered my MPD hood just the other day. How long did it take for yours to come in?
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:34 AM   #54
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
I'm wanting to do the same setup MPD hood and 3dCarbon vented fenders! Ordered my MPD hood just the other day. How long did it take for yours to come in?

I ordered the hood, rear spoiler & smooth rear exhaust (I was one of the first 20 for that), on November 30th, with production of everything we received it at the shop on the 17th, so a tad over 2 weeks. I know the excitement you feel, it'll be well worth it!

Old 03-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #55
dmwhiteman

Drives: 2SS Black w/ Inferno Orange Stripes
Looking great! Im really liking the vents! I was unsure about them at first, how they would blend in with black. But they look awesome.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #56
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
What an awesome build. Can't wait to see it rolled out in the sun. Very interested in the mail slot fill. Was thInking of trying that way but worried about shrinkage or ghosting. I smell COTW, love it
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx