Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
KJSolar

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Smoother shifting, more power after break-in period?

So I got my 2LT about a month ago, and I've got about 625 miles on it, and it seems as the car has much more power, and the trans is shifting much better than when new.

It is my first manual trans car in over 20 yrs, and my first one I got as new, so I've never experienced a break in period on a manual trans...the shifter when new seemed really stiff and the clutch really tight. I just figured this was the way the car would feel. Now it may be I'm getting better at driving/shifting as I re-learn a manual trans, but that doesn't explain the feeling of greater power. (if I were to quantify how much more power it feels like...I would guess 30-40 more.) The car feels great so I'm not complaining, but it was/is such a noticeable difference I thought it might be worth mentioning here.

Did everyone else who bought new, experience the same as me?
KJSolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
I experienced much of the same around the 1000 mile mark. Car just opens up and becomes a whole a new beast.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
KJSolar

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
It's like a completely different car. I'm going on a 900 mile trip in it for Labor Day weekend and can't wait!
KJSolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
yeah, I don't think the shifter, tranny & engine really isn't fully broken in to about 15,000 miles, when I hit around that mark I started getting 1.5 mpg better as the engine is now loosened up.

Also the clutch wears in and isn't as grabby, the mechanics of the tranny & shifter take time to wear in so shifting becomes easier,, and if you have any gear grinding this will reduce as well.

you'll be really happy with the car when it gets broken in, it will drive like a dream
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
CamaroJoe96

Drives: 2013 Full Bolt on LFX M6
I seem to be grinding even more! currently at 14k miles
Old 08-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
When I drove the car for the first time I was rather concerned with the shifting. It didn't take long for it to smarten up. I havn't felt any increase in power. It's been a tire fryer since the day I bought it.