Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-20-2018, 06:52 AM   #15
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurshot View Post
The real test is to ask 'what would you pay for my car?"
Exactly. Your car is worth exactly the amount someone will pay for it.

If you really wan to sell it, you will accept an offer that may be below your current expectations.

There may be a buyer who values the mods you did, but for most buyers, someone else's mods spell trouble.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:04 AM   #16
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Most here will say they would expect high market value on selling their cars, but the same person will expect to pay below market value when buying. Human nature.

Guys that modify their cars will say they can get more when selling and would pay more for a modified car when buying. Guys that don't modify will say they can get more for a stock car than a modified car and would never buy a modified car. Human nature.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:46 AM   #17
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
I would expect you'll get right around $20k, assuming you're not in a rush to sell. The mods don't help with 95% of buyers, unfortunately. I would probably ask $23,000 and be ready to make someone a "deal" a few grand under.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:51 AM   #18
dnelson

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurshot View Post
Most here will say they would expect high market value on selling their cars, but the same person will expect to pay below market value when buying. Human nature.

Guys that modify their cars will say they can get more when selling and would pay more for a modified car when buying. Guys that don't modify will say they can get more for a stock car than a modified car and would never buy a modified car. Human nature.
This is painfully accurate
dnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:40 AM   #19
Hulk

Drives: 2011 Synenergy Green 2SS/RS
As stated check NADA and Kelley Blue book for your area. Also do a search for them on craigslist as dealers post them a lot around here to give you an area market value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
i would keep it,unless youre buying one in synergy green.

Name:  IMG_20170218_101731685.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  189.0 KB
Old 07-20-2018, 11:21 AM   #20
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
As stated check NADA and Kelley Blue book for your area. Also do a search for them on craigslist as dealers post them a lot around here to give you an area market value.

Attachment 947369
That's retail though. No one is going to give you retail pricing. And, the fact that it's modded means it's worth even less.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:43 AM   #21
NoSloSS
BUMBLWHO

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Thanks everyone. I was just gauging the market. I also have all factory parts for the car to include wheels so those would go back on if necessary.
NoSloSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:44 AM   #22
NoSloSS
BUMBLWHO

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
I think I will keep it and take her to Germany for the next few years. I think the market there would boost my price when I sell.
NoSloSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:59 AM   #23
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSloSS View Post
I think I will keep it and take her to Germany for the next few years. I think the market there would boost my price when I sell.
I would have to imagine that a modded Camaro probably does get a premium in Germany. I have exactly zero knowledge on foreign sales of these cars, but it would stand to reason that supply/demand works heavily in your favor.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:58 PM   #24
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Best not to sell a investment as you have lost all the money just to get some cash unless its having trouble. Your getting beat to death with depreciation and get roughly 1/2 the value you paid for it and its a steal for the right buyer who unlike you will appreciate it....just something IMO.... go big or go home is still true, so is new car fever. Your mostly to taste mods made it not so special to you apparently, me I just had some guy run into traffic at the light to say how awesome my car sounds and ask what I did to it so I told him some and told him to get the hell out of the road before he is run over its...5 lanes..LOL Yes I revved it for him and he said no it has to be driving lol so I did a 1/2 shift after making the turn to make it sound off....
A car with no attitude...….not so much for loving it long term; just me a old hot rodder still getting permagrin...and I can always change out a engine or mod to my tastes to make it that much more loved by me. Taste is subjective.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:55 PM   #25
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyblue98 View Post
Reality Check

Look up Kelly and NADA Retail Values .
Then SUBTRACT the amount you spent on MODS.

Been through this at least a dozen times over the years.
95% of people don't want a modded car .
Even those that do assume you drove the **** out of it so
offer a less than unmodified cars value.

I doubt my car would bring low 20's even with half the mileage and a lot more spent on mods.
I don't think you should subtract the cost of the MODS. If the buyer knew what he was looking at they would have no problem with a turbo/super, headers, or normal performance mods. I think the problem with MOD's are when you personalize the appearance of the car not so much the performance stuff. I would have no problem paying a couple grand more for a car with a turbo or really any performance MOD's -vs- buying a car that is stock with no performance MOD's.

I have done lots of mods on my car but I have kept everything that came on the car. Would I be better off removing the mods and bringing the car back to stock?
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:53 AM   #26
Mrfreeze

Drives: 2014 SS Convertible
Try a high end auction. They appreciate and pay for mods.
Mrfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:53 AM   #27
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSloSS View Post
Probably should look into laws in Germany/E.U. regarding mods. E.U. has become very restrictive about everything from shampoo to airplanes.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:16 AM   #28
mchaggis

Drives: 2011 L99 2SS
In my neck of the woods $50k would be cheap. Take it with you.
mchaggis is offline   Reply With Quote