Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-24-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
Lucky SOB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Waiting on GFX... Version 2.0

Well I saw the other thread got closed, not sure why. Maybe too off topic?

Lets try to keep this one on topic... please

Has anyone received their's yet? I'm still waiting on my front lip and front lip only... Btw, my front lip fell off mid May, so I should have been close to the front of the line. The rest of my GFX is still on and doing fine.

Also I saw someone mentioned in the other thread that there is not a new design. Well... There kinda is... I believe it is the same exact panel, but the front edge is now installed using rivets. GM originally called for it to be installed with 3M tape only (this is how mine was installed, it failed at 70mph). So it is more of a new installation design, than a panel redesign if you will.

Hope this clears up some questions.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2015i Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
Still waiting..... I was told it should be deliverd today
Current:2015i Cadilac Escalade,2016 Lexus RC350,2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned & loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09
Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
[SIGPIC]
third1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
Whwilson

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I got mine put on yesterday, my car was delivered to the dealer on 6/29 without the GFX, the effects came in last Friday, I made an appointment to have them put on 7/22, as this was the first set that my dealer had to install, they didn't know that the kit called for the cutting and re-installation of the supplied exhaust tips, so it took an extra half day.

From what I know, and it's not much, there is not a new and improved kit, dealers and others were not adhearing to the proper installation of the front lip, just using the D/S tape versus taping and riveting as described in the installation guide. There were a couple of bulletins release on the installation.

For what it's worth.
Whwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
2032Ceta

Drives: 2010 Camaro/2009 Nissan Rogue
Got mine the other day. Sitting in my dealers parts department in a huge box. Very well packaged. Going to paint shop on Monday to get painted. Hopefully have them installed by Friday. We'll see...
2032Ceta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
aircooled

Drives: 2005 Chevy Cavalier
I just found out about service bulletin #09-08-51-002 which states

"Ground effects (P/Ns 92207441 and 92208008)The painting of these components before or after installation is considered a modification. Modifying the components will void the accessory's warranty coverage. Please advise the customer that these parts are not paint to match."

WTF is this all about
aircooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:13 PM   #6
achalk

Drives: 2SS/RS+GFX/black/black
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircooled View Post
I just found out about service bulletin #09-08-51-002 which states

"Ground effects (P/Ns 92207441 and 92208008)The painting of these components before or after installation is considered a modification. Modifying the components will void the accessory's warranty coverage. Please advise the customer that these parts are not paint to match."

WTF is this all about

that better be BS...as if painting them will have some adverse effect on the product, and if it does, what a poorly produced product

mine came in this week...plan on having them painted and installed next week. if anyone is having them painted, can you post the price the dealership is charging you.

Ordered: 2SS/RS Black on Black with GFX

1100: Ordered 10/17/2008
2000: 4/16/09
3000: 4/21/09
3300: 5/29/09
3400: 6/3/09
3800: 6/12/09
5000: 7/3/09
6000: 7/6/09!!
achalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:52 AM   #7
BlueMarlin
phi alpha

Drives: 2005 GMC Envoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by achalk View Post
that better be BS...as if painting them will have some adverse effect on the product, and if it does, what a poorly produced product

mine came in this week...plan on having them painted and installed next week. if anyone is having them painted, can you post the price the dealership is charging you.
It says "the accessories warranty coverage," I think this might apply to a warranty for the ground effects and not the overall car? I'm no lawyer, but I did stay at the holiday inn express last night.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:06 AM   #8
sharbaugh
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: IMB RS SS MANUAL LOADED
Car delivered 6/24 ground effects delivered 7/17, painted to match and installed 7/23.
17 rivits and minor mods to install, but they look great.
sharbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:28 AM   #9
muSScle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
$500 paint to match..... make sure to get all your "old" parts back.... Mine are "curing" in the paint booth, to be put on Monday..... perfect timing, nothing but rain all weekend.... she would of been sitting in the garage anyway...
Old 07-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #10
2032Ceta

Drives: 2010 Camaro/2009 Nissan Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by muSScle View Post
$500 paint to match..... make sure to get all your "old" parts back.... Mine are "curing" in the paint booth, to be put on Monday..... perfect timing, nothing but rain all weekend.... she would of been sitting in the garage anyway...
I was under the impression that the kit went over all the parts. Can someone clarify this? Are the side skirt what would be considered the "old" parts to get back. Also, local paint shop is charging me $600. They said they had to charge extra for the IOM paint.
2032Ceta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #11
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I got mine installed last weekend (no painting), and when I went to pick it up, the front lip has about a quarter inch gap at the very front peak. I'll see if I can get some pics of it. I took it back to the dealership and said that it's not right and they need to fix it. So, the Service Manager has some local engineering rep come by to take a look at it, and they look at another car that has them installed on the lot at a different dealership and they are now trying to tell me that it's supposed to be that way.

My question is, does anyone have the instructions for installing the "new version" in pdf lke I've seen have been posted for the first model of ground effects?

I would like to be able to go to them armed with some cold, hard facts, but it sounds like they just don't want to have to order a new front fascia and ground effects lip at their own cost.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #12
Whwilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I got mine installed last weekend (no painting), and when I went to pick it up, the front lip has about a quarter inch gap at the very front peak. I'll see if I can get some pics of it. I took it back to the dealership and said that it's not right and they need to fix it. So, the Service Manager has some local engineering rep come by to take a look at it, and they look at another car that has them installed on the lot at a different dealership and they are now trying to tell me that it's supposed to be that way.

My question is, does anyone have the instructions for installing the "new version" in pdf lke I've seen have been posted for the first model of ground effects?

I would like to be able to go to them armed with some cold, hard facts, but it sounds like they just don't want to have to order a new front fascia and ground effects lip at their own cost.
I had the same experience with the gap at the peak, the front sides were a bit "not right" as well. I was there for most the back and side work, I was not there for the front portion, I stood outside the bay watching, the service person was following GM's instructions and bulletins as required. To do it again, no GFX for me, I do like the rear look and the sides are ok, but the front is a frigging cow catcher. I'll take some photos of mine in the morning for comparison.

W
Old 07-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #13
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
is there anyway to order the front lip only? or do you have to order the whole package together? i reallly like the front lip, but i dont want the side skirts and other stuff.
also, would the lip have an effect on the ground clearance? is it closer than 5 inches to the ground
Old 07-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #14
Whwilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
is there anyway to order the front lip only? or do you have to order the whole package together? i reallly like the front lip, but i dont want the side skirts and other stuff.
also, would the lip have an effect on the ground clearance? is it closer than 5 inches to the ground
On the side of the front it's about 7.5 inches, in the middle of the front it is about 8" from the ground.